Hi There!! I'm a drunk lurker!!!!

Belgium Beers

No way - Everyone knows that Australian Beer is the best in the world - now not that Fosters rubbish we sell you folks overseas but a nice Cascade Premium from Tassie (Tasmania) or if a lighter experience is required a Carlton Cold goes a long way...

Cheers

Craig

Ps - I prefer an unwooded Chardonnay myself but hey - when in Germany - Drink Australian Beer - mwhahaha

On the beer front, I have to stick to the local treats. Believe it or not, we have several excellent brewers in Utah. Uinta Bristlecone brown ale or Rooster's Chocolate Stout... malt is good. Malt is very good.

An occasional Dragon Stout doesn't hurt, either, though I'm not in Jamaica (alas).

-- weasel (getting thirsty; must go home... new bottle of Oban waiting... must go home...)

Better and cheaper than Belgian (many of which I have tried here and in Brussels) is 3 Monts Golden Ale from Flanders, France. Same big bottle with a cork, but much better creamy taste and feel-good factor. Try it, you'll love it. I pay $5.99 per bottle in Washington at Total Beverage, cheaper with the case.

------------------

You have the right to remain silent.

Anything you say can be used against you....

I could go for a Licher right now....and I'm at work! biggrin.gif

Ok maybe 3 or 4 Licher's then a big ass Gyro from Ali-Babbas in Friedburg (Hess) and of course another 1 or 2 Licher's to wash that down, followed by a full course of soft, warm, German....hehe wink.gif

...ahh the memories....

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Well guys and gals,

It's beer o'clock for this grunt. Time to hunker in. For the State-side- have a good, long weekend. For the less fortunate...I'll have one for ya.

(My apologies to Germanboy. I told my wife last night that you gave me permission...but she just smiled and reached for that new rolling-pin I bought her for our anniversary. Silly me.) wink.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Fauster:

(My apologies to Germanboy. I told my wife last night that you gave me permission...but she just smiled and reached for that new rolling-pin I bought her for our anniversary. Silly me.) wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of a marketing coordinator are you if you can't sell that idea, eh?

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

What kind of a marketing coordinator are you if you can't sell that idea, eh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta pick and choose your battles my friend.

Gotta pick and choose...

Yesterday was Thursday and I chose my wife.

Today is Friday and I choose beer.

Gotta pick and choose... smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

I could go for a Licher right now....and I'm at work! biggrin.gif

Ok maybe 3 or 4 Licher's then a big ass Gyro from Ali-Babbas in Friedburg (Hess) and of course another 1 or 2 Licher's to wash that down, followed by a full course of soft, warm, German....hehe wink.gif

...ahh the memories....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hot damn Iron Duke, that Licher beer was incredible wasn't it!!!!!

I remember the walking down to ALi-babbas and hammering down 5 or 6 of them puppies every weekend. Kept at least a case stocked in the fridge.

Out of all the beer I sloshed down thru 6 different countries in Europe, LICHER was by far my most favorite. And it was right there in Firedburg all along.

You damn right! Ahh.. the memories......

Makes me wanna call my branch chief and have him put me on orders to Germany again.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.