Hi There!! I'm a drunk lurker!!!!

Guest Big Time Software

I gotta agree with Daverino. Got a corked up bottle of Grand Reserve chilling in my basement and CM on my harddrive smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What is it about alcohol that makes one have to post he's drunk<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same thing that makes you call old girlfriends and get all maudlin at 2:00 AM when you're drunk!

ianc

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianc:

The same thing that makes you call old girlfriends and get all maudlin at 2:00 AM when you're drunk!

ianc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know you should know better than that. Call 1-800 HAMSTER instead...

Where's that Chimay stuff from?

------------------

Andreas

Guest Big Time Software

Belgium. I am in love with Belgian beers. Heck, they have even replaced all my old favorites from Germany (Dunkles Heffeweissen in particular smile.gif).

Steve

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Belgium. I am in love with Belgian beers. Heck, they have even replaced all my old favorites from Germany (Dunkles Heffeweissen in particular smile.gif).

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, still an addict of alt.booze.panzer I see. Good. After some of the threads these days you probably need it. I forgot it was beer (the Reserve tricked me into thinking it was whine, err, wine)... Good stuff, but expensive. I generally prefer a nice real ale Stout. Current favourites are Skullsplitter, Dragonhead (both from Orkney) and Titanic (from the Southwest of England, I believe). Maybe I should go and resurrect the whisky thread... Between that and the thread, those are the only two worth reading anyway.

Have a good one.

------------------

Andreas

I'm not a great beer drinker (prefer red wine myself), although Steve got me hooked on some of the Belgium stuff... too bad you can't get it in Germany too easily...

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Fauster:

Am I the only one waiting (granted, pulling my hair out too) for the weekend BEFORE cracking a cold one? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, von fauster, where are your manners? Brandy is drunk warm, not cold. Meaning you can have one, now. Go ahead, you know you want it. Tell them I said it is okay...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Err, von fauster, where are your manners? Brandy is drunk warm, not cold. Meaning you can have one, now. Go ahead, you know you want it. Tell them I said it is okay...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sincere apologies Germanboy. After A GREAT DEAL of trial and error (mostly error), I've learned to refrain from all but my blessed BarleyHopMalt Buddy. And now that I can tell my wife that I actually have Permission... well, I'll see ya all later!

Guest Hiram_Sedai

I must confess that I am also "deep in my cups" as Mr. Scrooge once said. Now, I look forward to being soundly trounced by the Allies.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hnh3_cm:

Personally, I like keeping my brain cells. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What for? I know mine have not done anything for me lately.

Yesterday in the pub:

Andreas: Quick, there's this really hot girl (bearing in mind this is England...), come up with a good chat-up line.

Braincells: Nah, can't be bothered mate.

Andreas: you what?

(Girl walks out)

Braincells: Nahnahnahnahnahnaaahh

Andreas: I'll make you pay for this, barkeeper, five pints to start with.

Braincells: Oh dear, here we die again...

------------------

Andreas

Ah, nothing brings the lads together and smoothes over all the tense postings like a good thread on tippling... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Mmmmmm Belgian beer is the best in the world in my opinion. When I was there I made a point of visiting the Liefmann's brewery.

No running around looking at dusty old guns for me, just dusty beer bottles biggrin.gif

On that topic thanks whoever recommended the 16 yr Laghulin, its a superb scotch. Still not sure whether I prefer it to Laphroig humm, maybe a taste test...

------------------

As the victors define history, so does the majority define sanity...

hnh3_cm, sorry man I have no interest in holding on to any of my brain cells either.

Belgium beer does kick butt (in taste and alcohol content). There are two bars in my 'hood that carry almost only Belgium beers. They seem to be a bit competitive about who has the best selection. It is always fun to go in and see what they have new to try.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

I gotta agree with Daverino. Got a corked up bottle of Grand Reserve chilling in my basement and CM on my harddrive smile.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll know you've overdone it when your CM cd is chilling in the basement and there's Grand Reserve on your hard drive...