I stood in line all night for CM2, and all I got was this lousy Peng Challenge TShirt

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"THE PENG THREAD DIES FROM LACK OF INTEREST"

or is that:

" ...From Lack of Wit?"

OR:

" ...From a Preponderance of Uninteresting Lackwits?"

OR perhaps:

"The Peng Thread Died a Really Long Time Ago ,it Just Took a Pack of Really, Horribly Stupid, Foul, Worthless, Dimwitted, Unoriginal, Potty-obsessed, Thingy-minded, Boring, Lots-of-Words-Without-Content Filled, Piles of Canine Entrails to Finally Bury It?"

Yes, that seems more like it. That last one.

How I have longed for this day. RIP Thread of Threads. Sorry you had to go this way, but gone is better than not.

I like Lawyer's Hi-Res bug thread better.

I'm back!

After a 2 day sojourn between computer shop and home, the cause of my ISP unrecognisability has been determined to be... 'Don't know'

Wankers at said shop claim I had created my old PC to be the host of my little network..ergo my shiney new Athlon was trying to connect though the old (disconnected) modem. Bollocks to that!

I may not know much but I do know what I've done and not done. HGumph!

Anyhoos, turns will recommence when I am drunk enough.

Toodles.

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

[QB"The Peng Thread Died a Really Long Time Ago ,it Just Took a Pack of Really, Horribly Stupid, Foul, Worthless, Dimwitted, Unoriginal, Potty-obsessed, Thingy-minded, Boring, Lots-of-Words-Without-Content Filled, Piles of Canine Entrails to Finally Bury It?"[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only a flesh wound...

Ahhh, I'm back. Was out a bit late inspecting the bottoms of shot glasses last night, and today I was forced to purchase a new gun. Such are the trials that try mens' souls.

Since most of what I drank last night was less than memorable, someone please help me. A few months ago I treated myself and a friend to a celebratory libation which consisted of me ordering "something very expensive" as I recall (showing off, you see). The waiter commenced to bring us two glasses filled to the brim with something wonderful - it was a Scotch of some kind and it was like drinking liquid smoke. I believe it started with an "L" and then sounded like someone coughing up a lung.

Although if I fell face down in an old peat bog I'd probably taste the same thing and cry 'foul', from the glass it was something worth repeating.

What the hell did I drink?

Could well have been Laphroaig.

on a recent visit to my hometown, I spent a night sampling a few of the Best Malts, Laphroaig was first on the list to be tried. I sat looking at my glass for a few minutes, gave the golden contents a *sniff* then a little sip.. Ohhh not bad I thought, so I knocked it back in one,,

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big mistake. Even though I am Scottish I never drink Whisky let alone 20yr old malts, I almost gave up there and then, but a little gentle coaxing from my Bro led me on to the next one.

Balblair, this time a 16yr old single malt, hmmmmmmm not bad, not quite as peaty as the Laphroaig, but still not to my likeing.

The third Lagavulin, another Arghhhhhhhhhhhh sheesh I can still taste it now,

Then I tried Ardbeg a 17yr old single Islay Malt, now this was nice, yep, as long as I just sipped it slowly I could quite happily sit drinking it all night, Now like I said, I am not a whisky drinker so I suspect some of you guys would probably love the Laphroiag or Lagavulin, don't let me put you off trying those, but in my opinion Ardbeg was the winner, that said, I will not be turning to whisky, apart from the expense, (cost around five pounds a glass for the samples I tried) but those were aged and you can buy a younger version of the same for around 20 pounds a bottle.

Wine is more my kinda drink , especially the French and German variety so I will stick to those, at least I know I wont wake up next day feeling like I have been dragged through a forest backwards on horseback.

It took me at least another day before I could feel my feet under me after sampling those malts.

Still it sure was an experience, and I am glad I didn't give up after that first drink.

So the moral of this little story is....

If you don't drink whisky, then tread carefully before trying any of these, slow is best, that way you might wake up next day slightly more alive than I did.

