Where are all these new people comming from??!!

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

I have noticed this board has been swarmed by new members. I aint saying it's bad I am just amazed. In the past a new person or two popped up now and then or rarely. Now, bunch of new people arrive.

Is this maybe because of the reviews CM got in PCgamer or other websites as a wargame of the YEAR!!!

Or is maybe a coincidence.

Just wondering!

------------------

Rommel22s Kampfgruppe site:

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Perhaps its because THE GAME FINALLY CAME BACK IN STOCK!?!?!?

Hmmm....I know that's why I am here, 'cause it definitely ain't for the company! (Peng-ism)

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

Rommel, I bet its simple. I couple people Dl it form were ever and they play the demo and then go to the chat room. Very standard practice among hordes. Then of course you have the random factor. The people who just apear becuse they saw something funny and wanted to make a replie.... and so on.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

I am a newbie and I brough this game because Rommel 22 recommended it. I brough this game to show Rommel 22 that British tanks are superior to German tanks under the command of a skillful commender. I am looking forward to shock Rommel 22 (just like how I shock German tank crews) shortly. The tools are Churchill VII and Comet, depending on the situation. Of course, I wouldn't hesitate to play as Canadians and Polish to further disgrace his Panzer troops.

I actually saw an overwhelmingly positive review in KenzerCo's half-comic, half-game magazine "Knights of the Dinner Table". Being published by a bunch of real gamers (and not corporate flacks) who's opinion I trust, I downloaded the demo and ordered it immediately. So yes, there are probably a pile of us newbies here. Don't think of us as newbies, just think of us as...cannon fodder smile.gif

My only disappointment is that some of those great websites that I was surfing while anxiously wating for the game to arrive in the mail are now shut down (Wild Bill's, Combat Missions, etc.) I was looking forward to checking out a bunch of scenarios and mods.

Guest Rommel22

Eye, 21st Army Group!

That topic can be debated if British tanks are superior to German tanks or any other countries tanks. I thinks it's fifty fifty, good commander can use crapy tanks to his advantage!

Anyone have a comment.

------------------

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Rommel, I bet its simple. I couple people Dl it form were ever and they play the demo and then go to the chat room. Very standard practice among hordes. Then of course you have the random factor. The people who just apear becuse they saw something funny and wanted to make a replie.... and so on.

With all due respect Sir,

I do not think that anyone who had recently bought CM deserves to be labelled as "hordes". Yes, CM is pretty grognard, but grognard by itself does not distuinguish from popular.

Raglan, what have you done?,

jr.

[This message has been edited by JunoReactor (edited 03-06-2001).]

I can´t remember where I first heard about CM, but I read a few reviews of it on the net last December. This led me to Battlefront´s home page, and I immediately saw this was something for me. I have played both board games (mainly the Europa series) and RPG:s, but rarely do it nowadays (I would say about one weekend per year) because of limited time. But I can well use one-two hours a day in front of the computer instead of watching some crappy TV show.

I ordered CM right away - I didn´t bother to test the demo. And I´m not disappointed. Soon I will be ready for PBEM-ing.

Some of us ordered the game, then had to wait for two weeks while more were printed up! :-(

Seriously, I think the infusion of new blood (for watering the battlefield?) represents the tremendous word-of-mouth and replay value that the game has.

Guest Rex_Bellator

Great to see all new players, I've heard a rumour that they have been attracted like moths to the flame by the number of exclamation marks used in Rommels posts !!!!! !!!! !!! !! ! smile.gif

------------------

In blossom today

then scattered,

life is so like a delicate flower,

how can one expect the fragrance

to last forever

Vice Admiral Takijiro Ohnishi - Commander Kamikaze Special Attack Force

Guest Rommel22

I really like those exclamation marks. A bunch of them look cool!

------------------

I'd heard a little about it last year, and knew it was a game that I would need to have. I received it as a Christmas gift. Then I put it on the computer, and I almost cried, it was so feckin' beautiful. Everything I could've hoped a computer wargame could be. Then I looked it up some on the web, and found this great BBS, with a community of intelligent people committed to playing and improving the game-of-games. So, now my life is consumed by the glorious, ever-improving CMB0! (wipes tear from corner of eye) Now that I've started playing PBEM, I've reached some sort of gaming paradise. Anyway, enough of my prattling on...

Originally posted by Leeo:

I'd heard a little about it last year, and knew it was a game that I would need to have. I received it as a Christmas gift. Then I put it on the computer, and I almost cried, it was so feckin' beautiful. Everything I could've hoped a computer wargame could be. Then I looked it up some on the web, and found this great BBS, with a community of intelligent people committed to playing and improving the game-of-games. So, now my life is consumed by the glorious, ever-improving CMB0! (wipes tear from corner of eye) Now that I've started playing PBEM, I've reached some sort of gaming paradise. Anyway, enough of my prattling on...

No no.. its all in the TCP/IP

Welcome aboard, really!

TRUE gaming paradise is that LAST step....

the 3 min TCP/IP match and the adrenaline rush of watching every heartpounding second as your thin skinned M18 Hellcat tries to out run the turret rotation speed of a Panther as it races for the perfect flanking shot in a TCP/IP battle. Its all right there, the Thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat, and it is instantaneous and then you can taunt your opponent in the CHAT!! biggrin.gif he hehe

Now THATS gaming paradise! smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-07-2001).]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Perhaps its because THE GAME FINALLY CAME BACK IN STOCK!?!?!?

Hmmm....I know that's why I am here, 'cause it definitely ain't for the company! (Peng-ism)

Nothing so complicated. I played the demo and couldn't justify the game cost for a bit. Like any other starry-eyed twerp I sought out all I could. Just so happens the first thread that catches my eye is the Peng. Now I see it's obvious - God watches for fools and drunkards. These guys are watched twice.

[This message has been edited by Egbert (edited 03-08-2001).]