MDMP!??? You Can't Handle the MDMP1!!!!! Mod Madness on CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest KwazyDog

Well we have kept it green Bullethead to it looks ok in the game. Granted in real life it would be more of a dead brown colour but in the game it looks kinda yuck becuase yup, I already tried it smile.gif

Its a trade off between realistic and making it look visually pleasing sometimes wink.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maximus said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Com'on, you downloaded the 30MB Gold Demo didn't ya? What's 20MB?? I'm on a 56K too<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, I live way out in the sticks. I have 28.8 on a good day--most often it's 26.4 or less.

Second, I wasn't going to get the gold demo at first because it was my understanding that it wouldn't be released until the full game was almost in my hands. Didn't think it was worth struggling with. So I waited more than a week to get it, until it became obvious that the full game was still weeks away. And even then it took several tries to get it all--thank the Dark Gods of Cute FTP.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

It all looks outstanding- but one thing about the originals is it was easy to determine where scattered trees vs woods vs tall pines were because the tiles were a slightly different colour (without having to drag an LOS line through to be sure). Is this reflected somehow in the new art- can't tell from the angle...? Jagdpanther looks great.

Guest KwazyDog

Sure is Kevin smile.gif Currently CM has 2 different tile sets for tree terrain. One is light woods, and the other is for heavy woods and pines. We redid both and they look very differnt from each other... wink.gif

Damn! I thought the original graphics were great... These mods are just fantastic!

One thing: I'd just been wondering how difficult it would be to take the grapics for buildings in CM and make 'em more shot-up looking? Never thought I'd say this, but the buildings in CM are too purty! Every photo I've seen of urban combat depicts buildings with crumbling walls, missing roofs, etc. Possibly take the side graphics for a one-story building and extend them up to give the illusion of a destroyed upper-story...?

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 06-07-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

Dear "Mad Dogs"!

You might consider paying more attention to the orientation of the shadows on your textures. They are mixed up on this Panther! To be more specific, light seems to come from the left of the vehicle on the back wall of the crew compartment and from the right on the rest of the vehicle.

Regards, Thomm

Thank you Madmatt. You have solved my one and only complaint about CM... the lack of color. Now I await the arrive of CM with even greater anticipation (as if that is possible) :P :> :+) ;( redface.gif:)smile.gif :}

O look attack of the killer smilies

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rollstoy:

Dear "Mad Dogs"!

You might consider paying more attention to the orientation of the shadows on your textures. They are mixed up on this Panther! To be more specific, light seems to come from the left of the vehicle on the back wall of the crew compartment and from the right on the rest of the vehicle.

Regards, Thomm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I should have prefaced that POTD with the words "Work in Progress!!! smile.gif

That JP texture is actually a few months old and I know that Kwazydog intends to fix some stuff likem the perspective shadows and some other 'tweaks' to make it just right! I just wanted you guys to see the diference with some of these Hi-Res textures.

As to the treeline, YES it is still very apparent where the trees begin and the clear terrian ends.

About the brown trees bases suggested by Bullethead, As Dan said they look yucky! Not because they aren't realistic but there are some colors that DO NOT translate well to a computer monitor, Brown is one of them...

Madmatt

***ModMatt??? wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Hey guys I just wanted to commend you one some excellent graphics work smile.gif

I was wondering since some of us have some higher end cards/machines

Is is possible for some future polygon modifications in a seperate mod? That would be an awesome feat smile.gif

Matt, Krazy please keep up the good work smile.gif

thanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Guest Madmatt

While we sincerely appreciate your comments I feel the need to make mention that although the name is Mad-Dog there is another notable memeber of the team.

He is Bil Hardenberger and when he is not playing Fionn in PBEM games he is hard at work on some totally AWESOME Winter Camo mods for all your favorite vehicles. He also cranking out a few new Face textures as well. I will be showcasing some of HIS works in progress later today so he gets all the credit he is due.

As has been mentioned before, CM has the ability to have alternate WINTER textures which DO NOT overwrite the regualr ones. These textures ONLY appear when there is snow on the ground but it can in effect give you TWICE the vehicle textures. While CM does not ship with any of these textures included (there just wasn't time to do them justice!) Bil will be hard at work to get as many worked up as he can.

So as you can see, the MDMP1 is a team effort of the highest calibure and we really are stiving to push the limits of what CM can do even further...

Just wait to you hear some of the new sounds! wink.gif

Oh, to answer the question about the polygon count and underlying models. That is something we are looking at but that WOULD require the direct intervention by Steve and Charles as the models are 'inside' the game and not tweakable like the textures and sounds.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-07-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

For the record both Dan and I have Diamond TNT2Ultra Cards (770's) but I am not certain what card Bil is running. For the price and performance this has been the single GREATEST video card I have ever had!

The Righteous 3D from ORchid was my first 'dedicated 3D' card so I was in on the movement from the start but it was followed by a blur of video cards (Voodoo, then Voodoo with extra texture mem. then a Voodoo II) then a TNT and finaly a TNT2Ultra...Whew and now I am on the prescipice of getting a Geforce 2....

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-07-2000).]

amazing well done .well you know that. its been said over and over.we are getting spoilt not only are we getting the best game in the world its just got better with these new enhancments.you prob have these ideas in the works but ill let you know what i would love to see . Winter Camo for Troopers Helmet covers etc for the winter battles .and sub sonic delivery to australia so i get my CM copy super quick.: )

MY MONEY ORDER IS ON THE WAY

Looks excellent!!!!

One question though smile.gif

I only played the gold demo a couple of times, but the trees are seen as individual objects, right? I wonder, if you compare the 'old gfx' with the 'new mod gfx' you see that the placement of almost all trees changed?? E.g. the 3 pines next to the road have changed to one leaftree. Is this the same map?? Doesn't this influence gameplay? I don't want CC like things where you see something on the map, but it isn't really there in the game smile.gif

But then, I probably just missed something...

KAding

Madmatt,

I too want to get GeForce2 with 64MB RAM but next year. I will wait for more updated drivers better support in games and MORE IMPORTANTLY better price smile.gif. So far my Utltra is doing a fine job. I will probably go for Hercules but I will also need to get TV-in card as extra so I can convert my Formula - 1 races from my VHS to CD mpeg.

Peter

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAding:

Looks excellent!!!!

One question though smile.gif

I only played the gold demo a couple of times, but the trees are seen as individual objects, right? I wonder, if you compare the 'old gfx' with the 'new mod gfx' you see that the placement of almost all trees changed?? E.g. the 3 pines next to the road have changed to one leaftree. Is this the same map?? Doesn't this influence gameplay? I don't want CC like things where you see something on the map, but it isn't really there in the game smile.gif

But then, I probably just missed something...

KAding<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KAding,

Exact placement of trees is random in each tile. You will notice the same thing if you load the same map over and over that trees will pop up in different spots within the same tile. Its doens taffect the game since the graphics are only INDICTATORS that trees exsit at that area and do NOT simulate individual trees themselves. That sort of caluclation goes on behind the scenes in the game engine...

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex