Update on BaDco's Endgame Randomizer *Secure Mode* version

I just wanted to drop you all a note to let you know the status of version 1.5 of the BER, which includes Secure Mode. Bradleyh and I have been hard at work on this update and we think you all will be impressed.

For those of you that are not aware of what the BER is, check out our webpage at www.badcoinc.com/ber or do a search for BER in this forum.

Now for the release date. We feel we *should* be able to get it ready and available to download by this weekend. I'm gonna say Sunday if all goes well. Everything is coming along nicely and the secure mode, as we are designing it, rocks. It's use will require passwords from each player when the BER file is created and encrypted. Soon you can use the BER for your tournament games, pbem games, or whenever you want.

I will post the release in a new forum post for all to see so those that are interested can DL it when they want to.

We might release a smaller version at the same time for those that are just updating from the previous version saving you all the DL time.

Also, a brief request: For any of you that have CM sites, would you consider posting the BER file and or a link to our site? We'd like to get the word out about the program to everyone who plays the game but doesn't visit this forum on a regular basis.

Best Regards,

TeAcH

Special hello to Jimmy4Eyes! Sup?!

Hi All,

I had to go out of town this weekend and I won't have a chance to get version 1.5 completed and tested until next week. Sorry. We'll get an update posted to this thread in a few days.

Also, please let me know if you would like to help test version 1.5 by sending me a piece of e-mail to bradleyh_ms@msn.com. I'd like to send out a private build to just a few people in the next couple of days.

As always, Teach and I appreciate your feedback and comments.

- Brad

Well here we are and still no version 1.5 with secure mode. Bradleyh and I are really sorry about that.

Here is the scoop: It is ALMOST done. Just a few more hours worth and it'll be ready for release, Secure mode and more!

Bradleyh, the code-monster that he is, is responsible for this final component and believe me, I have been raggin' his arse to wrap that part up. Instead of slaving away at his computer today for example, the guy goes whitewater rafting! Go figure.

So, this is the deal: I would estimate that by the middle of this week, we can have it ready for DL. If not, there will be violence at Bradleyh's house and it won't be eminating from his computer monitor depicting his usual slaughter in a CM game versus myself and Jimmy4Eyes! (You reading this Brad? Gettin you fired up? Good smile.gif )

We are very close to getting it done. Like I said, just a few more hours worth and BaDco will deliver to the world.

Regards,

TeAcH

Good news... Most of the code is done. All that is left is to update some of the messages, do some thorough testing on it, and I'll get an update out there. I'm going to release this first to a few people who have been helpful with some suggestions.

The bad news... teach seems to be disillusioned again, as referenced by his statement of "usual slaughter" going on. Time to dish him another dose of reality (hehehehe).

- Brad

Oh, I'm not disillusioned my fine-feathered friend. Not in the slightest. Your forces continually follow your orders to their deaths. You may be able to fool some to think you win, but you and I know the truth. I think that based on the the mere fact that you coded v1.5 after I told you more violence was in store for you on the CM battlefield indicates your fear of the TeAcH-meister's forces. Get some!

Okay, enough of that. BradleyH and I are near release. We plan on releasing a smaller file to "patch" your current version with the new one so you won't have to DL the whole thing again. Hopefully sometime tomorrow or Wednesday it'll be done. I'll advise.

Regards,

TeAcH