CM2 operations: so many to choose from

It's amazing to think of just how many operations could be made for CM2, starting with '41 and Smolensk, Kiev, Moscow, and Rostov. Then in '42 Kharkov, the Caucasus, Mars, and Stalingrad. '43, Kharkov, Kursk, kharkov again, the entire race to the Dnepr. '44, Korsun, Romania, the Baltic, Belorussian campaign, Lodz-Sandomierz. Finally, Vistula-Oder and Berlin.

It's going to be something else smile.gif

Tell me about it.

Just reading the book "Scorched Earth", I am half way through. And already I can see myself putting together dozens of scenarios.

The amount of scenarios and operations is just endless.

And the What If operations and sceanrios, even more. We have 4 1/2 years of war to simulate.

There are going to be scenarios made 10 years after the game is released.

I will be making Little Stalingrad

I hope to capture the horror of being the rearguard in the famous 'Cherkassy Pocket'. This unpleasant duty falls on elements of the Sturmbrigade Wallonie who's job it is to hold positions around the town of Novaya-Buda.

If the Op's can be played over a larger map, the actions of tank ace Kurt Schumacher would also be fun to re-create in the same Op.

Some accounts put his score at 21 T-34's in two days of fighting. :eek:

Or maybe something involving the Spanish Blue Div.

Remember 'Black Sunday'? I think it is still remembered to this day.

von shrad

Not sure if mine will be a scenario or operation representing a long withdrawl: the fighting withdrawl of an Hungarian cavalry (dismounted) force from behind Soviet lines in central Poland.

My father-in-law did it, so it must be possible!

Title: The Cheese Factory. Really.

I'd like to recreate a Soviet exploitation phase that was the result of a successful maskirovka/breakthrough operation. Also, I'd love to recreate the initial assault of the Vistula-Oder operation.

I have plans for "Mamaev Hill" which will be bloody as hell. Also, I hope someone does the ol' SL #1-3 "Dzerhizinsky Tractor Works.

"Crossing the Bug" comes to mind.

Manstein's attempt to rescue Paulus' 6th, and then Manstein's own masterful retreat.

The battles at the gates of Moscow, and I think a long, small operation focusing on Leningrad would be cool. I am reading the "900 Days" right now, and can't wait to learn more about Army Group Nord.

Oh, the opening of Operation Uranus, where the Hungarians are broken across the spearthrust of the Soviet Attack. That will be good. The taking of that airfield inside the Kessel, I can't remember the name of the village. Wouldn't it be cool to have airplane graphics a la landed planes, damaged planes, etc. Even planes taking off, ooooh...

The list goes on. But of course, ANY operation focusing on Stalingrad will be at the top of my list. Stalingrad has it all.

I think my first CM2 scenarios will be called:

-Faffing About in the Mud

-Freezing Cold and Starving

-6 Bullets and 20,000 Screaming Russians

-My Tank is Broke

-We're Out of Gas

-Lets Die Here Now (PBEM/TCPIP only)

-Drang Nach Osten, My Ass.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

I think my first CM2 scenarios will be called:

-Faffing About in the Mud

-Freezing Cold and Starving

-6 Bullets and 20,000 Screaming Russians

-My Tank is Broke

-We're Out of Gas

-Lets Die Here Now (PBEM/TCPIP only)

-Drang Nach Osten, My Ass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Cynicism has a humour all of its own' Lachmalnow, famous WW2 troop entertainer and stand-up comedian.

Nice one Terence

Not to forget all the other Axis allies.

An operation about Finns in 1944 would be interesting. Soviets would be rocking with Übertanks, but then Finns would get 'Schrecks and 'Fausts. Talk about a sudden change! Or then the fightin of 1941 in northern forests.