All people on the board

What r u people doing up at this ungodly hour. I see post going up right around five in the morning. Now I know I'm weird and can't sleep right, but is everyone like that? We should look into the effects of CM on normal sleep patterns. There could be something scientific.

------------------

"Free your mind!"

It is a wonderful experience Matt. I've done it a few time but now I forget how to make it happen. I lost track of it's secret ways right around August.......Hey wait a minute I got CM in August!!!!! I knew there was a connection.

------------------

"Free your mind!"

well other side of the planet other time zones... when you see my postings starting at 20:00 you know Im up late. smile.gif

--------

kesselbanner.jpg

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 11-01-2000).]

Whilst the world spins upon its axis and continues to revolve around the sun it means that when it is daylight in one side of the world the other side will be plunged into darkness (both of varying degrees of light or dark, dependant upon relative position).

This means that as stated before it may be 5am where you are but it can be anytime in other areas of the world.

I hope this helps explain the problem...

Please don't flame me it is just a joke. =)

------------------

Well, I thought if I owned the bullet with my name on it I wouldn't get shot, because I'm not going to shoot myself.

Mores the pity....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smeltz:

What r u people doing up at this ungodly hour. I see post going up right around five in the morning. Now I know I'm weird and can't sleep right, but is everyone like that? We should look into the effects of CM on normal sleep patterns. There could be something scientific.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to take gashford's explanation a bit further!

Yep, something scientific alright:

Smeltz, the world is round, with humanity spread all around this round ball (well the dry bits anyway). What's better is that this round ball rotates.

Also then, there's the sun which is positioned far from the world!

Because of this, and the World's rotation, light only falls on a portion of the world for only a certain period every 24 hours (this is called day and night).

Clear so far?

Good!

Now, some of humanity play games. More importantly, some of humanity play CMBO!

So given that humanity is distributed all around this globe, and that its light only on parts of the revolving world. We have situations where people are awake in one part of the world because it's daytime (unless of course they are on night shift) and asleep in other parts because it's night (except for you)!

So, the early posts might be from people from other countries who are posting during their daytime.

For example, I am in Australia. The local time is now 8.43pm! check the local USA time which is recorded when I post this message!

Mace (crikey, I should have been a science teacher)!

btw Kwazydog - When you're finished with AussieSmith any chance of a PBEM?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

More importantly, some of humanity play CMBO!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would strongly dispute this juxtaposition.

And Bruno: no it isn't. Your imperialistic attempt to grap the hold of time is worthy only of an ignorant worshipper of dead, white and male writers, who never did anything for us anyway. Greenwich Mean Time rules okay, and it says 12:21pm now. Take this and troll off.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-02-2000).]

Ah ha! You see, your yet another victim of aggressionist expansionistic idolatry of modern aggrieved minority revisionist attempts to subvert the true time and space continuum, who's aim is to lead us all to utter anarchy. Plainly, Eastern Standard Time is clearly the most reliable and dependable. It is precisely 07:46:00 am. Now, shake a leg and be off with you man!

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 11-02-2000).]

Time itself is a revisionist concept devised by the ruling Plutocracy as a way to force the working classes to follow their arbitrary and brutal production scheduals in order to satisfy their bottomless greed and lust for power. tongue.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

You are clearly all a bunch of temporal relativists. I have a source here which states that GMT is 1.3 times more accurate than EST. Moreover, I note that CM does not attempt to model this at all. Please patch this immediately.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

You are clearly all a bunch of temporal relativists. I have a source here which states that GMT is 1.3 times more accurate than EST. Moreover, I note that CM does not attempt to model this at all. Please patch this immediately.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Polish time, we all know that US time is much better.

Hiram, I think it was 'BTS please fix or do somefink.' Origin Gaz_NZ aka Capt.Stransky aka The_Kiwi_Moron who left us in a huff.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-02-2000).]

I'd like to take the time to thank all of you for explaining the world, time and other theories I've been hearing about lately. I will say that I'm glad that CM has such a world wide appeal. As far as the theories about the world being round and time zones I am stunned at these ideas. I haven't seen time move yet for one. And the world can't be round because in CM it has hills but is defiantly flat! I'm sure that if the world was round the expert designers of CM would have incorporated that into the game. Also as far as time moving, hah! It's still August 23 2000. If time moved then I couldn't still be playing CM because I would have had to go to work by now. So I'm glad that I could dispel these rumors for you so all can continue playing CM without distractions of these "scientific" ideas.

------------------

"Free your mind!"