The REAL frustration of Combat Mission

For me, the most frustrating part of Combat Mission is Steve and Charles. Well, to be exact, my inability to thank them properly. I mean, for most games I wouldn't even think to say thank you. I shelled out for your game, that should do it. But that's not so with CM.

No amount of words can really describe the gratitude I feel, I'm sure everyone feels, at the tremendous effort you guys have poured into the game.

So, I live in Nanaimo, BC, Canada. If you guys ever need anything from my neck of the woods, or need some help with what I do(which happens to be marketing, though, from the sounds of things, BTS has some VERY solid marketing thinking happening), you let me know. Please.

Thank you. smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Fraser

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

-Tyler Durden, "Fight Club"

I guess, you are right, JeffRider!!

well

i never encountered this type of customer support too... heck, most big softwarecompanies would be able to afford it easier, and yet, BTS is all showing how it is done..

so.. same offer for you as JeffRider stated above, but for Austria/Europe biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

Well I would have to include my appreciation and offer of help also. If there would be anything the US Army in Europe can do or get, (Legally), "Broad term in military terms!" just ask! Especially after being in the 1st Armored Division in Germany for 9 years. biggrin.gif

US Army

Schinnen

Limburg

Netherlands

If you need help in Germany, let me know! It´s relly true, this is the best customer support i ever had. ... the best forum i was ever in... aaaaannnd, the best game i ever waited for.

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME REALLY HAPPY!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

Affirmative to that!

Have been a wargamer for over 30 years....have almost everything thats come out...nothing like this!

Playing the game brings a sense of deep satisfaction that at long last...this is the experience for which we have searched.

You deserve prosperity for your efforts

I would also like to thank them as well and I would suggest that if EVERYONE of us who totally enjoys this game was to order just one MORE copy of the game for ourselves, BTS could theoretically DOUBLE their sales over night...

Just a thought from someone who is completely addicted to this game.

-tom w

I would like to thank them also......with a few Panthers at their doorstep, demanding at the point of a gun CM2 thru CM20.!! All jokes aside, Steve and Charles, thank you very much for this gem. Needless to say, you gentlemen now have a huge following.

sniperscope

Mannheim Tanker, My son is now stationed in Mannheim. He is a sgt. and is currently in some type of leadership school. He will hopefully be going to some type of Special Forces Evual. training. At least those are his plans right now. He is a combat medic. I must admit I am very proud of him.

sniperscope

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I would also like to thank them as well and I would suggest that if EVERYONE of us who totally enjoys this game was to order just one MORE copy of the game for ourselves, BTS could theoretically DOUBLE their sales over night...

Just a thought from someone who is completely addicted to this game.

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a better idea! Why don't we all buy a second computer and then buy another copy of CM, then we could double our wasteful spending. rolleyes.gif

I mean I'm a fan of CM as much as the next Forum member, but let's get real. Why would I buy a second copy unless I really had to? I don't think I'm gonna buy 2 copies of Diablo II or Klingon Academy. If my CD gets damaged later on, then yes, I'll re-order, but until then one copy is plenty. I think we'll do more good if we can get just one more person each, by word-of-mouth, to buy a copy.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Guest Big Time Software

Cripes, you guys are going to give us nightmares about our own egos pretty soon smile.gif Seriously, thanks very much for the support. The best way we can thank you is to get the game into your hands. I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of shipping something that I know will truly live up to its expectations. Next week I should finally feel what it is like to do that wink.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of shipping something that I know will truly live up to its expectations. Next week I should finally feel what it is like to do that wink.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next week...Stop for a moment and let that sink in...next week biggrin.gif

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

thomasj: When and where were you (which BN) with the 1AD? I was with 5/77 in Mannheim (duh!) from 92-94.

Steel Tigers!

MT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was with the Division Headquarters G-6, attached to the 141st SIG BN, from 90-98 active duty and 98-99 GS.

SIGNAL!!!!!!! You can talk about us, but not without us! biggrin.gif