Dear BTS, Soon?

Guest Captain Foobar

Personally, I am glad that I didnt know in November that it would take this long. I would have been miserable thinking that I had 3 or 4 months to go....

When I was sixteen...man...just remembering how simple and uncomplicated things where.

Room and board were free. All my closest friends were "right there" (not off doing there own family thing half-way across the country). Gas was cheap (er). Blue Oyster Cult were gods. My small town high-schools biggest worry was whether the freshmen were going to be thrown in the pond (not machine-gunned). Tax was what you had to pay on burgers. My dog was still alive...

and girls were a complete and utter mystery (somethings never change...)

Life is a pretty crazy set of circumstances isn't it?

I still feel like that same guy, it must be the rest of reality that warped around me.

Too deep for this board...

Enjoy youth while you have it Manieri, don't grow up at all if you can help it. Same for the rest of you young bucks...

(though I do gotta admit the "life begins at thirty" mantra does hold some truth as well)

Sgt. (once upon a time) Sehmel, C.H. USMC

"Zamo"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Personally, I am glad that I didnt know in November that it would take this long. I would

have been miserable thinking that I had 3 or 4 months to go....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I once had a teacher in high school who, whilst leading a troop of 10 freshmen was asked, "how much further is it?". He responded, "just two more miles". The student smiled, as that was quite doable. After about an hour the inquisitive student asked again, "how much further" and the teacher responded, "two more miles". This was repeated four or five times. Finally the student asked, "two more miles to *what*?" and the teacher replied, "well, the next two miles of course".

Eventually they got there. So will CM.

smile.gif

- Bill

Preacher,

Man, I can see my word plays are lost on the board wink.gif. To keep things interesting for myself when I post I often make games of sentences I write (cause otherwise they'd simply be boring to type) by including veiled references, inter-relations, word jokes, slightly weird words AND doubling things up

Getting Manieri about grammar was only so that I could put in two incorrect things he did so that there would be two paired pairs of words in that paragraph.

Ps. Just for the record you had a spelling meestake in your correction (spot the deliberate error here (really obvious) and get a cookie wink.gif ).

Zamo said -

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Blue Oyster Cult were gods.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean WERE? smile.gif

They're still on tour ya know. "On tour forever". Saw them last year, they still kick ass. They're coming around my way this month again. In San Fran. the 22nd I think. Gonna try it again. Stupid me never saw them when the played the big stadiums. frown.gif

BOC here in Tacoma on the 19th...Yeah, I already got my tickets! They still put on one of the greatest shows around. I always enjoy taking younger friends and folks who aren't cult-o-philes and watching them get blown away by these old farts...

Guest Gunnerdream

Saw BOC in Indy '79. Best damn laser light show I have ever seen or ever will since they outlawed any lasers that could feasibly shine into any audience members eyes...

Gunnerdream...floating down through the clouds...