Shipping update

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

But still, how some really recent orders went out first is still a bit suspicious. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a conspiracy. Someone (the voices in my head - apologies to whoever brought that up, oh no, those were the voices too!!!) told me that your copy was put at the bottom of the pile, and that every new order will go on top of it. Just to make you feel miserable!!!!

Please note that all smilies on this iMac have taken to guarding the mailbox.

------------------

Andreas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Imperator

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Here's one thing I havn't been able to figure out. My friend and I both live here in Denver. I order the game a year ago in May 1999. He orders game only a couple of weeks ago in May 2000. We both get the game this past Monday. Both packages have ship date (postal mark?) of this past Friday, June 16th. How can this possibly be? That would imply that almost all the orders all shipped out on Friday. No?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered mine at the beginning of June and it arrived on Monday. I figured the shipping went faster than they expected, but I suppose I was just one of the lucky few who accidentally received theirs early.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Well... obviously many of you are still wondering what is up with the USPS. Let me tell you that most of you are making an assumption that your order has already shipped. Only a few orders went out before Friday, some on Saturday, a LOT on Monday, and an even larger batch on Tuesday. There are more to go out on Wednesday, but I think these are all new orders (hard to tell).

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to nit-pick here Steve, but I think we were all under the asumption that the "poster orders" were being processed and shipped last Wednesday and Thursday. With a large amount going out on Friday. So the question is, why did "a LOT (go out) on Monday, and an even larger batch on Tuesday"??

Just wondering why the descrepency. Or was it that during your coffee break the warehouse workers slacked off. tongue.giftongue.gif

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-21-2000).]

BTS, thank you for the update.

The mail should be here within the next hour or two. Hopefully, I will have a nice surprise!

Maximus/OB&G--did you happen to notice when your credit card got charged? Mine was charged on 6/15 and still no game. I wonder if something happened to some orders that were processed on that date? Hmmmm.....

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS

Well, I just couldn't resist. It seems that people that ordered this month got their's on Monday, people that ordered in the last few months yesterday, people that ordered last year not yet. Since I ordered 6 mos ago I should get mine today. Those who ordered last year will have to wait until the end of the week. Well, at least there's logic to it. I feel bad for Europeans who ordered last year! They'll get theirs with CM2!

Sorry, I just had to vent a bit. I'm sure the blame lies with USPS as anyone who can make a game like CM would surely not screwup the shipping process.

All will be forgiven today when my copy comes!

[This message has been edited by DrD (edited 06-21-2000).]

If the fact that some people are receiving the game out of turn galls you, this should eat at you, too.

I received the game in Monday's mail, but have not opened it yet. Looks like it will be Thursday before I actually install and play it.

Before you throw stones, the fact is, I was out of town until 11 p.m. last night, and therefore didn't know I had it. Additionally, I have prior commitments that will keep me busy until midnight or so tonight, then work from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow.

One other note: I pre-ordered last summer, so the arrival of my game on Monday was not out of turn.

------------------

Zackary

Guest Big Time Software

Mikester, Maximus, and others...

I sent our shipping people a HUGE file. It contained every single order we had received, new and old. This allowed our shipping folks to go full bore and do as many as the can on any given day without having to call me up and say, "gee Steve, we are all out of things to do. Do you have any more?" Totally inefficent and costly in terms of time to do things that way.

So somewhere along in the process some orders were shipped out of line. I don't know why, but it doesn't appear that it was very many. In any case, what is done is done. Everybody will get their order eventually and the shipping of the newer orders didn't delay any of the earlier ones.

Sorry that the shipping process has taken longer than we expected (and were told), but as someone pointed out... this is a good thing for everybody in the long run. It means that there are enough of you out there to keep us in business. And that is in everybody's best interests smile.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Oh, another tidbit about the shipping...

Keep in mind that the delays we are talking about can be measured in days. I know many of you have been waiting for a long time, but in the grand picture the delay is totally irrelevant. Yes, I wish we could have had all our orders go out in the two day timeframe we were quoted, but it simply didn't happen in spite of a lot of hard work on our shipping people's part. I know that a crew of 1/2 dozen were in until 9PM on Friday night getting orders ready to go. Sales people and other non-production people have been working on getting our orders out the door too. I think there is something like over a dozen people working on our orders at any given time. So it's not like we aren't getting high priority from them, in fact it is quite the contrary. But sometime things take longer than expected, and it would be best if everybody just stay calm and remember that the length of time here is really, really small in the big picture.

