Call me stupid, but......

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaulR:

Dear Stupid: smile.gif

In My Humble Opinion<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! wink.gif Thanx though!

OK, you're stupid.

I thought it was "in my honest opinion". Cuz, let's face it anybody who uses IMHO can't really be that humble can they if they use the acronyms of the net elite.

All these acronyms used to piss me off, because I could never figure out what the hell they mean. If ou think they are bad here, you ought to check out the GM e-mail list.

However, after a couple of beers, I have found that I can figure them out by reading the context most of the time. It's really work transferrence, I guess. I take the time to figure out what people who don't have time to write out fully what they mean for them. in turn, they save the time of those fewer keystrokes for whatever else it is they're up to. In the case of some, I think that time is spent coming up with tons of new ones.

In fact, if Bullethead puts in any more, I'm gonna have to contact my union rep and see if we can get some pay transferrence to fo along with the work. smile.gif

Disclaimer: no actual research went into using Bullethead in this example, and I am, in fact, an obnoxious Australian with few redeeming qualities.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

as far as I know, that one is meaningless... tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 02-09-2000).]

AFAIK? mebbe it means 'as far as i know'

one of my favs - DILLIGAS is 'Do I Look Like I Give A S**t?'

try it out some time. like with your boss or something...

And Goanna, I have found that one redeeming quality you posess is that you die well, nary a whimper or cry as you are blown to pieces...or is it me that is being shredded? it has been so long since we swapped a turn i forget?

Peng in an AFEM

My personal favorites: IMNSHO (In my not-so-humble opinion), FWWAE (Flame wars welcomed and encouraged, quite rarely used), and the one that stumped me forever, BRB (Be right back)

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?