Any good methods on cheating? I have exams tommorrow.

Guest Kinch

if its too late to study ...

try a bribe ...

if you dont have enough money try sex ...

if your teachers are not young females ...

see u should have studied earlier.

I never had much of an aptitude for languages, and I never much cared for German, which meant that I encountered German exams with dread. To alleviate my fears, I once brought in a 1/72 scale model aircraft as a mascot, and hid a few 'hints' on very small pieces of rolled up paper hidden in the intakes.

Unfortunately, I seemed to remember what was on the paper without having to fish them out of the Jaguar.

NTM

Study. Cheating is for dirtbags. If it's too late to study, fail and take your lumps. Personal responsibility!!!!!!

Wait a minute...Knowing you had a test tomorrow and were not up to speed, you could have studied, but instead you went and got drunk???!!! I shake my head...

Mark IV, I don't think the Marine Corps would be interested in somebody who cheats. Honor may be an anochronistic trait everywhere else, but it is still very real in the Corps.

Zamo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

Honor may be an anochronistic trait everywhere else, but it is still very real in the Corps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some require moral "reinforcement". From what I've seen of the Corps they're very good at that. The goners weed themselves out.

Well, when I was a young lad and got pissed instead of studying, I usually tried writing small on the inside of my forearm with a pen. Not great if you are sweaty, but particularly good in math for symbols, equations.

If you have a smart and unethical partner, and you are lucky enough to have a multiple choice question test, you could always go with the cough and signal method.

However, since you obviously have the bottle flu, why not just get mum or dad to excuse you from school today and have another go at studying?

Captain, now I'm not saying that cheating is clever or funny. But if you are really desperate a guy I know types out his notes in word size 12 and then photocopies them twice at 50% reduction which gets them small enough to hide under the palm of a hand but still large enough to read (apparantly). Still, by the time you've done all that you'll probably find you can recall the notes anyway. Plus you won't get the same warm, fuzzy feeling if you don't pass the exam all by yourself. Try to think of the embarressment if you get busted redface.gifredface.gif

So try to avoid it if you can , an honest pass beats a dishonest credit anyday....

Why is there this UNIVERSAL 'I can't do mathematics' winge winge moan moan. Jeezzz!

It's an elegant and beatutiful way of abstracting and describing the universe in which you exist.

The best you can offer is a pathetic attempt to deceive others, and more importantly, yourself. What an intellect!

------------------

And if ever we English had reason to bless

Any arm save our mothers', that arm is Brown Bess!

[This message has been edited by KiloIndiaAlpha (edited 06-20-2000).]

Capt, you really sound like you're going down the wrong path in life. STOP! Turn yourself around. I know it seems like forever until you'll be in your 30's with a job and responsibility but believe me it will happen very quickly! Decisions you make now will have big repercussions later. I do feel bad for you, though. If I had CM when I was your age I'd probably not be where I am today!

West Point Honor Code. Used at the other service academies as well as the Citadel and the Virginia Military Institute. This code has served me well. The state schools actually do a better job enforcing the code these days since expulsion from a federal academy requires congressional approval and they tend to want to try to rehabilitate offenders because of the money already spent on them. A few years ago they used to talk about $100k for each West Pointer from matriculation to graduation. If a cadet is dismissed after 3 years then that's $75k down the drain. The state schools don't have that problem. They don't have touchy-feely seminars for the morally weak to tell everybody why they sacrificed their honor for personal gain.

A question for Manieri. I don't mean to offend, but have you ever been screened for Attention Deficit Disorder? A lot of your behavior on the forum indicates that you might have this problem. My stepdaughter has ADD and she demonstrates similar behavior: inability to postpone immediate pleasure for long-term gain (going out drinking when studying is called for), impatience, inability to concentrate, changing from one activity to another quickly (put a video tape in the machine and 10 minutes later the video is running and she's already gone somewhere to do something else). I see your behavior as very impulsive. Your repetitive requests for release date info, asking BTS if they got your email, and even starting this thread all point to impulsivity. Again I do not write this to insult you, but to let you know how you come across (at least to me) so that maybe you can reconsider or modify this behavior.

Additionally, it bugs me that you are more interested in checking the block and cheating than actually learning anything, which is what college/university is for, not to just get a piece of paper to qualify you to earn more money.

"you may be whatever you resolve to be." Thomas "stonewall" Jackson

If you resolve to be a cheater, then so be it...

I have to agree with a lot of the guys here, Captain. There's another side to cheating that hasn't been addressed here. It can lead to a slippery slope that is tough to climb back up. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and am assuming that this is the first time that you are considering cheating. Once you cross that line and (possibly) get away with it, it will be that much more tempting to do it again in the future. The whole argument of personal honor aside (which I heartily agree with, I should point out), cheating will get you in more trouble in the long run because you neglected to learn the material in the first place. For example, you can lie at a job interview about being capable of performing a certain task, and then get the job. Ok, then what happens when your boss asks you to actually perform that task and you have no idea how to? Just some food for thought...