CM: B2B order request.......sorry, but I have to ask.

Search came up with no results whatsoever so here I go again: Could BTS please add an order to CM: B2B that is this: "Fire Panzerfaust" I hate it when the people are in range of the tank and they dont use the panzerfaust, even when orderd..second, will there be the option in the unit editor to equip Volkssurm with a single panzerfaust...no rifles?

-Fieldmarshall

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

You have to be inside 2/3 or less of the stated PF range for them to even have a chance to fire.

And why no rifles? Kinda lame for a squad to be in combat with no way to defend themselves. Unless you wanted them armed with something else.

Field, relax my main man!

Simple, altough a good idea a waste of time to code IMO. Usually the inf. do fire their faust when they get the opurtunity too. If the squad is in a state other than "OK" there a smaller chance he will not fire the faust. So if the sqaud is "alerted" or "cautious" he may not fire. I had time where a sqaud with 2 faust fired at a tank 35m away, they were "alerted". Other time a squad with the same qualities and "alerted" did not fire under such circumstance. It's simple as that, my main man!

Look at it this way. You are under fire, there is a tank close by. You have the AT weapon, but enemy troops 60m away are firing at you. The tank is 30m away. Now, you might have the courage to pop your head out take aim and fire. But you also might be afraid of your haed being blown of by a sniper or the enemy troops 60m away, so you decide to hold your fire and keep your head down.

Does that explain it at all??!!

There is also the instance of having your LAST schreck, and trying to make sure it accounts for a kill, which is not easy when under heavy incoming fire. I can see why a unit would be reluctant to fire in such an instance.

I've only had the "hey let's save our fausts for an ice-cream truck or something" incident happen a few times and although it rarely happens, It still chafes me in the most uncomfortable places. I still believe my loss to my girlfriend was caused by this freak occurrence.

Guest PondScum

If you're relying on 'fausts to save yourself from your girlfriend's tanks, you've got bigger problems than just chafing... I recommend Puppchens if you want to win, or Nivea skin cream if you want to lose, but comfortably :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PondScum:

If you're relying on 'fausts to save yourself from your girlfriend's tanks, you've got bigger problems than just chafing... I recommend Puppchens if you want to win, or Nivea skin cream if you want to lose, but comfortably :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah! THAT GAME WAS MINE I TELLS YA!! I digress, I know I should forever hang my head in shame for loosing to her, but she used surprisingly sound tactics. How was I to know she would launch a coordinated-combined arms counter-thrust along my right flank? Let this be a lesson, girls are sneaky. :D I think she's been secretly studying me, watching my every move while pretending to be reading or watching TV. Her little hugs and love pecks whilst I sat in front of the computer were nothing more than a clandestine operation to discover any flaws in my tactics so she could later exploit them. I say again, girls are sneaky.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

Bah! THAT GAME WAS MINE I TELLS YA!! I digress, I know I should forever hang my head in shame for loosing to her, but she used surprisingly sound tactics. How was I to know she would launch a coordinated-combined arms counter-thrust along my right flank? Let this be a lesson, girls are sneaky. :D I think she's been secretly studying me, watching my every move while pretending to be reading or watching TV. Her little hugs and love pecks whilst I sat in front of the computer were nothing more than a clandestine operation to discover any flaws in my tactics so she could later exploit them. I say again, girls are sneaky.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, didn't you know that some womens magazines have new topics?

Page 15: Summer fashion

page 22: the new summer diet!

page 34: new furniture

page 55: problems with your teenage children?

page 67: the Panzergrenadier company on the attack, combined arms for beginners Vol.3

page 83: horoscopes

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

...I know I should forever hang my head in shame for loosing to her...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, once more and we're gonna make you start wearing cosmetics and panty hose. ;)

BTW, ParaBellum, great post!

:D

Michael