Do Peng challenges really have anything to do with the game?

that means he suspects the thread will be locked...so he is saying "Hi" to his dog before it happens. I think the Peng thread has something to do with challenging each other to games of CM in colorful and articulate ways. Its been here since I have been(probably before) and I'm not completely sure, guess I don't really care smile.gif

ED:spelling errors

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Jagdwyrm ]

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Jagdwyrm ]</p>

On the off chance that you really DON'T know and aren't just trolling (lots of trolls this time of year, ought to be a bounty on them if you ask me), the Peng Challenge Thread, the Mutha Beautiful Thread, the CessPool are (is?) a tradition on this board and was here LONG before there WAS a general board. BTS and MadMatt in particular have decided that we are ... worthwhile and funny, obviously your mileage may vary. Think of us as the exception that proves the rule.

As to the thread being locked, this question has come up ... a FEW times before smile.gif and odds are that MadMatt will read the responses, decide the question has been answered AGAIN and lock this puppy up (no offense Sparky) faster than he can bounce a drunk out the door and into the parking lot.

Oh ... Hi Dad!

Joe

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 6(sic)6:

Sorry if this has been asked be4, i tried search and found nothing but...

to me pengs sound like they should go in the off-topic forum, they have nothing to do with the game. Please tell me if i am wrong. And be gentle smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

*Yawnnnnnn*

*Goes into gentle mode*

I blame Seanacoochiecoo for this.

I mean ok, Peng may be the name that attracts curiousity to these wanabees on the outer boards, But if Seanacoochiecoo hadn't thrown down his gauntlet and started that first ever Peng ChallengeThread then I wouldn't have to forget my manners and say....

6(sic)6: Go play with a bus... and make sure it's in the fast lane.

BTW, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your post is completely OT.

So FECK OFF

Ohhhhh and to keep this post on Topic......

Anyone for a QB?

:D

[Edited because I forgot my manners]

hi mom!

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: YK2 ]</p>

i think peng threads are COMPLETLY off-topic, and i dont want this to turn into a flame war.<hr></blockquote>Well, thanks for you opinion, unsolicited though it was. smile.gif

Good point CM Player, kind of like second hand OT threads huh?

Joe

well then tell me, what DO peng challenges have to do with the game? Jagdwyrm kinda gave me a little clue.<hr></blockquote> The CHALLENGES, you see, are all CHALLENGES to play CM. The taunting and so forth is all about playing CM. BTS likes to keep us in one place so that our taunting and backbiting don't spill over onto the ON topic threads.

We just like to have fun with the game, we're not really serious about wins and losses, we just enjoy the game. Is it off topic? Yeah, probably so, but MadMatt has, on more than one occassion, said that since it's BTS's board they can do with us as they please and they are pleased to keep us here.

If you have a problem with that I suggest you take it up with MadMatt, but the suggestion has been made MANY times before. It really is kind of a tradition thing, we've been here so long and, at times, contribute to the community that they like to keep us around. I might also add that MANY of the regulars are VERY much involved with mods, scenarios, research and CMBB. To my knowledge we have at LEAST 3 guys on the Beta team right now.

So maybe we've earned the right to be a little off topic now and then? And anyway, MadMatt thinks we're funny on occassion.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YK2:

Now that was just Beautiful Joe

*sob*<hr></blockquote>Give us a kiss then luv, never been bussed by The Lady of the Pool smile.gif Opps forgot, your heart belongs to Pawbroon and his spellbinding prose ... ah well.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

We just like to have fun with the game, we're not really serious about wins and losses, we just enjoy the game. <hr></blockquote>

Exactly. And did you see how that dirty cheating Bambi-killer Lars ripped me off to pull off a draw in our blood hamster match? That just burns me up!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Exactly. And did you see how that dirty cheating Bambi-killer Lars ripped me off to pull off a draw in our blood hamster match? That just burns me up!<hr></blockquote>But you had FUN right? Of course Lars learned all he knows about being gamey from my tutelage ... {sniff} I'm just ... so ... PROUD of him.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herder:

I look forward to the time I can participate in a Peng thread and make hollow threats with little chance of backing them up.<hr></blockquote>

Or you could try Antithicess. Sort of a Pepsi to Peng's Coke Classic-newer, better, without all the anti-social behavior tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herder:

I look forward to the time I can participate in a Peng thread and make hollow threats with little chance of backing them up.<hr></blockquote>Ah but you see that's the common misconception. It's believed by many that the games are the thing, but in fact the games are merely the vehicle that allows us to taunt and bluster and bluff. What good is a threat if you can actually follow up on it, it's not a threat in that case but rather an action! No, the hollow threat for us lad. The preening and posturing and strutting are like mothers milk to us. CM is a great game, which is a GOOD thing, because otherwise we'd have to play a lousy game just to get our jabs in.

And yes, I'd certainly suggest and indeed recommend that you go to the Peng Lite thread. We're not anti-social at all, we stay in our little corner and snarl and bicker at one another quite happily and rarely, if ever, venture into what we call The Outer Board. When we do we try to smooth our hair with spittle on the palms and use that extra coat of deodorant in lieu of a shower.

The Peng Challenge Thread is an ... acquired taste.

Joe