Where is he going?

Where is Madmatt going Cuba? Grenada? Barbados? WHO CARES?! Anyway, someone a couple of weeks ago said once baldy got back that the CM2 beta demo would be released, I am just looking ofr comfirmation on that...

-niles smile.gif

Sorry... no BETA Demos this time around. Once CMB2B is released a Demo will be available for download sometime around Christmas at the earliest... You'll just have to endure the holiday season waiting like the rest of the children (and a little smiley just in case the humor isn't on-target). smile.gif

Our only hope for the Bald-One™ is that his entertainment is achieved with the "half-naked chick" and not the Cabana Boy.

The Demo will obviously be available before people start receiving CMB2B (it will take them a bit of time to get everything printed and shipped). The Demo will be based on the Gold code (and created after it), so the "released" statement refers to CMB2B "goin' Gold" (its releasable form).

The Christmas "guesstimate" is extremely rough and there could be delays preventing even that time frame.

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

I hadn't actually expected to see a CM2 demo, which would be okay by me. They've as good as got my money already. The only thing a demo could do for me now is convince me to NOT buy the thing! And any time they put into building a demo will be that much less time they're putting into the game itself. I'd prefer to see the game in Oct. and the demo in Nov., instead of the other way 'round.

MadMatt on a week-long island vacation... do you suspect this little computer game/internet sales thing has been a profiable enterprise?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barticus:

IIRC, and my memory isn't the best, Steve had specifically said there WASN'T going to be a demo this time 'round.

Bart<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it was Matt that said there were no plans for a beta demo at this time.

In the thread about how computer game magazines suck, Steve implied there would be a demo for CM2. The conclusion I have come to is that there will be a gold demo released about the same time CM2 is released, but there will be no beta demo.

BTS most probably released the CM1 Beta demos because they were dealing with an unknown commodity back then. Like a blind man uses his white cane, the demos were useful to discover who was out there and who'd be interested.

CM2 has that info, a demo for that would only be used for promotion among newbies, and BTS won't have to worry about them til after sales to the faithful start to slow.

Here is one reason why I think they will release a demo:

Computer Games Magazine Demo CD.

BTS obviously wants to increase their sales (as I'm sure they will) and releasing a Demo is a tried and true way to do it. However, I agree that a "beta demo" is out of the question. They know what they got, and they know it is a success, now it is just a matter of letting the rest of the world know. Hence, magazine articles, Demo's, etc.

More Power to BTS! I hope they sella million copies! I hope they turn the humble wargame industry on its side, as they rightfully should. There is no doubt that this game is revolutionary, but in comparison to the number of people who are interested in wargames, their following is fairly small.