Please Post About Me Here

www.fluffkitty.com . . . instead of this site. I've posted every picture known to man to me here and I'll see your comments much sooner and it will take a bunch of uneeded crap off the moderators of this site so they can do what is more important; make CM a better game than it already is.

Thank you,

Kitty =^..^=

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

Kitty,

Not quite sure why you feel you have to justify yourself to the moronic slobs here. I think your comments on your site said a lot (my feelings exactly), but it's a shame you feel you have to do this. I'd rather see you tell the off and ignore them.

But then again, people who see those pictures will never again have to question if you're a guy pretending to be a girl.

Matt

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Yes, we do.

------------------

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

[This message has been edited by Croda (edited 12-14-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

I must admit, I care too.

My girlfriend uses the net often, and after a few sad incidents on various forums where unnecessary comments were made to her purely because she was a female playing quake she no longer uses a name online that indicates her gender. This saves her from a lot of uncomfortable situations and harassment. You know, that really does make me angry when I think about it, why cant people control themselves. Why should my girlfriend have to be exposed to those comments simply because she is female and didnt try and hide it.

I think the answer somewhat is that it seems to be that when some people are behind a computer screen morales and politeness are forgotten. Chances are these people would not act in this way *if* they were met in public. I guess this is because of the barrier the net offers between us all.

Ive read though the post that sparked this thread and although there were many posts in there they were attempting to be in good humour, there were also posts that werent in good taste. Although I dont think (and hope) it was the intention of the posters, it is obvious that some of these comments did bother Kitty (and others) and probably should not have been made. I will leave this thread open for now so people can make comments or apologies if they feel it necessary.

Kitty, Im sorry that thread wasnt locked down sooner to save you some of the bother.

If you want to see harassment of females online, simply install AOL, sign up for the free hours, create a female "user" name, and watch the HUGE number of "instant messages" that appear from complete strangers (and losers) asking all sorts of rude and annoying things.

NEXT, create a male "user" name, and sit for hours online, in the utter peace and lack of "instant messages."

It's truly sickening, and one of the reasons my wife and I switched from AOL to AT&T (which does not have the intricate "user" system AOL forces on you).

(NOTE: This post is not meant to bash AOL! Only to bash the sad morons who apparently spend all day on AOL looking at the various user info to harrass any women who are actively online.)

I apologize, I posted prior to seeing what the fuss was about, and looking at my post now, I can see that people would take it in the wrong way from which it was intended.

I did not mean "Does anyone care about Kitty (whoever she might be)?", I meant "Does anyone actually spend time worrying about whether someone is the gender they state?"

Or, for that matter, why does anyone care what gender anyone might be in a forum like this anyway? Its a forum about Combat Missions. How does gender enter into the discussion to begin with?

I guess I somehow managed to miss whatever issue came up about her on this board.

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

Ya, believe it or not, there are actually good people in the world who do. It is abundantly apparent that you are not one of these.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang Matt, don't be so quick to assume the worst about someone.

I am quite capable of not caring about what sex Kitty might be, and yet, still be a good person.

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Dang Matt, don't be so quick to assume the worst about someone.

I am quite capable of not caring about what sex Kitty might be, and yet, still be a good person.

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My appologies. I took your original post at face value, apparently not what you intended. Your post did not make it clear that the item to be cared about was her gender, and I read it as her "situation". I'll eliminate the offending material in light of your above statement.

I've just gotten upset at some of the crassness around here. It seems that no matter where Kitty goes, she's followed by a bunch of people acting and posting like adolescents. The occasional joke may be funny, but it has gotten stupid now. I feel embarassed anytime someone razzes Kitty, as if it's a reflection on my status as a male. I'd just like to see her left alone to partake as everyone else does. She's contributed more to this forum than a lot of people, myself not withstanding.

Sorry to jump all over you so fast.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Croda (edited 12-14-2000).]

Jeff, Just wanted you to know that I took your post as you meant it... so not EVERYONE thought you were a total swine! wink.gif

I've always argued on this sort of topic that it REALLY should not be an issue what gender someone is on a gaming forum.

I remember a female on the Unreal Tournament forum who received all sorts of harrassment, along with some rather disgusting/perverted pictures posted for her "benefit", supposedly as a "joke."

It's REALLY a shame that harrassment and discrimination is being ironed out of the workplace, only to be rampant online.

