The Stormtroopers are coming!!!

(Cue theme from STAR WARS...)

At least that's what the info bar says...

Stormtroopers1.jpg

Stormtroopers.jpg

I've made those mods to get the right look of the original stormtroopers.

(Website courtesy of a Slovenian friend of mine Slovenian Axis Forces 1941-1945 smile.gif )

Cheers

Olle

[This message has been edited by Olle Petersson (edited 10-29-2000).]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drool...must...not...get...overexcited...

are ya gonna do vader and the red imperial guards and bobba fett and the rebel commandos and snow troopers and gugans and wookies and and and...(russellmz passes out)

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldier,

Where are the lasers? Need new guns...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't want to degrade that much do we? confused.gif

In the beginning, a long time ago in a galaxy far away... , stormtroopers used weapons based on plasma fire, known as blasters.

When blasters became obsolete they started to use laser weapons. These also became obsolete, so now they use the most excellent invention in weapons technology so far; the gun powder propelled bullet thrower.

This weapon is by far the most accurate and devastating of them all, and therefore the current weapon of choise amongst the glorious corps of Stormtroopers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

are ya gonna do vader and the red imperial guards and bobba fett and the rebel commandos and snow troopers and gugans and wookies and and and...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course not, I can't find any of these in the units list of CM. (Stormtroopers are there to start with, just have the wrong look.)

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

and gugans <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wwwwwwait a minute. You're not trying to introduce Episode 1 suckness into old-school SW stuff, are you? I know you're not trying to do that, because that would be a bad idea.

Episode 1 is conclusive proof that George Lucas should be institutionalized and forbidden to have anything to do with the Star Wars franchise ever again.

Bah. The stupid remakes were bad enough, but Episode 1? Gungans? My god, man! "Meesa in sucha bad movie! Meesa here just for bad physical comedy!"

The original Star Wars movies (except for Jedi, don't get me started on Ewoks) had an elegant simplicity which lent strength to the white-hats vs. black-hats theme. The rereleased versions said "hell, screw simplicity, the audience wants dinosaurs and Young Jabba!" Episode 1 said, basically, "Meesa insult your intelligence. Meesa stultifying waste of $8.50."

BAH!

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

This gives me an Idea! I wanna see the CM engine used to simulate the battle in The Empire Strikes Back!

As a side note, Episode 1 sucked. As soon as I saw that creature I walked outta the cinema very dissapointed with Mr Lucas.

[This message has been edited by chasd (edited 10-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

This dates me, but we need Cylons too.

And other types, like United Federation of Planets shock troops, etc.

wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE UFP has shock troops? i thought the goody-goody feds were never allowed to make anything cool...at least before DS9.

Episode I wasn't that bad when i went in with low expectations after i saw the trailer revealed anakin flying a fighter in a space battle.

------------------

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Russellmz you seem to be caught off guard just as much as I am, the United Federation of Planets has shock troops? The have red shirts but...

SW:E1 was a disappointment. George Lucas should be sent to one of the labour camps in Canada to think about what he did. Wha? No labour camps? Hmm have to work on that.

To recap...

Jedi Good!

Gungan Bad!

Sith Good!

Anakin Bad!

(Especially the whole creepy 18 year old actress playing a what 7 year olds love interest?)

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

as usual everypne's feelings about a movie can be summed up with an abridged script:

especially funny is samuel l. jackson's, er, 'dialogue'.

http://ter.air0day.com/phantommenace.html

and weird al yankovic's american jedi, who includes a line about the 'romance':

http://www.sagabegins.com/lyrics.html

but don't forget lucas has some twisted relationship issues: admit it, everytime you watch leia kiss luke in empire strikes back don't you just go 'ewwwwww!'

aaaa, last bit of star wars humor i promise:

http://www.mediatrip.com/film/movies_on_demand/308.html

the last two scenes in this funny little short film DOES explain a lot.

------------------

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 10-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Disaster:

Sorry to be a complete geek but I believe it should be:

"TK421, why aren't you at your post?"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be even more of a complete Geek than you, Disaster, but he says both in that scene, though I'm quite happy to report that I cannot remember which is said first. PHEW! Saved myself at the 7th gate to geekdom.

------------------

"Nuts!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

This dates me, but we need Cylons too.

wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Daleks to smile.gif.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

Sorry to be even more of a complete Geek than you, Disaster, but he says both in that scene, though I'm quite happy to report that I cannot remember which is said first. PHEW! Saved myself at the 7th gate to geekdom.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm quite the Star Wars geek, but you don't have to be one to figure out he asks if TK421 is at his post first... then asks why he doesn't respond when he doesn't get an answer.

Sheesh. wink.gif

------------------

"Whenever a mission ends and I still have a member of the red team standing, I have to ask myself: did I do enough to ensure my own safety?" - Old Man Murray review on SWAT3

Those of you with broadband really ought to check out the fan movies at http://www.theforce.net

Troops is your first stop. (watch out for the stormtrooper in high heels)

After that, some of the other fan movies are well worth a look. I recommend 'Star Dudes' and 'Jabba on the Dais'

NTM

------------------

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen get to die faster, for we ride into battle!

The body is okay, but the head, I mean the hemlet need some more work. I really like to see 'em in stromtrooper blasters. We may have to wait for CM3 for the desert variants.

BTW, anybody porting AT-ST and snow speeder in works, may be?

As for SW spoof goes, I love the comic strips called User Friendly and it has a storyline once on SW. Kinda funny.

If I really have time I wish I could do a Gundam UC0079 mod, damn the BG2.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again frown.gif

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 10-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw 1:

And Daleks to smile.gif.

Regards, John Waters

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I wonder what angle slope you would give to a Dalek, and it only looked like some 10-15mm of armor. High profile, narrow base. Has to be a pop-gun they mount, or else it'd knock itself over with the first shot...

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Hmm, I wonder what angle slope you would give to a Dalek, and it only looked like some 10-15mm of armor. High profile, narrow base. Has to be a pop-gun they mount, or else it'd knock itself over with the first shot...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL biggrin.gif...

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.