New Recruit here

Hello, want to introduce myself.

I am a 51 year old vet (101st-1967-68),

am self employed woodworker, and love gaming.

I haven't got the game yet, but its on its way.I have been waiting for a game like this for a long time.

Will I still need the patch, even though I ordered a few days ago?

Look forward much to this game and to this forum.

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Welcome! You won't be sorry. CM is the best wargame I've ever played. BTW, I think they're shipping the patched version of the game.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

Hi Greybeard: Welcome to our collective. Prepare yourself, sleepless nigths, lots of studying, a group of guys on this forum who love the game. New Patch 1.03 due out soon with new goodies added. New sounds, textures, scenarios, operations. We are now in wargame heaven.

sniperscope

Welcome also,

82nd Abn (81-85)--I'm sure you had more excitement with the Screaming Eagles!!

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all with this product.

Did you buy that 101st based game at Normandy? I didn't and read some pretty bad reviews of it.

-----Chris Schall------

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

Hail GreyBeard,

Always good to find another Gone Golder around. I believe v. 1.03 will be around when you get the game (which will be 1.02). Do not apply the patch 1.01! It'll screw the game.

Also, feel free to ask for a pbem game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad Ju Ju:

Welcome! You won't be sorry. CM is the best wargame I've ever played. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck, it's him! biggrin.gif My Bad counterpart. Haven't seen ya in a while Bad!

Hiya Greybeard! I second Bad's quote. Welcome!

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Juju: Haven't been posting much....can't tear myself away from playing. Wife starting to get, um, less understanding.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

Guest SS Peiper

Welcome Greybeard as my brother (sniperscope) said your going to spend have a lot of sleepless nights playing. Good thing your the boss!! smile.gif

SS Peiper

Thanks for the great welcome, I have the demo and have been playing it alot.

Has any of you DL'd Mad Dogs sound and graphic enhancements?

I DL'd them, but wanted some feedback before I install, when I get the game. smile.gif

Very friendly forum, you don't see that very often.

Hey, Airborne, I was in the 82nd right after I got out of jump school, then transfered to 101st.

------------------

GB 101,

Welcome to the CM world.

The MadDog mod's are pretty good. I've installed all of them including the hi-res grass textures. Depending on your system though this might cause things to be too slow. The sound-pack is definitely worth installing in my opinion. If nothing else, I'd highly recommend downloading and installing it.

Mikester.

I use all the Mods myself without a problem. If you have a good sound system I’d use the quieted “exit explosion”. The 1st time I quit the game without using this Mod it sounded like my house blew up.

Thanks Ted, my wife already thinks my games are too loud, huh? How can a game be too loud? smile.gif

Mikester, I have -P2 450, 256 Ram, TNT2ULTRA, Altec Lansing asc 345 speakers with Dolby, sub-woofer.

Hope I don't have anyslow down.

Thanks for info, got to DL that exit sound patch,or my neighbors will think I shot my wife, smile.gif

------------------

Hey Greybread,

If you are looking for a place to get together with other guys and hack it out, you might try taking a look at a gaming club that I run. We recently just started support for Combat Mission (including the demo until you get the game). Mosey on over and check us out. The Combat Mission ranks are still pretty small but I am looking to get allot of guys into the club to flesh it out and provide a really good strong base of gamers with which to play together.

The club I run is called The Grognards PBEM Wargaming Club. The Grognards is a place for gamers to get together and have fun in a competitive environment. We feature an automated database for our ladder support for Combat Mission. Custom Scenarios, Articles, Reviews, Newsletters, Message Board, opponent finder, patches, chat room, and more. We also support other game titles such as SP, WAW, CS, PZC and TOAW. Our automated database is pretty extensive and completely tracks all player gaming records as well as allot of other cool info.

Our URL is http://www.thegrognards.com

I hope to see you there.

And hey if anyone else cares to join and check us out, please feel free and come on over and join the fun.

------------------

Panzer '88' Meyer

Play Combat Mission at The Grognards

http://www.thegrognards.com