v4 CPX Sat Nov 9th

Slaggg

Anyone care to play in a CPX on Nove 9th? Contact me via email (slaggg0@lycos.com) or post something here, please include the side you would prefer to play on and your expected level of involvement (eg: in it for the duration, possible part-timer, observer in reserve, etc.)

I have two goals in mind for this CPX:

One: for everyone involved to have fun

Two: for me to cut my teeth as an Umpire

If you REALLY want to be CO of either Red or Blue, let me know, otherwise I'll assign those roles to the first two people who 'sign up'.

Some particulars:

The map: 541

The sides: Red vs Blue

Start time: 3pm GMT

# of players: I'd like to keep it at around 6/8 players, but if more want to play, I won't turn you away.

Observers welcome of course.

Game length: Count on the standard 6 hrs of gameplay.

COs will receive their mission objectives and relative info no later than Nov 3rd.

Let me know if you have any non-mission specific questions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken the liberty of posting the announcement to the TacOps list.

Sign me up... I'm happy to be a CO, and usually play Red. Happy to take Blue instead, or not be CO, if that works better for you, though.

Much of the time, players run aay from the CO post - don't *tell* them that the first player to sign up will be CO.... just keep it in mind if nobody steps forward. smile.gif

I quote from an earlier AAR:

Blue chicken, errr, commander AAR

Determining the Blue commander this time had much to do with playing

"chicken" like in 50tie hollywood movies - two guys get into cars and

go full speed direct against each other, nowadays practiced in Eastern

Germany. Whoever breaks first is the chicken.

A TacOps game can be just like that, you see the deadline for the OOB

file approaching and nobody moves. Everybody is, no, no, no, I don't

want to be the ****ed soup chicken, the one with all the blame and

none of the units. Well, finally it occured to me better be the

Chicken in the winning team than the Lion under the steamroller and I

took things over.

[long AAR to follow, Red didn't make it very far. Edit: except they captured our Allies' president in a helicopter raid...]

smile.gif

[ October 22, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

For what its worth these days. I just checked my calender and checked with the little lady. So, Sign me up. Red CO ,Blue CO it don't matter to me. If I'm not a CO would like to play on the Red side.

James, Redwolf I will play the whole entire game.

Well, I'm about to start working as a police dispatcher again, so not 100% sure I'll be free the whole day, but if I'm available I'll stop in on the IRC channel and see if there is room to squeeze me in on either side. It would be my first CPX game so I'd only want a unit or two until I get the hang of things.

Dave

Sounds good, it'd be great if you could play a significant portion of the game, but in the event that can't happen, why don't we call you an observer-in-reserve. This'll limit your observation to one side only, and your responsibilities will depend on your CO. If you don't want to commit to a side now, we can wait and see which needs another body.

No problem. If it wasn't for the change of jobs I'd be 100% for sure available after 11:30MST (I've got a college class on Saturday). I prefer blue side, but if I show up and red needs another person badly I'm open to whatever. I observed last CPX and am really anxious to get in some actual playing time. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

BTW, what is the conversion from GMT to Mountain Time?

Dave

All right, we've got a game. Keep the signups coming. Here's where we stand so far:

REDFOR

James Sterrett CO

David Fraser

Stoffel

Redwolf

Goran

Brian Oliver

BLUEFOR

Red 6 CO

Goatchomper

Bernard Cousin

Rattler

Warwick

Wolfgang

Hub

SgtCasey, Fraser's time is limited to the first couple of hours, just in time for you to get back from class, get briefed and take his units over ;)

Just a few more players and we're golden.

Edit: Updated player rosters

Edit #2: Another roster update

Edit #3: Yet another update

[ October 24, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Slaggg ]

Hi Slaggg

You can sign me in as red again.

Is 3pm meaning 1500 GMT?

Indeed next saturday the time will be changed,I think but that will be later on in the night.

I dont know if I have duty on saturday than,since I still dont know which company I am assigned too for the army.

So its possible I cant be able to play.

Slagg: Sounds good. I'll let you guys know for sure when I find out what my work schedule looks like for that day.

Hohenfels and Grafenwoehr... those are two places I saw lots of during my time there. I even pulled OC driver and civilian on the battlefield duty once. Fun, fun, fun! (No really, it was!)

Dave

I would be interested in playing on BLUFOR. I can stay for the duration barring commo failure. I know my way around TacOps fine, but I'm a little leary of IRC (just loaded and fiddled with it yesterday). I assume there is at least a blue, red, and umpire channel involved?

And to verify the start time: 1500 UTC- that should be 0700 PST, yes? Plus get there an hour early to iron out any wrinkles, so 0600...

Hub--Sounds good. Get a hold of Red 6, he's your CO. Also, us Pacific Coast folk are 7 hrs behind UTC, so 8am start time, I'll be there an hour early, but it may be a bit boring for you.

Let's get another red player signed up to even things out.

Redwolf--Stand by on this channel for a press release ;)

[ October 24, 2002, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Slaggg ]