FLAGS!

Ok, first off, all the people I sent my flags to, delete the SS flag cause it stinks. I have made a new one which is 200% better. I'll release it with my complete SS-Panzer Division units file. The flags I have completed are as follows.

1. SS-Pz.Div. "Leibstandarte"

2. SS-Pz.Div. "Das Reich"

9. SS-Pz.Div. "Hohenstaufen"

10. SS-Pz.Div. "Frundsberg"

12. SS-Pz.Div. "Hitlerjugend"

17. SS-PG.Div. "Götz Berlichingen"

I would like to add the following.

Pz.Lehr "Panzer-Lehr Division"

2. Pz.Div

21. Pz.Div

116. Pz.Div

That would make it a complete armored division flag set, for the time period CM takes place in, and what front it involves.

Instead of moving on to infantry unit flags, I'm going to start on US armored division flags. Then see where popular demand leads me. I'm looking for a place to upload the files, so if anyone can help with this matter, I would appreciate it. Deanco? I would also like to send a set to a couple of people for review. Anyone interested just post it here.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I would love to have them also. Could yopu please e-mail the file to me?

Is it possible for someone to design an animated flag that moves/flutters?

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

2. Panzer Division complete...whew. I can now say the complete German Armored units for the west front is complete. I'm going to see what I can do for the yanks now.

----------------------------------------------Robert Olesen- How are these flags used? Do you replace the victory objective flag with the appropriate flag for the division you're using in a particular game? Or does it go into the info box at the bottom center?

---------------------------------------------

To answer your question Robert, I replaced the "?" flag with the "V Is For Victory Flag". WWII buffs will be familiar with the "V" sign. I figured victory objective, looked better as V than ?. Its a really nice flag and took awhile to create. As for the unit flags. You replace the German flag, for both on map and under picture, (there are 2, one big one little). So, lets say you wanted to be, 1.SS Panzer Division in a Campaign, then you would have the actual division insignia under the portraits of your troops,the flag would also be seen if you captured a victory location.

---------------------------------------------

And I'm sending out the flags to you guys this morning, sorry for the wait.

[This message has been edited by Klink (edited 12-15-2000).]

Just stopped in to say "thanks" to ya Klink.The flags you sent are sweet,and I can't wait to see the American ones.Oh yeah, I especially liked the victory flag.

------------------

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. "Gomer Pyle"

I'd be more than happy to host the files for FTP download. I don't have ton's of bandwidth, but send them to me and I'll put them on my web server on a CM page to DL via HTTP or FTP. My family site is www.karchfamily.com and I will put a CM page on there... it will be www.karchfamily.com/cm/ but it's not there yet. I'll wait for the flag files.

karch email them to

scott@karchfamily.com or scott_k@facilitywiz.com

Guest MantaRay

Hi Klink, great work. One of my friends sent them to me, and I really like the V for Victory flag, and am using the SS flag and menu graphic.

I am going to put them up on my Red Army site now. If you have an objection to this, let me know and I will take them down.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder