A king tiger Vs a Stewart tank , will the alies ever learn

you think after Churcill inventing the tanks in world war 1 that they would at least have sence to develop the idea throw out the intire war { well at least the everything up until d day } the alies ued tiny shermans with no armour and no gun finaly they developed the fire fly but still you would think after the first time they saw a tiger tank theyed have the sence to start building bigge rbetter stronger tanks , ever see kelleys heros the only place you can hit a tiger with a sherman is the ASS ! the shermans gun isnt strong enough to hit any where else and the tigers armour is to thick, recently i was i london checing out the tanks in teh imepial war museum the tigers armour is 3 inces thick at the side they had a cross sectionand i measured it myself !

god know how thick it is at the frount!

lets here what u think? :cool:

Well, need I remind you that the Sherman was more than a match for the Panzer IV, which should be viewed as its co-generationalist. True, panthers eat shermans for lunch, but they were a later design that came out of a much different warL: a war where you did not have to fit the things on seaborne transport, thereby limiting weight and turret ring size.

Also note that the true advantages of the sherman are not apparent on CMBOs scale. If you took 10 panthers on a 100 mile road march, 5 would finish it without mechanical difficulties on a good day. But if you took 10 shermans on the same march, 8 would finish on a bad day. Most of the time all 10 would show up.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Echo:

I nominate Paton for the Rob/1 award.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTF! I think Rob has been out-Robbed.

Rob/1 vs. Paton Returns. Who would win?

:D

(Before you flame me, this is all in good natured fun...) Flame away...

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: Mannheim Tanker ]

Aaw...come on now!!! For Christ's sake!!

The man wants our opinion and most of us starts to make fun of him. :mad:

Granted, he may do well with trying to do a bit more research. And I am well aware of his first posts, but this is getting out of hand. With all of the flaming in his direction I would have thought that I was browsing a FPS board or something of that nature.

At first I was thinking he was a troll, but I am not so sure anymore. I think it is only fair to give him room to fall on his ass a couple of times to see if he figures it out or not. Instead of just pouncing on every mistake he makes.

My 2 cents anyways!

Mr. Winterbottom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

ROTF! I think Rob has been out-Robbed.

Rob/1 vs. Paton Returns. Who would win?

:D

(Before you flame me, this is all in good natured fun...) Flame away...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flame away, hell that's BRILLIANT! ROTFLMAO!

Mannheim Golfcartdriver *is* actually good for somefink ;)tongue.gif

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Back to the topic, P.R. I think the whole goal of the allies was mass production. There was no question that the U.S. industry (in particular) could outpace German industry. In mass production lines, it is easier to keep building the same tank over and over than to retool.

Oh, and the rest of you -- bugger off. Yes, his original posts were bothersome, but this is a decent enough question the man is trying to ask. Give him a break.

My $0.02 worth.

MrSpkr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

At first I was thinking he was a troll, but I am not so sure anymore. I think it is only fair to give him room to fall on his ass a couple of times to see if he figures it out or not.

Mr. Winterbottom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This *is* a couple of times. ;):D

First he tells us that he can edit the unit stats, then he tells us that the Shermans can't penetrated German tanks from the front. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Back to the topic, P.R. I think the whole goal of the allies was mass production. There was no question that the U.S. industry (in particular) could outpace German industry. In mass production lines, it is easier to keep building the same tank over and over than to retool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most definately. The saying sometimes went, Yeah it took 5 Shermans to out manuever and take out 1 Panther, but with the mass production of Shermans, there was always another one waiting for ya back at HQ. In other words, "get knocked out all ya want, we'll make more." (Play on Doritos commericals.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>[qb]Oh, and the rest of you -- bugger off. Yes, his original posts were bothersome, but this is a decent enough question the man is trying to ask. Give him a break.[/qb<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming from you MrSpkr, I'm shocked! LOL! Anyway, it's hard not to rap on some poor smuck who doesn't have a clue to what he's talking about, yet then doesn't listen to reason or to people who actually know.

I can't say I subscribe to the idea of getting your cheap thrills and laughs out of somebody who seemingly is trying so hard to reach out and engage in the exchange of ideas. It just baffles me completely.

