Washington DC Area CM players

hey all-

I caught a reference to some fellow Washington DC area CM junkies here on the forum. I thought I would put a public post up out of sheer curiousity to find out how many Washingtonians there are out there and where in General they live... and lastly if anyone might be interested in a little CM party. I know of at least 2 other cm addicts locally... who else is there?

for my part, I live in Arlington VA (Northern VA and MD counts)

-EridanMan

wow, I must say more than I expected...

Well... all of you. I'm open to ideas about a party/get together. We have Aberdeen not to far away and I hear they have a great armor exhibit. I was also thinking if we could find a place w/enough computer, getting together to play a bunch of double-blind scenarios immediately after we recieve the full game (and therefore before we've been through them all). Each person could play 2 or so games (staggering them works perfectly, 3 people can play 2 games each on 3 different computer and no one gets bored)...

I dunno... just ideas

other issue of course is where...

any other suggestions?

-EridanMan

Bil - like ur new house? when did you move? I thought you liked it down near charlottesville (beautiful little house btw wink.gif)

Ok...

Aberdeen is a definate possibility now

as is a party at someones house.

any volunteers as of right now? preferably someone in a central location and with many computers/power hookups wink.gif

I may also put together either a mailing list or something for the DC chapter of Cm-Philes anonymous wink.gif

any other ideas feel free to post here or mail me

scott.cragg@erols.com

-EridanMan

Count me in if these grey ole bones can make it there - I'm in Laurel, MD.

One of you local boys in Virginia might have a chance to do us all a favor. There is a wargame store in Chantilley, out by Dulles Airport called, I think, The Game Parlor.

That store is open til 10:00 PM seven days a week, and besides being probably the largest miniatures wargame store in the area, also has tables and playing area for both wargames and other recreational table games, which it also carries.

It also already has a group of computers deployed for those kinds of games. I don't know if they are stand alones or networked together, however I am sure one of you inquisitive souls could find out. Perhaps the store personnel would be interested in putting the Gold Demo on those computers, or some variation thereof. Of course, it would have to be worth their while to do so.

I think that store is also the home base for NOVAG, Northern Virginia Area Gamers... ...or something like that.

However, if we can find something near Aberdeen or at least North (notice the large letter 'n' there smile.gif ) of the Potawmack then I'm all for it!