Anyone want to test a PBEM Utility?

Fellow CM'rs,

I'm looking for people willing to test a Windows application I'm writing. The app manages CM PBEM games, and is nearing a state where I wouldn't mind making it available to others to use.

Any volunteers willing to test it, please email me (kyleneet@yahoo.com) or post to this thread.

Current features of the app:

-Saves passwords (you don't have to type them in)

-Clearly shows which games need to be processed

-One click gets you into selected game

Possible futures features:

-Automatically emails file back to opponent

-Automatically processes movie only files unattended

-???

Caveat: This app only works if you name your email files ending with a 2 or 3 digit number which is incremented with every new file.

I need to make a few more tweaks to make it more user friendly, but I expect to have something for people to test in the next 2-3 days.

Thanks,

Kyle

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I've just sent out the app in an email to everyone who volunteered. If you don't receive the email, let me know (I may have screwed up some addresses). Also, its not too late to test this...always looking for more testers.

M. Bates asked:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Excellent! It sounds fantastic, but how did you do this:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Saves passwords (you don't have to type them in)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM is a very well behaved windows app...which I think means it doesn't use directinput, which I think means it accepts standard windows messages. Anyway, my app simply sends mouse clicks and key presses to CM.

Manx:

Definitely looking for hosts, but not just yet. Want to get some more testing on it before too many people get a hold of it. Thanks. Are you interested in testing? Wasn't sure if your post was just an offer to host, or also an offer to test.

CaSCa typed:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If it will keep me from sending the wrong turn, I'll try most anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, the current version doesn't go that far. I have plans to add that functionality, but it probably is a [optimism]couple of weeks[/optimism] away.

-Kyle

I have a friend trying it right now Kman if it it works okay for him I'd like to use it as well as host it on my website as a utility. Let me know if you would.

Johnno from Dogs of War Website http://persweb.direct.ca/johnnocm

Join the D.O.W. website members club and participate in their first tournament starting fittingly on November 11, Rememberance Day.