You guys are sellouts!

Congrats to BTS !!!

way to go!

as for there first printing numbers I would like to speculate...

If they are "over 1000 a long long time ago"

and if Matrix SP W@W downloaded 6000 copies in the first 48 hours of free downloading

and if my personal experience suggests that the minimum cost effecifient run of printing a first run of a new batch of CD's is (if I recall correctly) about 5000 units

then I would suggest, purely based on my own personal opinion of how I would order an uncertian first run of any CD printing

I would say they ran 5000 units and sold them all out early, and have now requested a new run of 10,000 units.

This is ALL just GUESS work and shear speculation on my part.

If I were BTS I would not divulge ANY of these figures either so I doubt they will ever comment on any of these numbers and I don't blame them.

Steve and Charles you guys deserve all the glory and rewards of ALL your hard work and out standing customer service and for putting up with all the bitching and whining that wsa posted in between all the real inspirataional and insightful posts that were actually helpful to the game.

congrats!

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EScurlock:

Spectacular. BTW just how big was that initial printing?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the news on CDMag and SimHQ. Hats off to BTS! I was about to order one more copy for PC but should I order now and could an express delivery be made?

Thanks BTS for bringing us the game and hope to see CM2 soon.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Wahoooo! One for the good guys! Way to go, Charles and Steve!

Are we witnessing a "flight to quality"? I sure hope so.

Here's hoping that if you ever sell out to one of the "Big Boys", you retain full creativity and quality control! But then, keep this up and you *will* be one of the "Big Boys"!

Thanks for an awesome game, BTS.

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

Congratulations BTS! I'm really glad to hear that CM is selling so well. Excellent.

.... geez, I haven't even gotten my ASL buds to buy the game yet (I think at least some of them are close, though). Hope that next shipment of CDs arrives quick.

Papa

Congratulations to Bigtime Software!!

I'm hoping with the extra capital they can improve CM2 well beyond our imagination. Possibly even include motion capture for the soldier movements and volumetric smoke, etc. Hehe. Who knows.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yup, it is a bit of good news and bad news. The good news, of course, is that Combat Mission 2 is going to happen <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations Steve & Charles,

That´s really good news. Especially knowing you guys beginning to work on CM2.

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

The good news, of course, is that Combat Mission 2 is going to happen biggrin.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yee-Haw! biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EScurlock:

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pardon my nitpick, but according to Shelby Foote, NB Forrest's statement was:

"Get there first with the most men."

It doesn't have quite the same rural sound, but it's more accurate.

If Forrest wasn't the source of your sig, then never mind me...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soliloquy:

Pardon my nitpick, but according to Shelby Foote, NB Forrest's statement was:

"Get there first with the most men."

It doesn't have quite the same rural sound, but it's more accurate.

If Forrest wasn't the source of your sig, then never mind me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to show my ignorance here. Did NB Forrest's quote pre-date WWII? The reason I ask is that I'm not quoting Forrest, but an old WWII G.I. axium. Maybe they got the idea from Forrest?

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Heartiest congratulations, Steve and Charles. Your success is well deserved.

My thanks also go to all those who helped test the game, made suggestions to improve it and helped spread the word.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley