TOEs/OOBs

As part of my upcoming starring role in CMMC, I wanted to get some TOE info for my command. My first port of call was the BTS Resources page, which rather conveniently has a collection of TOE/OOB links. Unfortunately, they are all completely dead. The Nafziger collection, which used to offer info on every campaign since the Battle of Kadesh has moved without leaving a forwarding address.

Does anybody know of a comprehensive site for WW2 TOEs/OOBs?

Much obliged,

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

If you are playing as a German, don't bother looking at the traditional TO&E sources, they would not help you much. Trust me, I did the OoB's and TO&E.

Some of the German battalions are going to be very interesting to see on the battlefield... Some are real rag-tag, others absolutely armed to the teeth.

FOW prevents me from saying more.

Guest Captain Foobar

redface.gif

what the hell does TOE stand for??????

I know that OOB stands for Order of Battle, meaning force composition... help me out here guys...

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 03-15-2000).]

James:

Thats very goods to hear, About time a game modeled the appalling state many German infantry units were in. On the eastern front at least mechanized transport was often replaced with horse drawn equipment through the entire war. I remember reading about some Allies going through the records of a capture German HQ and discovering a complete hodgpodge of nationalites and equipment some time after D-Day.

Guest Big Time Software

Just to clarify, Charles and I did the TO&E for CM. One of our three sources was Nafziger. Sorry, I don't have a URL other than the one in our links area. I hope he hasn't gone bye-bye because we got some great stuff from him.

Steve

Guest Seimerst

You have it half right. It stands for Table of Organization and Equipment. There can be multiple TO&E's as a unit is either restructured or equipped. It specifies how many soldiers of what MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) are in the Co HQ, the rifle squad, etc. along with how many rifles, bunk beds, M1919 .30 Lt MG, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zulu1:

I think its Table of Operations & Equipment<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gyrene251:

Try this link on my site. I am in the process of adding an artillery battalion and Infantry Battalion chart. At least it's a start. Additional chart links will be found on the right hand side of the below page.

http://www.trailblazersww2.org/organization.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOLY CHIHUAHUA!

The 70th Division ran the Reception Battalion (30th AG) at Fort Benning the summer I went to boot camp.. worst two weeks of my life.. I've hated that cursed patch ever since..

But I imagine you all are nice enough. smile.gif

Greg

------------------

I love the f***ing Army

and the Army loves f***ing me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

As part of my upcoming starring role in CMMC, I wanted to get some TOE info for my command. My first port of call was the BTS Resources page, which rather conveniently has a collection of TOE/OOB links. Unfortunately, they are all completely dead. The Nafziger collection, which used to offer info on every campaign since the Battle of Kadesh has moved without leaving a forwarding address.

Much obliged,

Ethan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ethan. I too have been looking hard for OOBs and TO&Es, without success - at least for the specific one I'm using. Without revealing too much.. let me say that I know what KIND of unit I'm commanding, but I don't know WHICH unit. That is a problem, as you may be told, for example, that you're commanding an American infantry battalion. Thats great, but there are several types of American infantry battalions. You don't know for sure whether you're in the 82nd Airborne, 1st Infantry Division, 29th Infantry Division.. all had various kinds of infantry battalions. Without knowing what division you're unit is in - Axis or Allied - the best you can do is familiarize yourself with the various kinds of battalions (if you can find them.. I cannot) and wait till your assignment and TO&E are given to you.

Not much help, I know..

Greg

------------------

I love the f***ing Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Much obliged,

Ethan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ethan. I too have been looking hard for OOBs and TO&Es, without success - at least for the specific one I'm using. Without revealing too much.. let me say that I know what KIND of unit I'm commanding, but I don't know WHICH unit. That is a problem, as you may be told, for example, that you're commanding an American infantry battalion. Thats great, but there are several types of American infantry battalions. You don't know for sure whether you're in the 82nd Airborne, 1st Infantry Division, 29th Infantry Division.. all had various kinds of infantry battalions. Without knowing what division you're unit is in - Axis or Allied - the best you can do is familiarize yourself with the various kinds of battalions (if you can find them.. I cannot) and wait till your assignment and TO&E are given to you.

Not much help, I know..

Greg

------------------

I love the f***ing Army

Guest Schuggerbaby
Originally posted by Captain Foobar:

redface.gif

what the hell does TOE stand for??????

It's really nice to hear someone asking about the lots of abbreviations here on the board. Actually i have to admit that it is really difficult for me to follow discussions because of them. Some of them may be not militarical stuff, i guess but would someone be so kind and explain the following:

-IRII

-IMO or IMHO

-FWIW

-Sos

( Can someone imagine me sitting in front of the monitor eating my dictionaries?)

Schuggerbaby

Schugger, Kölle Alaaf wink.gif

-IRII should be IIRC (If I Remember Correct)

-IMO or IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)

-FWIW (For What It´s Worth)

-Sos (Son Of Sevenless biggrin.gif Nope just kidding Sosabovski )

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/2930/

Guest Zulu1

LOL Laughing Out Loud

ROFL - Rolling On the Floor Laughing

ROFLMAO - Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

KMGBCMAIM - Kiss Marriage Goodbye Because CM Arrived In Mail

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zulu1 (edited 03-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Zulu1 (edited 03-16-2000).]

Guest Schuggerbaby

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DesertFox:

Schugger, Kölle Alaaf wink.gif

-IRII should be IIRC (If I Remember Correct)

-IMO or IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)

-FWIW (For What It´s Worth)

-Sos (Son Of Sevenless biggrin.gif Nope just kidding Sosabovski )

Helge

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the clarification!

PS

Un ich han at jedaach, ich wör de eijnziste de sulch Froore hät, do han ich ävver Jlöck jehatt!

What the ????,

it looks like the CMMC is being set up and i haven't heard a word from Fionn yet. Better email him again before he forgets all about me frown.gif.

Oh, and here are some links you guys should find helpfull in the search for TO&E's;

tracks and armour page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8418/

Panzergrenadier http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6931/

WWII armed forces http://www.freeport-tech.com/WWII/index.htm

Hope this helps.

Grtz S bakker

[This message has been edited by Bakker@home (edited 03-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bakker@home (edited 03-19-2000).]

After HOURS of searching, I found a comprehensive list of OBs for Normandy.

Including division organization and assigned equipment, troop strength, casualties, locations, and dates of arrival for reinforcements. Maybe not down to how many rifles a unit has, but really good nonetheless. I'd rather know how many and what kind of TANKS a unit had than how many rifles.

If you look hard enough, you WILL find the information.

Jason

If the CMMC is, in fact, going to be in and around the Normandy area, the last thing I want to do is give the enemy easy access to information that took me about 20 hours to gather.

Of course, if the CMMC is actually going to be about Market-Garden, or something, then it doesn't really matter.

Sorry about being so tight lipped but, the enemy is watching

Jason