Sdkfz 7/2

There were reports of troops targeting IT being unable to take it out with small arms fire, and a thread or two devoted to that. I however have not seen that problem, and IIRC BTS (ie Madmatt) was unable to recreate it. I could be wrong though about the recreating part.

The only things that can kill it are artillery and small-arms fire. It is invulnerable when it's moving. Some say that the crew cannot be picked off, although others claim they have experience of this happening.

I am trying to find the thread about it, but so far all indications suggest that it has been either lost or deleted. I keep coming up with a single thread with a blacked-out title box. When I look back through the archives, there seems to be a page where several threads are missing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

The only things that can kill it are artillery and small-arms fire. It is invulnerable when it's moving. Some say that the crew cannot be picked off, although others claim they have experience of this happening.

I am trying to find the thread about it, but so far all indications suggest that it has been either lost or deleted. I keep coming up with a single thread with a blacked-out title box. When I look back through the archives, there seems to be a page where several threads are missing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try this:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=018686

I don't feel like sitting here while the search functions runs (make that crawls), but the problem with the flak trucks is not small arms, but HE fire.

Apparently, tanks and things target them with HE, but the target-weapon interaction doesn't work the way it should. Set up a test between several flak trucks and several Shermans. You'll be amazed (dismayed) to see the trucks laughingly hose down the Shermans.

Infantry has no problem destroying them.

There are many threads about the "gamey" use of them in battles versus human opponents.

Thanks Tom W. That's the one. No clear conclusion on this vehicle it sounds like i.e. whether there is a true "problem" and if it gamey or not. The latest RD tourney has excluded it from tournament play interestingly enough. I ask cause I am up against two of these buggers in a Warfare HQ tourney and can't seem to get a piece of them but getting plenty on me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jhdeerslayer:

Thanks Tom W. That's the one. No clear conclusion on this vehicle it sounds like i.e. whether there is a true "problem" and if it gamey or not. The latest RD tourney has excluded it from tournament play interestingly enough. I ask cause I am up against two of these buggers in a Warfare HQ tourney and can't seem to get a piece of them but getting plenty on me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rush them with small arms fire if you can get close enough, otherwise try mortars or arty, they are a Bitch to take out other wise.

-tom w

I have a rather fetching JPEG of a single arty round blowing a pair of them to kingdom come in the St Pierre Eglise airfield scenario (think that's the one).

Still, it gave me a couple of nice barbies to roast an ox over once I took the airfield.

There's at least one thread on them since the crash - I know, for I started that thread!! smile.gif

The problem is as described above, and anyone using those vehicles knowing of the problem is definitely gamey - in fact I'd say he/she's been hanging for at least 2 weeks and stinks to high heaven!