alt.games.combat-mission

It would appear that you created that place so you could have a place to act like a spoiled child. Of the few messages I've seen posted by you none have been constructive.

You even called Fionn - "Fionna" and said he couldn't possibly know anything about CM.

What the hell??

Do you have some kind of problem with BTS or Fionn? Both?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

I'm not leaving the forum 'til every second person spells like Rob/1!!!

Until then I'm a slave of BTS!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hum well I wont leve till Maxiums stops tring to bug people. tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Hum well I wont leve till Maxiums stops tring to bug people. tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good on ya', Rob. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen typos, bad constructions, and outright misspellings in Maximus's posts, including his classic inability to correctly spell 'rebuttal' twice, once in the subject header, and again in the first post where he apologized for spelling it wrong by spelling it wrong again (thread locked by BTS before anyone who felt like it could point out how quaint it was).

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

My pea sea has a spell chequer

Ewe will bee glad two no

I know this massage is spelled write.

My pea sea told me sew!

------------------

Years have passed and I keep thinking what a fool I've been;

I look back into the past and think of way back then;

I know that I lost everything I thought that I could win;

I guess I should have listened to my friends

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me;

All the lonely feelings and the burning memories;

Everyone I left behind each time I closed the door;

Burning bridges lost forever more

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Rob/1,

really, why don´t you use the spell-checker that this BBS has? It really would save you a lot of harassment.

Epée<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to agree. With spelling like that it is possible to misconstrue what someone is trying to say. I mean, at the very least people should have correct spelling in their topic headers.

Note that Gunny Bunny never responds to posts in his own topic - he probably just wants more people in his newsgroup.

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>... act like a spoiled child.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, GB is pretty bad ... I've wondered if it's really an imposter out to discredit GB and sabotage the NG? Given the limited ability of the Internet to see who we're talking to, I agree that whoever this GB is their newsgroup postings have also lead me to believe it is in fact a spoiled child who is on the other end ...

Guest MantaRay

What is with all of this Fionn bashing anyway? Is it that people are jealous of his knowledge of WWII? Or that he plays CM really well?

Sad really, as Fionn has added quite a bit of historical knowledge (before the ban that is) and seems to be a good guy IMO. Too bad a few people (to remain nameless) baited him into going on the offensive (that may have led to his removal here).

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What is with all of this Fionn bashing anyway? Is it that people are jealous of his knowledge of WWII? Or that he plays CM really well?

Sad really, as Fionn has added quite a bit of historical knowledge (before the ban that is) and seems to be a good guy IMO. Too bad a few people (to remain nameless) baited him into going on the offensive (that may have led to his removal here).

Ray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in the newsgroup, Gunny Bunny, or someone purporting to be him keeps called Fionn , 'Fionna'.

That's like calling a Michael 'Michaela' or Roberta 'Roberta' etc etc.

Well isn't this lock n' ban bait. biggrin.gif

Rob/1, I mean, the Canadian school system isn't THAT bad now, is it? Jeepers. Frankly, you are just as bad as Maximus for baiting, and just as ignorant. How about you just ignore what he says (and get a spell checker or phonics), and he ignores what you say?

No offense (or is it offence?) but your spelling is probably the worst that I have seen in quite a while, and I am currently volunteering at an Elementary school working with learning disabled children in Grade 1 how to spell and write correctly. (no joke!) Seriously, you should really take care of this problem right away, before you get out in the working world where really literacy counts.

PS. I also liked and respected Fionn. It is too bad things went they way they did. Bashing him is uncalled for.

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 12-10-2000).]

Well, gee, since we are bashing about here a bit, I guess it is my turn. Rob/1, I frankly can live with your spelling. However, as noted above, you are also a "baiter", and frankly I find most of your commentary immature. Also, you made a big deal about leaving the forum a while ago, and then came back. Why did you do either of those things? For those reasons, I view your name in distaste. As for Fionn, he was an excellent source of knowledge, wisdom, and gameplay. Unfortunately for the world, he knew it. And lived it. Excessively. While I miss his skill on the forum, I actually feel happier knowing that there will be no posts filled with his sarcasm and "sacred cow" attitude.

There, I feel better now. Somebody's turn to flame me now. cool.gif

Jonathan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

What is with all of this Fionn bashing anyway? Is it that people are jealous of his knowledge of WWII? Or that he plays CM really well?

Ray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Are you stating Fionn is banned from the BTS webboard ??

If so, may I enquire as to why ??

Fionn claims to be some sort of beta tester working for BTS. Is this correct ??

Regards,

GB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunny Bunny:

This post is to advise you of a newly created Usenet group called news:alt.games.combat-mission. If you are unable to subscribe to this newsgroup, please contact your Internet Service Provide ( ISP ) and request that they add it to their Usenet server.

Here is the http homepage:

http://www.geocities.com/combat_mission1/Charter.htm

Thank you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many times are you going to spam this forum with this? What's the matter, nobody paying attention to you? If you really want my ISP to carry this newsgroup, then you call them, as I have no interest in it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hello,

Are you stating Fionn is banned from the BTS webboard ??

If so, may I enquire as to why ??

Fionn claims to be some sort of beta tester working for BTS. Is this correct ??

Regards,

GB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unusually civilised there. In your own words Gunny Bunny, maybe this will help you out:

Originally posted by Gunny Bunny on alt.games.combat-mission:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have compiled a list of suspected BTS spies attempting to disrupt and shut

down the pure and holy alt.games.combat-mission. I forbid the following

people from posting here anymore:

- Ms. Fionna

- Erik Astrup

- Etienne Le Chevalier

- Clay Cahill

Regards,

Gunny Bunny

** Wabbits are pure...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you have it, he is a spy!!

Guest Germanboy

Uh - could we just leave this uselessnet.crap out of here? I really don't see the need to drag this stuff onto the BBS. Just flamebait. What's the point?

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-10-2000).]