Win/Loss record. Are you General material??

As I sit around at work wishing I could be playing CM, I wonder if people keep unofficial records of their PBEM's or TCP games.

I have not played that many games but thinking back, my record is as follows

Mayor Victoy, Minor Victory, Draw, Minor Loss, mayor loss

6-2-1-1-2

What's yours???

Just looking for something to do....

if you make stuff up, your only cheating yourself.

Of more interest in the win-loss record of your opponents.

I consider myself of above-average player, but I would bet my overall record against those opponents who I play consistently is probably around 1.2:1 at best, and with very few major victories. Against an evenly matched opponent it should be very hard to get an major victory ina balanced scenario.

If I count ALL the games I have played, it is probably closer to 2:1, but that is declining rapidly since I generally do not continue to play people who are not challenging, although there are a few who I continue to play because they are getting a lot better every time.

Basiclly, if you are not good enough (or are not going to be good enough) to contribute to my loss column, I probably will not have much fun playing you.

Case in point: Def is about to beat me in the AKOTM game, and it is about the most fun I have had in a CM PBEM game in quite some time.

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Case in point: Def is about to beat me in the AKOTM game, and it is about the most fun I have had in a CM PBEM game in quite some time.

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Oooh, quoting myself...)

I was wondering, does anyone else actually get butterflies in the pit of their stomach when they are about to open up a movie file from a particularly tense PBEM game?

Or is it just me?

Jeff

I was wondering, does anyone else actually get butterflies in the pit of their stomach when they are about to open up a movie file from a particularly tense PBEM game?

Or is it just me?

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but almost moreso in extremely quiet games, mostly because it usually means that someone's about to walk into a trap wink.gif

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Or is it just me?

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't call them butterflies, but I do feel a certain amount of excitement (like on Christmas morning almost). Then I usually watch the movie and that excitement rapidly turns to Anger. biggrin.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Or when you get a file that is 300k bigger than all the others. You just know all hell has broke loose.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

I probably hold the record for the most pbem games lost in a row (something like 8!).My record in TCPIP is a lot better, although I have lost 5 straight games to Old Salt...

In case this gives you the idea that I am a pushover, I have really drubbed some very fine players. It didn't help that I had not noticed some things like the fact that there is an additional delay when you change movement orders, which I always used to do when the fighting started, that I didn't pay much attention to leader qualities, that I had not bothered to find out that German infantry is usually superior at ranges longer than 200 m, that I had no idea what British carriers carried, and that when I was in a hurry, I would send the file right back after watching the movie wihout giving any orders, guessing that I had likely put my units where they were for a good reason (which I couldn't remember, of course).

Henri

I just love playing by Email. I still play against the AI occasionally, but much prefer the stress and excitement of PBEM or TCP/IP battles. As for my record, well I would like to think I`m the next Rommel or Patton (as most of us would!) but I guess I have a pretty even score. My main opponents are Wittmann (who I believe is also taking on Jeff right now) and Blackhorse. My only claim to fame was beating Fionn in my first PBEM game against him! "Never underestimate an opponent" was the lesson the good old Fionn learnt that day, but I haven`t played him since, don`t want to blemish my record :)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JediJobu:

As I sit around at work wishing I could be playing CM, I wonder if people keep unofficial records of their PBEM's or TCP games.

I have not played that many games but thinking back, my record is as follows

Mayor Victoy, Minor Victory, Draw, Minor Loss, mayor loss

6-2-1-1-2

What's yours???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't keep track. <shrug> My last game was a minor victory for Warphead though. Fionn says he's won 104 in a row though.

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

Case in point: Def is about to beat me in the AKOTM game, and it is about the most fun I have had in a CM PBEM game in quite some time. Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, you know whats funny about that Jeff, I was scared ****less that whole game.

Still am, cause it aint over. I wouldn't say I've won yet, that is a very close match we have going. Speaking of movies, every movie I played back during our battle almost gave me a heart attack. Even though those Bombers took out some of your armor, for the most part it's not the covering fire power I needed. My troops, my poor suffering Sturmgruope..... had to run and move out in the open......sniff.... Brings a tear to my eye.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Just had a talk with Fionn, and he assures me the 104 straight wins is the truth. With his last loss coming from yours truly wink.gif

So I stand corrected smile.gif

I believe this streak of Fionn's makes him the reigning king of CM PBEM play, a fact that I intend to end in our next battle (a huge 10,000 point per side affair) wink.gif

Bil

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 12-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bil Hardenberger:

Just had a talk with Fionn, and he assures me the 104 straight wins is the truth. With his last loss coming from yours truly ;)

So I stand corrected :)

I believe this streak of Fionn's makes him the reigning king of CM PBEM play, a fact that I intend to end in our next battle (a huge 10,000 point per side affair) ;)

Bil

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 12-20-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no. I will end it in our next battle; a huge 5k attack! =) If he ever sends the file, that is. If he does send it that means I'll have three 5k games going at once! =D

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bil Hardenberger:

HAHA! Good luck Kitty, I will be interested in the outcome. Of course if you do beat him, you will have to play me next ;)

Bil<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"If?" What do you mean "IF I beat him?" Of course I will. =)

He still hasn't sent me the file yet though. Can I play you while I'm waiting?

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

21 games.

19 wins 2 loses, dunno minor/major stuff... wins a win to me smile.gif 1 lose to Jarmo (my 1st eva game) but really to the worst luck in world... he may remeber it. Other 1 I got ripped by Mike the Aussie??? Was playing as the defender in a 1500 point battle... still can't see a way to win that 1 without the luck of the gods. Most times I've played 1 person is 3. If I could find better players I'd play them.

Oh and if ya gonna challenge me I'm using 1.05.. not updating to tcp/ip till its fully done.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

19 wins 2 loses, dunno minor/major stuff... wins a win to me smile.gif 1 lose to Jarmo (my 1st eva game) but really to the worst luck in world... he may remeber it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I timed that game right. biggrin.gif

Yea, I still remember it, everything fell under my madly chargin' AFV's.

Luck, luck and more luck. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Looks like I timed that game right. biggrin.gif

Yea, I still remember it, everything fell under my madly chargin' AFV's.

Luck, luck and more luck. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, also one of my very first games (not counting demos), I was still in the "what's this

M20 thingy then? I'll take a couple and find out" -phase.

Crap, I meant to edit the message, not reply to it. frown.gif

I need some sleep one of these days...

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 12-22-2000).]