Agreed. It is a sad thing. frown.gif There are always somebody around the Net who lack self-respect and maturity.

Griffin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Jeff, Just wanted you to know that I took your post as you meant it... so not EVERYONE thought you were a total swine! wink.gif

I've always argued on this sort of topic that it REALLY should not be an issue what gender someone is on a gaming forum.

I remember a female on the Unreal Tournament forum who received all sorts of harrassment, along with some rather disgusting/perverted pictures posted for her "benefit", supposedly as a "joke."

It's REALLY a shame that harrassment and discrimination is being ironed out of the workplace, only to be rampant online.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Guest Rollstoy

"Wer zu spät kommt, den bestraft das Leben!"

(Life punishes those who are late).

[This message has been edited by Rollstoy (edited 12-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Kitty, Im sorry that thread wasnt locked down sooner to save you some of the bother.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, but it's really no big deal . . . well, I should say it turned out to be a bigger deal than I thought it would be. I've mentioned before that I've played a few "male-oriented" online games before this but this so you get used to comments here and there but this was by far the biggest reaction I've ever seen. I DID post the picture in response to the "S&M" comment so it's not like I didn't at least have an inkling of what would follow. I just didn't think it would follow as HUGE as it did. I didn't want to see that thread dominate the whole board because it's not "Kitty's Board" it's Battlefront's and about CM. So I have no problem with redirecting off-topic traffic to where it's more appropriate; ie - my site and email. <shrug> Sorry for the fuss that I helped to create. Please resume gaming. =)

K

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

Henri, what are you doing here? I thought you'd moved on to greener pastures.

and where are the smilies?

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

Kitty,

Don't let people get to you, life is too short. Live your life and let them waste theirs. When they are ninety years old and they look back on their lives, they will have nothing but regrets.

Just be yourself, no regrets.

On another topic, how did you manage to make those hamster 3D faces look good? It's not easy to do...

smile.gif

Guest MantaRay

Man, woman, hamster....who cares. Kitty is a cool person from the times I have associated with her. And if people cannot get past her gender, well they need to get a life.

And Kitty....stop being so defensive, you dont need to prove anything but that you can play CM. And dare I say it, from what I have heard, you are no slouch, so just forget about the semantics.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

Since I was the creator of the origanal message, I'd like to take some blame. I probally should have aksed BTS to lock it sonner, instead of wiating around. I'd like to say that the message in no way was intended to take the turn that it did..... Anyway, Back to the games....grrr....grrrr

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

And Kitty....stop being so defensive, you dont need to prove anything but that you can play CM. And dare I say it, from what I have heard, you are no slouch, so just forget about the semantics.

Ray

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too right, Ray!

Kitty is an extremely capable player! One of the best I've ever played!

Mace

I brought my then fiancee to Origins 91 as a final test to see if she could handle my geeky hobbies and she sat in one of the 24 hour ASL games that go on at Origins. No problem. The next day though I was playing timed Tractics matches and we ran into these geeks on the other side whose brains went like this:

women --- drink jolt --- woman at gaming convention --- drink more jolt --- fantasize about woman who goes to gaming conventions ---

My fiancee was actually nice to them, and made the mistake of joking around -- and it was like a feeding frenzy that ended with her telling one 50 year old that she did not do men old enough to be her grandfather (technically incorrect but funny).

So: 90% of gamers get sex on a regular basis or have been at least raised how to deal with it if they don't. 9% frequent professionals for that stuff and as long as they had 150 dollars last weekend they are OK. 1% should not be let within 20km of a woman.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gibsonm:

Slapdragon,

"then fiance". I hope that means that you two got over this and eventually got married or was taking her to Origins the point of no return?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope -- I took 3 months off to hike the Appalachian trail the next summer and she moved in with her parents, who were good old fashioned Southern classists. In three months in which I was playing nature boy they convinced her that a television director was a "lower class" occupation and that she needed to marry a Doctor or Lawyer. I got back to the next place I was working next (when I lwent for my hike I was working in Asheville) --- Savannah she had had second thoughts. A few days before the wedding she called me and said it was all off, and got a job working for Hardees.

The best thing that ever happened to me because I met my current wife, a marine scientist from Brazil, and it would have been a lot of trouble to have had two wives one of which was a prig.