And max, yes he *was* a pain in the ass in his first posts. And yes, I have to confess I did have a good laugh out of it.

But this "good natured" flaming should be well below anybodys standards. Give him some breathing room I say.

Next thing you know, I will be up for the Nobel peace prize. ;)

Mr.Winterbottom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Back to the topic, P.R. I think the whole goal of the allies was mass production. There was no question that the U.S. industry (in particular) could outpace German industry. In mass production lines, it is easier to keep building the same tank over and over than to retool.

Oh, and the rest of you -- bugger off. Yes, his original posts were bothersome, but this is a decent enough question the man is trying to ask. Give him a break.

My $0.02 worth.

MrSpkr<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point regarding the retooling of the factories. It's curious how today's American doctrine of quality over quantity contrasts with the doctrine it followed in WWII.

As far as buggering off: Hehe...as I said, it's all in good fun and not meant to be mean spirited (at least in my case). You guys need to lighten up; we're making fun of his spelling, not his manhood for crying out loud. Everyone take a breath and make a quick common sense check ;)

Now, get back in the FAQ thread where you belong, MrSpkr! tongue.gif

Paton,

Your are correct in the fact that once seeing a Tiger tank the Allies really started to develop a counter. The Pershing comes to mind, although its specs were laid down before the battles in Africa.

The question you ask is one of engineering philosophy. First, to build a tank or a car, or anything, you need to freeze a design at a certain point. Once this happens, the machines that will make the parts are built and after that mass-production can take place. That is what the Allies did consistantly.

Now the Germans were constantly seeking the counter for the hordes of tanks, especially on the East Front, which really drove their tank design. By consistantly changing their designs they were unable to produce as many tanks.

The Allies had inferior tanks in general, but by having a set production design you could produce enough new tanks, spare parts, etc. that it didn't matter.

Not that I'd like to take a Ronson into battle mind you. ;)

Another point to keep in mind, Paton, is the element of tactics. Rather than developing an Ubertank of their own, in many cases the Allies tended use many cheap tank destroyers. By adjusting their tactics, they didn't necessarily have to go "toe-to-toe" with the Tigers. Simply outflank or ambush them as they go by with a group of TD's and your problem is solved!

You guys need to lighten up; we're making fun of his spelling, not his manhood for crying out loud. Everyone take a breath and make a quick common sense check ;)

Now, get back in the FAQ thread where you belong, MrSpkr! tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok.. So imagine that you have something you wonder about or want to say. And all the answers you get back is making fun of your spelling. Now how can you read that as "we are only making fun of his spelling"? In my opinion that goes well beyond that.

Sounds like respect or fun?

I know you will not hear me laughing.

Mr.Winterbottom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

And all the answers you get back is making fun of your spelling. Now how can you read that as "we are only making fun of his spelling"? In my opinion that goes well beyond that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm...several people, including myself, did respond to his question. I poked a little fun at him too, but I hardly think it's worth all of your tears. I really don't care if you laugh Mr. Winterbottom, because you are either having a bad day or are simply a humorless wet blanket. Good day.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Spelling (how ironic is THAT!? LOL!)

"The first time a stripper sits in my lap with a Marine Corps anchor on her butt is the day I swear off women forever..." - Babra

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: Mannheim Tanker ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to laugh at that signature line...Babra must have never been in an Oceanside, CA stip club. In a town with 32,000 Camp Pendleton Marines for neighbors, there must be a hundred ball-and-anchor tattooed butts. Some of them are even female!

Enough guys !

We don't know how old Paton Returns is ??

He may be only a puppy......

So I'm going to give him a break, I was a bit short with him when I first answered his first post..His banter is okay, It's only his

spelling :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

I had to laugh at that signature line...Babra must have never been in an Oceanside, CA stip club. In a town with 32,000 Camp Pendleton Marines for neighbors, there must be a hundred ball-and-anchor tattooed butts. Some of them are even female!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh. But can we be positive that the anchor in question is a tattoo. I imagine that a woman sitting on your lap with several hundred pounds of steel hanging from her read would be quite painful. More so if she was quite attractive.