Battlefront and CM2

Okay, there have been quite a few threads about updating the main page, but I was thinking, isn't it about time a "Coming Soon!" notice or something was put up for Combat Mission 2, or somefink?

I mean, people who come through would think that there are NO games in development. Not everyone interested in CM is a member of this forum, and to be honest, For the first six months that this game was released, I never even THOUGHT about coming to the forum. Not that I was against it -- it just didn't cross my mind, that's all.

I want BTS to get the most from the world, and with all these previews coming out, people will find their way to battlefront and find... NOTHING!

New people who are coming to the forums may have been directed here by reading one of the several articles in the gaming magazines about CMBB. I'm sure BTS will get around to putting the info up about CM2 once it gets close to completion. There are enough posts coming up about it that anyone who spends an hour here will see a brand new thread about it... like this ?!?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YECoyote:

Actually, I'm more interested in what is going on in the CM2 Beta Test forum. Please let us in :D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with that is that it probably contains proprietary information that BTS doesn't want falling into the hands of likely competitors prior to the release of the game. It's a hard world...

Michael

If I where BTS, I would even keep the names of the beta testers secret to limit leakage. All it would take is to have a beta version show up with cavalry, and then have the feature removed because the beta testers and BTS thought it was unworkable, to cause an uproar. Better to have one set of people releasing data, and only releasing hard data. Oh yeah, shooting down rumors is important to.

I am sure we all understand your wanting to know more, as I posted a request for more info, screen shots, etc... anything, a few days ago, and a couple of kind souls helped pointing me to a couple sites with interviews, etc. via using this forum, and I'm sure if you look back a few days in this forum you'll see it.

I believe that they don't let much info out less-so for reasons of not wanting to tip their hand, so to speak, to the competition, but I assume the main reason is that they don't want to tell us of something that they planned to put into the game, but is later realized they couldn't.

Once that is done, there are way too many unreasonable flame-the-game-maker type responses that tend to pop up.

It's sad, but I'm sure you all know how that story goes.

:(

The Beastmaster wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I believe that they don't let much info out less-so for reasons of not wanting to tip their hand, so to speak, to the competition, but I assume the main reason is that they don't want to tell us of something that they planned to put into the game, but is later realized they couldn't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorta true. However, the big reason is that everytime we do x, people will expect x+y tomorrow. So we need to be very selective about giving out information at this early date as we are many months away from release. Right now we are focused on making the thing, not promoting it smile.gif

Steve

I'd say that they are not sure on a release date which may be another reason why they haven't added anything to the main page.

We all know it will be ready sometime around the end of the year/early next year.

I don't think BTS has a better idea of when they will have it finished.