ASL 2 CM

Sometimes the military really throws me a curve. Just got back from a 30 day trip to find the ASL 2 CM page has gone away. Now I know this is not a hit on BTS but one of the big reasons I picked up this game was the ASL 2 CM option.

I have read all the posts on this subject and understand why the site was closed. Just wish the guy would have given us a chance to get the information before he closed the site down.

Could those people with the latest sceniors and maps please provide me a copy or the web page of where it has surfurced since it went away.

I am ready for the flame on having uncopyrighted products but I really like ASL and CM and the option to combine my two best WW2 activities is what i want let the lawyers take me to court while I enjoy the best of both worlds.

V/R SFC Schultz, 2-504th PIR

Just finished going over the original tred about the site closing down and asking everyone to help me out as the original response from Michael was all I got. I hope this is not a case of those that have it not sharing with those that where unlucky to not get it before it went away. I have spent a lot of time and money to get a lot of out of print ASL material but that was on paper. The said thing about this hobby is that once your computer no longer accepts it or you dont have it on electronic form in one version or another your just **** out of luck. I am use to be ****ed on in my job but was hoping for a better turn out from my request.

Thank either way, it is late and I just had to get this off my chest 12 hour work day followed by only one response followed by 2 hours of email and back to work at 0400 does that sometimes

Later, Earl

SFC Schultz, 2-504th PIR, PAC Supv

That V/R means "very respectfully" or something like that.

Hey SFC Schultz;

Take a chill dude, that site was very popular and I'm sure someone else will pick up on the same material of the likes.

That was my favorite scenario site too.

I feel your pain.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

[This message has been edited by DEF BUNGIS (edited 02-21-2001).]

Guest MantaRay

I have about 60 of them, no idea if there is more or not, but will be putting them up. I may have to put in words such as "based" and inspired by", and then Hasbro will not have any viable legal arguement. Plus I won't care anyway, as if they do find a loop-hole I will just move them. The Net is a big place. I am surprised the previous guy didn't just add those words to the site.

Oh well, give me a few days as I just moved the site anyway.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

New Site of the PLA:Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

Manta,

Michael and someboy else sent me maps as well as some scenarioes (I don't have PBEM 3 though) I am happy to sort the files out and send them to you cause I mix most old TFBGoWW2TB with regular CM scenarioes.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who sent files and request them. I am so sorry I am busy with work, regular CM pbeming, new PC and re-install LinuxPPC on my PB.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

I think I've 90% of the converted scens (80 of'em) that were there, all the maps, and I was crafty enough to prefix all my scens files with ASL_ so finding'em is't a prob smile.gif I only have PbeMpack v2 though.

I don't care with Hasblo, so I can send a file to anybody that needs it, but it'll be simpler if the file can just be hosted somewhere... Any proposition ?

Guest MantaRay

Actually, if you have 80 of them, if you could email them to me, that would be great. I have never played ASL or any board game like it, so I have no concerns with Hasbro, nor MMP. Plus, I didnt convert them, and will remove any reference to who did as a precaution.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

New Site of the PLA:Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

Count me in on the ASL bandwagon. Incidentally, are there resources available for the non-advanced SL. I cut my teeth on SL, but never had the opportunity to buy the revised Advanced stuff.

Verily, attacking the Dzerhizinsky(sp?) Tractor Works for the first time was an epiphany for me. It soidified my love for wargames forever!

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Originally posted by MantaRay:

Actually, if you have 80 of them, if you could email them to me, that would be great.

Manta: could you post a message here once the scenarios are ready for download. Thank you very much for putting the package together smile.gif

Originally posted by Freak:

Well...Earl_ASL_CM...I sent you 2 .zips full of stuff but it bounced. Your hotmail acount was to full. Let me know what you want to do.

Freak

Hey Freak... if you send me the zips of stuff, I'll post them on my web site for people to DL..... that is until I get a letter from Hasbro or something. If you send them to me I'll post them... and let everyone in this thread know the URL.

Scott

Well, I too cut my teeth on the original SL, and I actually played a bit of ASL. It seemed to lose a lot of "character" in its final configuration.

I was hunting through my stuff after all the discussion about SL here and I find to my chagrin that I must have thrown out my boxes for the two copies of the original SL I had.

I have found images of the box on the internet, but the one thing that got me into wargaming was the BACK of the SL box - the line drawings of the three "leaders" and the story about the men laying dead in the street - can anyone scan the back of the SL box and email it to me? I can barely remember what it looks like and it's been driving me nuts!

I have all my SL stuff, but the only BOX I have is a heavily duct-taped Cross of Iron box in which I store my map-boards.

As for a new web-site devoted to these gems, I think that is a great idea, and with a little for-sight and thought you should have no troubles. Squad Leader is a great game and we should not be deprived of having our favorite scenarios converted into the greatest computer wargame ever!

Some one ought to really take the time to get all this stuff (maps and scenarios) where us grognards can get our greedy little reminiscent hands on them. I vote for a new ASL site!

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

[This message has been edited by Panzer Leader (edited 02-21-2001).]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well, I too cut my teeth on the original SL, and I actually played a bit of ASL. It seemed to lose a lot of "character" in its final configuration.

I was hunting through my stuff after all the discussion about SL here and I find to my chagrin that I must have thrown out my boxes for the two copies of the original SL I had.

I have found images of the box on the internet, but the one thing that got me into wargaming was the BACK of the SL box - the line drawings of the three "leaders" and the story about the men laying dead in the street - can anyone scan the back of the SL box and email it to me? I can barely remember what it looks like and it's been driving me nuts!

I can do that for ya, but I'll have to bring the box in to work to scan it. Did you want the three expansions too? (Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom, GI Anvil of Victory)I hope they scan OK, my boxes are in good condition, just a little faded.

------------------

"I have slipped the

surly bonds of earth...."

There was another thread on this where Mad Matt did post some precautionary "hints"; BTS was originally slated to make CM the "official" computer translation of ASL. I'm still a bit uneasy talking about the conversions here (which hasn't stopped me), so hopefully we can get a new site going and perhaps move the conversation out of BTS' back yard.

As for the boxes - very generous of you to offer. If you have the time to do all of them, go ahead (only the backs are necessary as the fronts of the boxes are easily found on the internet), but all I am really curious to see is the back of the SL box. A buddy in CA has an extra box he is going to send me, but that could take months before he even finds it.

Much appreciated; and thanks in advance. I only accept your offer in the hopes it won't get you in trouble with your boss. If, however, you ARE the boss, then I guess there is no trouble?

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 02-21-2001).]

Guest birdgunner

Hello everyone...

Being new to the game, I have been scanning all the sites that I could find and downloading any scenario I could find.

I happened to get to afore mentioned sight days before it went off line and happen to have PBEM pack 3 with 225 files and AllASL2CM Scenarios with 95 files. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to get the maps. Willing to offer help if I can. So if anyone interested let me know...

------------------

So many Battles and so little Time... Sleep!!! Who needs Sleep!