Real War Video ****Not for the sqeamish*****

It would seem that rebels have video cameras these days. The rebels in question are the mujahadeen from chechnya and the videos show them ambushing trucks, armored vehicles and shooting russians. This is real war. If you are squeamish then don't watch. If you are curious about real combat then take a peek. But be warned...Real people don't disappear when they are shot. It's gross but it's real.

look in the video section under Russian Hell in the year 2000. It's 51 minutes of rebels shooting up russians. Please don't watch if your are easily offended by violence. I am posting for those who want more violence in games, because this shows why there has to be a line.....decide for yourselves...

[This message has been edited by Valentaur (edited 08-28-2000).]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valentaur:

It would seem that rebels have video cameras these days. The rebels in question are the mujahadeen from chechnya and the videos show them ambushing trucks, armored vehicles and shooting russians. This is real war. If you are squeamish then don't watch. If you are curious about real combat then take a peek. But be warned...Real people don't disappear when they are shot. It's gross but it's real. http://www.qoqaz.net/

look in the video section under Russian Hell in the year 2000. It's 51 minutes of rebels shooting up russians. Please don't watch if your are easily offended by violence. I am posting for those who want more violence in games, because this shows why there has to be a line.....decide for yourselves...

[This message has been edited by Valentaur (edited 08-28-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the proceeds go directly back to the rebels most likely; to help finace their war effort.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

People who can smile when things go wrong

have found someone else to blame.

Val,

i understand your concern about violence in games. But a game is just a game. People who become violent from playing violent games are a bit...ehm...silly and if there weren't violent games they would become violent from watching the news, reading books or playing Tetris. Sane people will never become violent from games because they know the difference between good and evil.

Although this is not a green card to make games as violent as possible, but it is something to think about smile.gif

Sorry Shark, I guess I was posing it just as a question...Myself, I prefer realistic violence in games. Right down to the death quiver. I just want people to understand that real death is ugly. In games I guess it should be scalable from the realistic to no blood....Everybody is different. For Combat Mission, I would say that it is just right as it is...For now...In CM2 maybe a dead body for every figure would be appropriate...I guess I'll wait and see.

the more violence the better understanding of what war is really like.but we play war games for fun and death does not need to be depicted in great detail or you might find that the game has become something more like a bad trip than a fun stategic situation.2 cents worth.is this going to lead back to anything CM related?

Hmm works for me guys...Give a little time to buffer up....It will be a black screen while it does this. and then it should play. It's in arabic (got it playing right now) but the action is clear enough....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valentaur:

Nahhh...It's free. As near as I can tell, the rebels are doing it to show the world that they are killing more russians than russians are killing rebels. You can watch it for free if you have real player installed....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh All is saw was 10pds English or 20.00 US. Figured it was the norm to get money for their effort, in the first conflict they had to pay the mercinaries etc which was done mostly with private/public funding IIRC.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

People who can smile when things go wrong

have found someone else to blame.

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-28-2000).]

Yeah John, I thought the same thing until I went to the videos page...They are selling a CD for money too,however...notice about half way through the video when the guy shoots three rpgs at a bdrm and misses all three shots!!! Funny how they yell ALLAH AKBAR!!! after each shot.

Guest KwazyDog

And one of thier other titles :

The Children of Iraq -

Exclusive NEW feature on the Children of Iraq being slaughtered by American extremists.

Even worse, it includes photos too. This isnt stuff we need to see, its enough know it happens in our world, its sad that people need to sensationalise other people suffering and pain in this way. frown.gif

Anyways, this is way off topic I guess.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 08-28-2000).]

There's a big intellectual difference between watching the movies Dawn of the Dead, and Faces of Death. One is entertainment, the other is the equvillant of a snuff-flick(at least judging from the box blurbs, as I have never seen the the actual film).

I've no problem with violence in video games, but it's really take it or leave it. If the game isn't ultra gory(like CM), it can still be a great game. If the game is super gory(like Soldier of Fortune), it doesn't make it a better playing game because of the gore.

Regardless, as I've sort of drifted from my original point, video of rebels killing people has nothing to do with make believe violence in games unless the game uses full motion video to show actual footage of people being killed.

Yeah, Kwazydog, you're right. But it is history in the making when we live in an age where anyone with a video camera can post their own combat footage to be seen by the whole world. Also have to respect how religeous fervor can offset training. Lock it up if you must. I guess I need to find some WW2 footage... smile.gif

Valentaur:

Well thank you for a timely reminder of the horrors of war. I have no desire to see more gore in CM and I am glad as hell I live in a peaceful country.

For those who havnt watched it I would echo Valentaurs warning and go further and urge you NOT to watch it, somethings are best left outside your brain and these images wont go away for a long time. I still feel sick after seeing the Russian Prisoner executed.

_dumbo <still numb

You're right guys, I apologize if I have offended anyone. I am pulling the link out of my original post. This is off topic. I was originally interested in the fact that rebels actually carry video cameras around on their ops. Once again it was in poor taste and I apologize.

Guest KwazyDog

Valentaur thats ok, you were just posting something you thought may be of interest to some and probably wasnt aware of the content of some of some of the pages.

I have some links here on WW2 footage Ill see if I can drag out for you smile.gif