who's got a mac with lots of mods?

Yeah I'm like you I get the frankeez sometimes but luckily I keep a spare set of data folders with me. Fernando's SPWs always mess up my vehicles.

What systems are you running

I've got an imac DV SE 400mhz

256mb. Hopefully this system will play cm2 without many problems. I forget the ati graphics card I have.

My mac has EVERYTHING modded and it runs just fine. If you're getting corrupt files, do you have an art program installed on your mac (aka photoshop) to open the mod files and resave clean? What do you mean by corrupt? Do they show up funky after loading or do they simply refuse to load?

How often have I switched-out mods? Since I make my own mods and load the art for testing as I go, the number of times I've exchanged art could easily go into the DOZENS, and I never had any trouble (knock wood).

Hey Hoop, you may be running into the 16MB limit on the Mac. Check your resource files to see if any of them are near 16MB. When that happens, some of the resources in the new mod don't get added to the file and get left blank. CM then ends up using some other (seemingly random) texture to fill in the hole. If you look at the resource file with ResEdit you will probably see the resources missing.

You can get around this by being careful with hi-res mods when the files are getting big, or you can manually move resources from large files to smaller ones, since it doesn't really matter which file they are in. At that point you will have to be careful modding those same textures again since the mod managers will not know which file they are in.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

What systems are you running

I've got an imac DV SE 400mhz

256mb. Hopefully this system will play cm2 without many problems. I forget the ati graphics card I have.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the same configuration. CM2? I hope so! I'ts gonna be custom upgrade.

--------------

"I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird."

Frank Zappa

I've got most vehicles, all uniforms and I have my own buildings modded (which are a mixture of magua and panzertruppena) because I'm a self proclaimed photoshop "wiz" I mix and match their textures. I use the normandy mod now and have no problems with the terrain textures, now. Just its the odd mod that I add messes everything up but I've got insurance though. (extra data folders)

I created this thread just to see if any mac people have everything modded.

Thanks y'all