Your favorite snack while Wargaming (possibly OT)

Guest *Captain Foobar*

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkish Gold cigarettes, and lots of them. Usually they spend most of their life in the ash tray while I stare transfixed at the monitor. Every now and then mumbling, “Go little dudes..”.

I usually wash ‘em down with whatever is most plentiful at the time soda, kool-aid, beer, scotch, sour-mix, water, etc…

Jeff

Sunflower seeds, cheeze-its and beer or a bottle of water - no soda, coke, pepsi, etc.

------------------

"The mass of the [Red] army stationed in Western Russia is to be destroyed in bold operations involving deep penetrations by armored spearheads, and the withdrawal of elements capable of combat into the extensive Russian land spaces is to be prevented.

By means of rapid pursuit a line is then to be reached from beyond which the Russian air force will no longer be capable of attacking the German home territories."

- - - Directive 21 "Fall Barbarossa"

Dude... over at the RSE forums (this board's only competitor, as far as I'm concerned) there was an apocalyptic flamewar between nacho and mango supporters. It lasted severaly hundred posts and is still discussed in awe today, after over a year and a half.

I can't believe I almost missed this one!

You dont have to get crumbs all over the place to eat at your computer - try jelly beans. Sweet stuff is my snack of choice playing CM, and its nice n' clean too (but you can't beat Doritos for board games.) Oh yeah, and Fresca. Lots of Fresca.

bar-be-qued smilies, of course, and whatever liquids are available: typically Yuengling's (America's Oldest Brewery - don't laugh you Brits and Euros - 130 years is old to us Americans) Lord Chesterfield Ale or cheap white wine. food wise it is whatever the trouble and strife picked up at the market - salty is better than sweet.

Beer and Bourbon when at Elvis' - where the only snacks are very old green stuffed olives or even older potato chips. really.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

Cheese and Crackers, Black Licorice, Diet Coke.... smile.gif

Having a bad battle? Boliermaker, sub sandwich, cheetos, and all the chocolate that I can rape and pillage! frown.gif

Of course my spitoon is always at my side: Copenhagen snuff

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

[This message has been edited by GonzoAttacker (edited 09-09-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

OK, since I have some of you leisure-intensive folks assembled here...

Has anyone figured a way to play CM from your couch?

I know I can get an infrared keyboard, but has anyone seen an infrared mouse I could use while laying down?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Has anyone figured a way to play CM from your couch?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laptop. I can even play in bed, and on airplanes. Being on the receiving end of arty in view one during extreme turbulence is a trip.

And my favorite snack food is Red Hot Blues (blue corn chips with Cayenne Pepper coating) and a 2 L bottle of fizzy water.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

ewwwww.... you eat Spam on PURPOSE?

I lived off it in Africa for awhile, but I had no alternatives.... wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I commercial fish in Alaska, working 18 hours a day, 8 days a week. Spam, of course, is pure energy, and you can fish all day after a meal. Maybe it's changed sience you had it, or maybe GI spam wasn't as good.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton