CM Mod Manager

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool. But what I want to do is use texture from here a texture from there and build my own moded mod. LOL! I really like Gunslinger's Pine trees so I'll put them in a zip along with so and sos regular trees and someone elses grass and so on. I will be able to convert that to CMM file?

Just a quick question: will we also be able to take the future *.cmm files (mods) that (I assume) will be posted and EXTRACT individual *.bmp from them? This, assuming that we are only interested in one or two mods, or that we are making our own *for our own personal use? In this latter case, for example, I would like to be able to create and update "autumn" "spring" and "summer" mods for my tanks and troops . . .

------------

Gewaltige Naturen mit starker Eigenpersönlichkeit darf man nicht aus der Umbung reissen, die ihren Rythmus angenommen hat. . . .In diesem Falle besteht die Gefahr, que du sublime au ridicule il n’y a qu’un pas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TwoSheds:

Well, once a Mod is installed you can "borrow" it from the Combat Mission\BMP directory.

There's other ways too...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some mod makers list .bmps and the graphics they represent. Others do not.

How will we be able to find the relevant .bmps for the mods we want to keep?

Bruno Weiss wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It'd also be nice, if there were some sort of basic organizational rules out there for mod creators. You know, simple stuff like file naming conventions and consistencies, version numbers, informational or instructional text files, and most of all (lessen I missed this), a full blown index listing from BTS for all the bmp files. I know their a little busy with CM2 at the moment (they better be ), but someone needs to do a complete index of the graphic files used by CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I posted this to another thread, but it'd be really nice (hint hint), if Furball would consider publishing something like this along with any Mod Manager.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-28-2000).]

Guest Napoleon1944

This will be great. I am working on some mod packs now. I just finished the dragons teeth for a WESTWALL pack. My cow in the tress will make a great Normandy pack. I am posting them all on MadMatts site. I forsee Italian and desert packs on the horizon!

I am working on a Russian front pack. I am remarking Shermans and maybe some other USA and Brit vehicles into Russian markings. I learned how to convert, visually at least, the Stug into a short barrelled version.

Today I purchased a color scanner and a pen tablet so soon I will start converting either US or Brit uniforms into Russian.

I got a tentative line to a person that may be able to convert USA voice waves into Russian phrases for me.

So when I get all this down and the time to package it all together I might be able to fight Russians vs Germans. I have recreated two old SL scenarios into CM format. I just wish I could modify the editor to recognize the existance of Russian forces and limit the types of vehicles and men available.

MikeT

The design of the CM Mod Manager is based on the user setting priorities for mods. Lower priority mods get copied to the BMP folder first and then on up the priority list, till the highest priority mod gets copied last. Users adjust the priorities by moving mods up and down in the list.

An important note here is the granularity of your decision making (do I want it / how should i load it) is the MOD not the BMP. 95% of the users do not want to hassle with a list of 1600 BMP's to decide I want 1576 from here, then 43 from there and, oh yeah, these 3 from this mod are cool and...

If your in the other 5%, that salivate over the last sentence, the Mod Manager of choice is Windows Explorer.

To overuse a metaophor, I'm working on the forest NOT the trees.

[This message has been edited by TwoSheds (edited 10-29-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Madmatt

It's currently being tested. When there is more to say we will say it.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing