Show off, folks: Let's see your picture!

On the heels of the popularity of the "Explain Your Username" thread, I offer something that requires a bit more work, but possibly even more reward...something I've been milling over for several weeks, and just got the go ahead from the BTS staff to start up.

Ok, so we've seen what Charles looks like from the CGW article (and I would've lost a bet that he was a big, gruff, bearded, 50s-something, groghead-looking guy). I say it's time to step up to the plate and share your mug with the forum groupies. These are the folks that you argue with, play against, and rant about, so matching up a face with a (newly explained) username is bound to be a hoot.

In order to participate, you need to put a digital image of yourself on a web server that can be linked to. If you check out this page, it explains the details: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ubbcode.html . If you give it some thought, you're bound to come up with someone you know (or work for) who has a digital camera or scanner that can get you started. And your ISP most likely already gives you some free web space.

No doubt some will not want to give up their online anonymity...fine, nothing to see here. No doubt some will post images that aren't themselves, and that's bound to be fun, too. I would only ask that people only post one photo each, in order to keep the thread somewhat manageable. So if you want to do a fake one, great, but that should be your only shot. Also, if you can keep the photo under 75K, it will help this page to load faster. To reduce an image's size, load it into a graphics program and crop it, and also choose a lower quality when you resave it.

Again, we have permission to do this...it's not a problem for the BBS server because the photos are stored elsewhere...and the OT police shouldn't come a knockin' because I cleared it first (although we better see hair.jpg out here pretty soon, Matt!)

Here we go (guess which one is me):

icon8.jpg

[This message has been edited by Binkie (edited 02-15-2001).]

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never one to be too shy...After 9 years this September of Air Force Firefighting, and still going strong. wink.gif

SittingMe.jpg

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

[This message has been edited by Sgt Schulz (edited 02-15-2001).]

Here is portrait of a griffin:

griffin.gif

You see, I am not very photogenic. wink.gif

BTW, I actually met a fellow CMBO player called CDIC. Requesting permission to put your photo here! biggrin.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 02-15-2001).]

My identification dossier from back in the EAW Jagdgeschwader 11 days.

weiss.jpg

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-15-2001).]

mefishing.jpg

Well I spent my life at Windy Point, Alaska salmon fishing.

Oh it's not the easy life for me, Alaska salmon fishing.

But if the price is not too cheap, we'll pull those nets up from the deep.

And it's twenty hours before I sleep, Alsaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Well Windy Point's an awful place,

It numbs my hands and chills my face.

But though the water's awful cold,

the reds are worth their weight in gold.

And now my story has been told, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska Salmon fishing.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-15-2001).]

That's me, the big red thing with wheels. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

View?u=1304730&a=9683022&p=41061552&Sequence=0&res=high

And no, I'm not 16! I'm 16+11. wink.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-15-2001).]

hey 109, i heard on politically incorrect that fishing is more dangerous a job than being a cop. is that true?

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

mechs.jpg

I'm the one seated in the center. The Marines around me are the best tank mechs on the planet. They kept me rolling as a platoon commander and now that I'm the XO they keep my whole company rolling. This photo was taken at the 2000 Marine Corps Ball. The tanks were added later by one of the mechs.

[This message has been edited by Black Five (edited 02-15-2001).]

Originally posted by Black Five:

[url=http://www.geocities.com/visualquickstart/jeremy/mechs.jpg]

I'm the one seated in the center. The Marines around me are the best tank mechs on the planet. They kept me rolling as a platoon commander and now that I'm the XO they keep my whole company rolling. This photo was taken at the 2000 Marine Corps Ball. The tanks were added later by one of the mechs.

Umm, link doesn't exist.

OK, let's give this a try...

View?u=1531313&a=11595028&p=41068403&Sequence=0

This, of course, is my graduation photo from Hauptamptwaffenspankensnortinschule bis Hamstertruppen Pionieren I.

Post it, Lorak... I'm as much as Squire as C69 or StFink... get on it you fey git!

------------------

"I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory."

"Legal advice is very often divorced from reality in my humble opinion" - BTS

[This message has been edited by Iskander (edited 02-15-2001).]