Steve

Thanks, Steve, for all the updates. I guess our frustration just reflects how highly we think of the game. It would have been nice to have more shipping options, as suggested elsewhere, but that also would increase the hassles for you and your warehouse/disbursement folks. In any case, I'm being patient, although I finally broke down and called my credit card company to be certain I had been charged...yup, on the 15th. Hope the games shows up today. If not, well, there's always tomorrow (and the day after that, and the day after that, and...)

Card charged on the 15th, still waiting.... frown.gif

"Good things come to those who wait, good things come to those who wait, good things come to those who wait, good things come to those who wait, good things come...."

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS

Steve,

Thanks for the candid and honest response. I was more curious than anything since there seemed to be several descrepancies between when people ordered and when they actually got (or havn't yet gotten) the game. I can understand it is probably no easy thing to process all those orders. Escpecially first time out the gate w/ new company and all. And I'd hope that everyone here appreciates that you did the best job you could.

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

OK Steve, so basically what you're saying is that "**** happens," right? OK, I can live with that. smile.gif But you gotta admit, that the recent orders that got sent out early was a bit strange.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-21-2000).]

I sent an email on this, but the board is a good place for it.

Were these packages sent USPS Priority Mail or Regular mail? If Priority, then a shipping number is given, and we can go to http://new.usps.com/cgi-bin/uspsbv/scripts/front.jsp and track our package ourselves. That will take some of the heat off of Battlefront.

Remember, the USPS does not hire based solely on competence, they are mired in affirmative action and no real competition. I strongly suggest that BF in the future allow the customer the option of shipping via other methods as an option, like UPS and FedEx. The only reason I use the USPS anymore is because it is illegal for anyone other than the USPS to send letters.

I would not be so concerned, but its a lot like dating, and we are waiting on the date with the love of our lives, and we are wondering why she is late meeting us.

Its not that bad, really, but it is a real similar.

Why did such a a fine game have to be developed too just drive me crazy?!

OK, I feel better. Thanks for the venting space.

BillWood-

I just found this in the USPS FAQ regarding priority mail tracking:

Does Delivery Confirmation provide the opportunity for tracking and tracing?

No. While enroute scans may be provided, when available, as an added benefit, they are not a part of Delivery Confirmation service. Tracking and tracing, which provides customers enroute information scanned at multiple points as well as delivery information, is regularly provided only with Express Mail.

This seems to contradict what you stated in your post...just an FYI

It appears that the shipping/distribution company gets most of the blame for screwing up shipping priorities. All this abuse against the post office may be uncalled for.

If BTS did give them the shipping list then it would be easy for them to accidently sort the preorder dates from newest to oldest. Maybe Murphy was in charge of the shipping. smile.gif They may have been more concerned with getting the poster orders out first then with the rest of the bunch. Then the screw up was caught but not before alot of recent orders went out the door and those who ordered in the sept 99-Jan-00 somehow wound up last. First in first out. frown.gif

Tony

Thanks for the update too BTS. I appreciate it. I still am a bit frustrated though. I ordered awhile back and then got a buddy to buy it recently. Even though I got an email just prior to the shipping stating my credit card was expired and to quickly give you a new one so I could "keep my place in line" combined with the fact that my friend and I both had our credit cards charged on the same day, he got the game on Monday while I still wait. He lives less than 5 mins from me too.

So, yeah, Im frustrated with the issues that came up in that regard.

Sincerely,

TeAcH

Thanks BTS for the update first.

I have a little question. Do you ship overseas (outside US & Canada) via airmail? If so, I am expecting it within 2 weeks.

I think I should have asked for express delivery just like Picton does.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Honestly, no amount of words can save me. I am lost in a Sea of Dismay (S.O.D.). But I continue to dogpaddle, waiting for my floatation device to arrive. I will always give praise it's makers, but Damn my legs are getting tired!

With Grace,

Jonathan

As Lorak says, it will get here when it gets here. Unfortunately I have "counted my chickens before they hatched" and actually have time allocated this week to play, and since I can't play CM, I write and moan and grip and vent and seek fellow humans in the same misery as misery loves company.

I would much rather be playing.

"There, there guys, the ice cream man is just around the corner."

Bill

[This message has been edited by BillWoodAgain (edited 06-22-2000).]

I am not too sure about the conspiracy idea.

I ordered a long time ago, and I ordered a second copy the week the game went out the door. Thus, I should have at least one game no matter what orders were filled in either order.

Since I do not the game, it must be a conspiracy, no one man could be behind this sadism!

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."