A Word of Gratitude to so Many of You

Gentlemen, your responses to the scenarios and operations that the design group included with the game have been most gratifying.

As though of you who have gotten into scenario design already know, it is a long and sometimes painful process. It means the investment of a lot of time.

When your response is so postive, it makes it all worth while.

And I personally want to thank you for your support of my own efforts. To date I've been able to come up with around 20 scenarios and 2 Operations since the publication of the game. That plus the 16 or so that came with the game makes for a "heap" of fighting. biggrin.gif

Your suggestions, positive criticisms and comments have been both helpful and encouraging for this old warrior. You're a great group of gamers!

And what is coming?

Well, I've got a few simmering on the fire even now.

The Road to Manhay, quick play, small scenario.

To the Last Man, fierce German defense of a small town near Sword Beach.

Melee at Marvie, German attack to get to Bastogne and it's encounter with a US TF.

The Wrong Hill, encounter between Canadians and Meyer's panzers.

Bridgehead at Benicourt, German counterattack against advancing American armor and infantry

Blood and Bocage a deadly game of hide and seek in the hedgerows in June, 44...an outdoor version of Vossenack - A Second Job.

One Operation:

Task Force Butler at Montelimar - 5 battles as TF Butler encounters Germans of the 11th Panzer Division in southern France.

These will be posted at various sites during the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted here if you wish.

One more thing. Thanks to all the testers for their fine work. They are the guts of making these scenarios work for you.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

And I'd like to thank you for taking the time to keep putting out high-quality work, and for adding immeasurably to the game. All of your scenarios have been a pleasure to play (if occasionally leading me to believe that you're an evil, sadistic man wink.gif), and I look forward to whatever you cook up next.

Cheers

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Thank you, Wild Bill, for all your hard work. I've tested, played, and always enjoyed your scenarios. Keep it up!

And definitely let us know when/where the scenarios you've listed are posted!

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Indeed work of the highest quality!

Thank You!

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Guest SS Peiper

and Thank you Wild Bill for all your hard work. I have been playing your scenarios and ops for a long time, from the Steel Panter days smile.gif always some of the best scenarios to play. Now were are the new ones please smile.gif I have to get sniperscope back for the last butt kicking he gave me. wink.gif

by the way he lost last time I played him. biggrin.gif

SS Peiper

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 10-22-2000).]

Wow! I'm greatful! Very greatful.

So...you were in Montelimar. I will be expecting reports from you on the operation directly, Chupacabra. Nothing like being there. That is great!

We'll keep it going guys, as long as the interest is there.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Nope! I'm afraid not, Pillar. I volunteered my services as did many others and it was a privilege to work with Steve, Charles, and all the rest of the beta team.

I have continued here on the forum in order to back up my contributions and get the feedback on my work which is very important to me. I also enjoy the company wink.gif.

with the positive responses from all of you, however, I feel well compensated for my time and effort.

If I have made a positive contribution to a hobby that I enjoy so much, that means a great deal to me personally.

Now if the day ever comes, I'm not averse to taking money! I have no problem with that at all!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

This encouragement is awesome and very humbling.

You know, when one if cracking away on a battle, getting frustrated with the process, remembering these very generous accolades is a great incentive to continue.

It's a part of human nature to want to be appreciated for one's efforts. This is all very nice both for me and even those beginning to do scenario design.

And for all those jumping into the waters of scenario design, such as you, Pathfinder, I wish you all the best of luck in your efforts.

I'll try to have a new one up for you this week. I'll announce it's location.

And just so you known, Kevin Kinscherf, who has been kind enough to do the new Boots N' Tracks page (CM section on the Wild Bill's Raiders site - http://wbr.thegamers.net ) will have a new page with new scenarios going up any day now.

We will keep you posted. There are three or four brand new ones going up on the site, including the "Bridgehead at Benicourt" battle.

Keep watching. It's close.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Wild Bill,

Thanks to you for your tireless efforts in creating some great scenarios and operations. As one who tests these gems, I can only say that your creativity and attention to detail say volumes about your desire to make this Great game even better. As one of those poor sods (for my British friends) who lacks even the basic ability to create a useable scenario, it is always a pleasure to know that you and other folks like you are working to create new challenges for us.

My thanks to you and all the other scenario makers. I would also like to thank the folks that are making the graphical mods. New scenarios and new mods, what more could a CM player ask for? (Except for TCP/IP and CM2 that is.)

Please keep up the good work.

Wild Bill, I sincerely beleive that it is we who should be grateful to you. Granted, I've only played the scenarios that came with the game, but I am aware of how detailed you made the mission briefings and how true to history you made the scenarios.

So, let me just say thank you. Playing the scenarios and saying "good job" is the least we can do.

Lawyers do not create wealth, they suck up the wealth of others. Thus, having no talent or time to create scenarios myself, I am very pleased that Bill devotes much of his time and talent to making good scenarios so I can suck them up.

Thanks for all your work, Bill!

------------------

There's a lot more than Santy Claus sneaking around in the dark

[This message has been edited by Lawyer (edited 10-23-2000).]

Wild bill, we love your work and greatly appreciate the effort you have put into our hobby.

When I heard you (and Los, Fionn, and other raiders) would be working on scenario design and beta testing I was phsyched. This game absolutely rocks and I believe you helped it to do so. Thanks for everything.