Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, Play the Peng Challenge For Me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The current batch of byte battles are out of bounds now as I've looked at them and we wouldn't want to be gamey now would we Joe?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I can't believe that you've passed yourself off all this time as an honorable Knight of the CessPool (if an Australian one). Why the rankest, rawest SSN knows better than to play a non-double blind PBEM game. There are, then, only two (2) possibilities:

{secondarily] You are an utter nincompoop who was so stupid that you really didn't think it mattered, OR,

[Primus Stove) You are a filthy cheating swine who would take advantage by unfair means over your fellow Knights!

Now since you are an Australian the weight of evidence would lean HEAVILY to the first (or is it the second ... anyway it's the "STUPID" option). BUT you could be more clever than you look ... wouldn't be too hard actually, and you might be cheating ... in which case the chaps would likely applaud your initiative.

In any case I shall continue our match, UNFAIR though it is and I shall know that I have RIGHT on my side ... and if I lose I'll just blame you anyway.

Joe

{edited to correct my understandably and righteously furiously induced UBB errors.}

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Perhaps I was unclear (you idiots):

I NEED A 1500 PT. BATTLE WITH WHICH TO POUND PENG LIKE A CROOKED STAKE INTO THE GROUND.

Darn, reflexive pronouns always throw them...

ME WANT KILL PENG. ME NEED MAP.

Still, two concepts in a single line, and I was hoping menschie would rise to the occasion...

OOK! That should do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe the lack of response is because you never said PLEASE!!!!

Sheesh.

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I can't believe that you've passed yourself off all this time as an honorable Knight of the CessPool (if an Australian one). Why the rankest, rawest SSN knows better than to play a non-double blind PBEM game. There are, then, only two (2) possibilities:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look Daddyo, this is between Herr CrotchRocket and myself. If I want to play a teensy scenario that my opponent already knows the setup for then that's what I'll do! So what if everyone else tells me it's just a windmill?

Damned challenge-chasers. Worse than lawyers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Look Daddyo, this is between Herr CrotchRocket and myself. If I want to play a teensy scenario that my opponent already knows the setup for then that's what I'll do! So what if everyone else tells me it's just a windmill?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Dalem you idiot! I was talking about the brand new game between Stuka and myself! It wouldn't have been so heinous (sit down Bauhaus) if I had known in advance but NOOOOOOO, Stuka ships the happy news WITH his initial setup. As a Seniour Knight OF HONOR I could not refuse and didn't. I don't know what YOUR problem is ... well ... not THIS problem anyway, we could quote chapter and verse on the rest.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Dalem you idiot! I was talking about the brand new game between Stuka and myself! It wouldn't have been so heinous (sit down Bauhaus) if I had known in advance but NOOOOOOO, Stuka ships the happy news WITH his initial setup. As a Seniour Knight OF HONOR I could not refuse and didn't. I don't know what YOUR problem is ... well ... not THIS problem anyway, we could quote chapter and verse on the rest.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. I see that you're confused again. I'll chalk it up to your being old and let it slide.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Perhaps I was unclear (you idiots):

I NEED A 1500 PT. BATTLE WITH WHICH TO POUND PENG LIKE A CROOKED STAKE INTO THE GROUND.

Darn, reflexive pronouns always throw them...

ME WANT KILL PENG. ME NEED MAP.

Still, two concepts in a single line, and I was hoping menschie would rise to the occasion...

OOK! That should do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gentleworms:

It would seem that MrFour is visibly unhinged after two {2} dos consecutive losses to the AofP. First in a 1500 point mutual murder at dusk festival of pain and woe and secondly in a Devilishly designed Byte{me}Battle created by, well, you know who.

I would strongly urge someone to slap something together - and quickly - before he starts in with some sort of English Lesson regarding subjunctives or declensions or rhetorical devices or god forbid starts ranting about the little thingies (sic 'em bauhaus!) those greasy foreigners with their smelly cooking seem to need to make their words come out of their mouths with non-english sounding sounds. Mmmkay?

Thanks boys, thanks a lot.

Peng

Map is on the way, oh bitter one.

Sheesh, make a guy move to southern southern Kalifornia and doesn't he build up the road rage.

Perhaps you'd care to work off some of that on your old nemesis, MarkyMark

If not, I will catch you after you butcher the bizzare and incompetent.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

If not, I will catch you after you butcher the bizzare and incompetent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what are you saying MrLizard? Are you saying that I am bizzare and incompetent? If you are I will have you know that I am quite competent at being bizzare and therefore I am not entirely incompetent. However, my incompetence at various things has been known to phenominate in some substantially bizzare ways, so if that is what you mean than the bone picking stops here. On the other hand should you be making the claim that my bizzareness is somehow not up to snuff, or indeed that karp live in trees, or if you are once again saying mean things about my dear sweet sainted grey-haired mother whom I deny outright I have ever abused with Barry Manilow recordings played incessantly, then I have no other choice but to lay claim to the Mantle of Mickey and place it deftly (along with the Delft) and lovingly above the fireplace - gas driven as it may be. You sir, have a lot to learn about being civil in a handicapped parking spot - if they even have them in your part of the globe.

