Enough waiting!!! where is TCP/IP

Guest apocalypse66

Guest apocalypse66

How long must we suffer? At least give us a countdown or an update on progress on a regular basis. We purchased a product which was to have included multiplayer support (not pbem or hotseat but the real thing) and we have waited a long time here! What is the delay with it at least give us an accurate time frame. Time of us waiting and now losing interest is coming on fast. BTS hurry!

confused.gif

I prefer to have my opponents kill me slowly. With TCPIP, I would just whimper and die within an hour or so. Oh, and I would never demand anything of BTS because they produce quality products that are relatively bug-free. IMHO of course.

------------------

"If you want battle, come to me!" - Lieutenant Worf

I could really care less about TCP/IP! I know some people are waiting for it, and I know they have thier reasons, but I for one LOVE the PBeM option. I simply do not have the time to sit down and play out a 2 or 3 hour battle (or longer) in one sitting.

This game is THE BEST thing I have spent money on in a looooong time. And BTS is probably the best with customer support that I have seen.

["Time of us waiting and now losing interest is coming on fast. BTS hurry!"]

I do not feel this way at all, so PLEASE state your personal opinions rather than generalizing that the entire customer group is somehow losing interest. (How would that be possible???)

EDIT: By the way Hiram, your post is hilarious!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 09-29-2000).]

Making demands on any company is going to have a very negitive effect. For myself, as much as I want TCP/IP I want it to work bug free. If I have to wait for it so be it. When it arrives I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of CM.

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please recall that when you purchased CM, you were told that TCP/IP support would be included when it's ready. As BTS has stuck to their end of the bargain (ie, TCP/IP support is not ready, so it is not yet in the game), there's really nothing to complain about, is there?

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Guest Big Time Software

TCP/IP support is something that takes a LONG time to do and can not be rushed. This is why we released CM without it (and never said it was to be included initially), otherwise NOBODY would be playing Combat Mission AT ALL right now. That was the choice and I can tell you we would be flamed every day for making everybody wait for this one feature smile.gif

The initial post release period took much more of our time than we expected. The 5 patches that were released took top priority. But for weeks now Charles has been doing nothing but programming TCP/IP code. He is making great progress, but it is not nearly done yet. We plan on making a more comprehensive update on the status next week.

Thanks,

Steve

I will prefer PBEM to TCP/IP, but TCP/IP will be a nice option.

But PBEM is fun because you can plan out the moves and let them run through your head (cue deveilish laughter).

------------------

"War is like the cinema. The best seats are at the back... the front is all flicker."

- Monte Cassino by Sven Hassel