Does anybody play the Poles?

I've played the Polish side of a CM game exactly once (A scenario, lots of tanks, the name escapes me) and I wonder if there are any CMers out there that actually play them regularly, as I think they're probably even less used than the French in CM.

I think it's the language confusion that turns me off from playing them, at least I can catch when a German soldier says "panzer!" and I can scratch enough French to know what is going on when I play them, it's amazing how much I depend on sound in CM.

Are there even any differences between playing the Poles and the Brits?

Gyrene

Both the Poles and the French are cut-down versions of the Yanks/Brits with new .wav files added, and the only difference I can see is that they have drastically reduced force options. I've never played with them ,and can't see any reason for ever doing so. BTW, is it true that the rudest swear-word in CM is part of the French .wav collection?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

I personally don't think there are enough Polish scenarios to play...I'd rather play them than the French and even sometimes the Americans.....

smile.gif

Would love to see some large Polish scenarios Pleaseeeee !!!!! :D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Into the East' at Der Kessel.

Edit: that is actually one of the few scenarios I got uninvited feedback on (to quote: 'it rocks', was played PBEM), and that feedback made me go back and finish one more and continue work on some others. So there's a moral in there. If you want quality scenarios, give the designers feedback, even just dropping a line by email is enough, and let them know what you like to see, and maybe, just maybe you get it.

Otherwise scenario design can be about as rewarding as feeding pearls to hogs, to acquaint you with another old German proverb.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Germanboy ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monty's Double:

Anybody up for designing the "Battle of the Mace" scenario? That had to be one of their finest hours.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the motion. John Keegan's chapter 'A Polish Battlefield' in 'Six Armies in Normandy' almost brought tears to my eyes. It would definitely make an awesome OP (ahem, Rune. . . )

WWB

Brit with Poles in August Bank Holliday : a great scenario smile.gif!

For a QB there is no special interest in term of vehicules or weapons for playing the poles or the french (except if your fav tank is the M4A2 :D) but I like playing with them in historical scenarios.

I'm polish by birth and therefore always look for some good sources on polish action on the west front, but they're hard to find (unless you look in poland, where I am not). Still made a number of polish scenarios, you'll find them on www.gamesofwar.de - try "A polish tragedy" with a mix of Poles and Brits against another human opponent...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Are there even any differences between playing the Poles and the Brits?

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should put it this way - I was playing a competely random QB against the computer and drew the Brits. Fair enough. I began the fight and worked my way through about 15-20 turns (i.e more than half way through) when I noticed one of the Brits saying "Ya Daku! - Ya Daku!", or something to that effect - I'd been playing Poles the whole way through.

That's my story....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Asschen:

'Into the East' is a great scenario. It has a very good map, unusual units, some nasty surprises, ... I'm currently playing it PBEM and I'm enjoying every turn. Keep up the good work Germanboy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Asschen, hmm, what was that again... Flattery will get you new scenarios or somefink :D