:eek:

Rofllllllllll calm down love, no need for the divorce lawyers yet, I have tried a few German wines, which were lovely, but as you know I tend to stick to the French ones, you can never go wrong with French wines, especially when you have your very own conniesuer..... :D did I spell that right?>

Nope rofllllll ....

Connaisseur

Thanks smile.gif

[ 06-10-2001: Message edited by: YK2 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

German wine?!!

Sheesh...

German wine.

Why not English cooks?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a hot day, nothing beats a nice German white wine... much better than that nasty French stuff. Now for reds, French is definitely the way to go.

Oh, and remember, the Germans do wine much better than the French do beer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

On a hot day, nothing beats a nice German white wine...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan, try to win those 6 french bottles and I'll make them white.

Then we'll see aftewards...

Trust me.

If not ask Emma.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Sheesh...

German wine.

Why not English cooks?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe (and Berli can confirm this) that the definition of Hell on Earth is German police, English cooks, French mechanics, Hollywood culture and Italian punctuality. You may substitute ANY of the above with "married with children".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YnotK2:

Could well have been Laphroaig.

-snip- of YNotK2's roundabout cry for help. A tear-jerking rollercoaster of gutter-sleeping, malt-swilling excess, whose acts of depravity and rapine are only given pause by the merciful blot of dark and random unconsciousness...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was beautiful, ma'am, thank you. I will take your advice.

[QB]

On a hot day, nothing beats a nice German white wine... much better than that nasty French stuff.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although a wine drinker myself, I do NOT claim for a single second to know much about any of them, but I can tell you that I have bought some white wines in the past both French and German that were indeed nothing to write home about.

That said, so far, every single glass of wine I have had in Paris (mostly white) is heaven on earth.

My favorite has got to be Gewurztaminer, my first sip of this wine was indeed something to "write home about" I almost slid off my chair with pleasure, and Marcel wasn't sitting that close to me so I KNOW it wasn't his doing. ;)

Berli,it sounds like you enjoy a nice glass of wine, Red or White, I really hope you win those bottles, It would be interesting to see if you still thought French Wine was Nasty after trying those.

Now enough about BOOZE where has all the VENOM gone this is unbelievable..

A far cry from the Usual Peng Threads..

Where is our HOST?

Where is Croda?

Where is Joe Shaw?

Where is Seanacoochiecoo,and Meeks, and Lorak, and yak, yak, yackity yak.......

PENG.... OH DEAREST SWEET LOVELY PENG....

Translated means.... is this REALLY THE END.

*BOO HOO*

Oh well... back to the drawing board.

This thread is too stupid to know it is dead anyway so who are we kidding?

Thread or no thread, PeterNZer, The French, Mark IV, mensch - all of you worthless cretins owe me files. Send them to me now.

Oh, and I will be posting the results of the battles in a thread with the words Peng and Challenge in it, whether you dislike it or hate it. The funniest thing so far in this incarnation was the OGSF exclamation at the top. Sack it tae me Jimmy. No, it only seems to work when he writes it.

Aitken you swine: (Remeberthatblastfromthepast? I do, and so does Smiley McAuslan whoever he is))

We'll have to wait a bit with the unpleasantries as a few of my opponents fail to recognize the unrefutable fact that they are dead and so we will have to continue exchanging turns for a bit. Hope you mind and that you will be forced to work in DOS from now on.

All right you bums, let's just drop this half-hearted attempt at wit from the witlacks. So, which of you ninnies want to play me in Dame Achin's (no offense to any coquettes) latest and greatest out there? I will be the Grrrrmans of course.

Oh, and BTW, can we disallow Inslander from ever starting another thread? I blame him and his lack of dutiful caretaking for this atricity and my sole desire now (besides seeing all of you flayed alive) is for someone to reach the magic 300th post so this atrocity can finally be given the lethal injection.

[ 06-10-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

My favorite has got to be Gewurztaminer, my first sip of this wine was indeed something to "write home about" I almost slid off my chair with pleasure, and Marcel wasn't sitting that close to me so I KNOW it wasn't his doing. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gewurztaminer... now that sounds like a French wine :D

Gewurztaminer... now that sounds like a French wine :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have been taught by chance that Alsace and Lorraine had been considered French for quite some time...