And that's all I have to say about that. Harumph!

And by the way MrFour, have I mentioned recently that you have TWO consecutive losses to the AofP? Not that wins and losses matter of course. Just thought I'd mention it.

Peng

Joe........Joe.......Joe

*Shakes head in despair*

I have to wonder about some of you 'murkins, I really do.

First you starve to death over a million german POW's then you utilise your god given right to consistantly fail to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Unrelated incidents? Absolutely.

Point of the POW reference? None. Just thought I'd mention it.

Anyhoos, the point I'm making is that I am offering you a win on a plate. Menschies little byte battle is an absolute walk in the park for the germans, why I've caned OGSF's arse as the jerries and now I'm taking pity on you by giving you the opportunity to get a win under your belt.

No doubt I'll still win but at least youv'e had the opportunity to gain a victory.

Now quit bugg'in me.

Seanachai ya rotten draw string git. Are you going to wallow in your prose or are you getting our tie breaker going. Or do i have to seek out rune to punish us. Truly visions of Hieronymus Bosch, locked in a nether world of non-resolution

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: jd ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jd:

Seanachai ya rotten draw string git. Are you going to wallow in your prose or are you getting our tie breaker going. Or do i have to seek out rune to punish us. Truly visions of Hieronymus Bosch, locked in a nether world of non-resolution

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: jd ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well jdI have a smallish sort of thing that would be just right for breaking the tie. This thing wont end up in a tie. Just askPShaw and Berli. Just ask and it will be on it's way to you.

Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jd:

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: jd ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, Bosch. Now there's a fella that could do the murals on the Cesspool walls.

Haven't seen the Prince of Darkness here in a few days, so maybe we can get Goanna to do us a map? He could even recycle a recent one. Who do we get to buy units, though?

I don't know about you, but I'm simply not up for one of those 'Wise man poking a finger up the fool' battles where some sniggering swine loads down both sides with a bunch of joke units and handicapped troops. For one thing, it's imperative to find someone who hates us both equally for one of those, and I'm a bit vague on our current hatred quotient.

Best policy is to find someone who's beating us both like a gong, and then threaten to not send turns unless they play Solomon with the force allocations.

It's not all that bloody difficult to find an honourable man in the Peng Challenge Thread, but it is difficult to find one who's sense of honour doesn't take a back seat to his sense of nasty humour.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Well jdI have a smallish sort of thing that would be just right for breaking the tie. This thing wont end up in a tie. Just askPShaw and Berli. Just ask and it will be on it's way to you.

Peng<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Bloody Hell, NO! Nothing from Peng! After all this time, I know Peng all too well, and Peng, sir, is Peng.

Anyone but Peng and one of his nightmares.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

The reports of my loss to Dalem have been greatly exagerrated.

Okay, so it was 99-1, so what!?!?! Scores don't matter, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scores that sodding awful matter, lad.

The consensus of opinion has always been that to achieve that imbalance, you have to be shooting a fair percentage of your own troops just to help out your opponent.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

. . . and just let me add that since you are both my plastic drums, it should work out fair.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do it then, Oh Lizard King. 1500 Points between me and the Official Lawyer of the Peng Challenge Thread (the other Law fellow is, well, a different and sodden kettle o' fish), JD.

After four consecutive draws, with never a win or loss on either side during the time we've played each other, we need some sort of...hell, closure, or somefink.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Roight, I'll start then.

"My ole man's a dustman,

'e wears a dustman's 'at,

'e wears cor blimey trousers,

and a something, something, something"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no, it goes:

"My ole man was a dustman,

'e wore a dustman's 'at,

'e wore cor blimey trousers,

Whadya think of that?

Me mum she was a queen

and raised our lot up right

and every Friday without fail

they'd get into a fight

They'd bellow and they'd bicker

they'd cuss till nearly dawn

but when the morning found me Da'

he'd have no trousers on.

On Saturday, they'd bil and coo

like doves or newlyweds

they'd smile throughout the evening time

and then rush off to bed.

On Sunday Mum would go to church

and pray for all our souls

Our Da', at home, would have a few

and tell us all he knows.

He'd tell me: Son there's this to know

the man must wear the pants

but every man must take 'em off

to do the marriage dance.

It's give and take, he'd smile and say

first one and then the other

but I'll kick your worthless little arse

if you say so to your Mother.

My ole man was a dustman

'e wore a dustman's 'at

he taught me what I needed to know

now whadya think o' that?"

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

To hell with you two getting to make the decisions. I have made them for you. Bard you will be guiding your beloved Canadonians in a little grudge match against the Waffen SS. Corporate Counsel will defend.

NOTE: I said, defend jd so try to show a bit of spine this time, won't you.

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Goanna ]