GI Joe/ German action figures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought these figures that are just like GIJOE recently. They are german wermacht and done sooooo real. they have realistic guns,uniforms,helmuts,potato masher grenades and gear. They are made by Dragon action figures. the one is a german NCO named Gerhard and comes w/ a atmm the other is an infantry private namrd Klaus. They have triple jointed legs and arms and real lookiung faces.ill try to find a link to get them although i had a hard time getting mine. They can be bent to almost any position.

There is a company, 21st Century toys, that also makes a full line of 12" WWII figures.

I own a Panzergrenadier soldier and a Kettenkrad. The panzergrenadier has a helmet, MP44, grenade, trench knife, canteen, bedroll, gas mask canister. I also have the weapon set with an MP44, FG42, MP 40, Gewehr 98, and Luger pistol.

In fact, my panzergrenadier soldier is sitting in his Kettenkrad (with working tracks) on top of my bookshelf.

Pretty neat, and each was only 30 dollars.

Jason

Hey von shrad,

Those figures are too cool! I gotta get me one (or two). What do they cost? I couldn't find any prices on the web page.

Rex

PS. My girlfriend is cursing your name right now. You'd best lay low for awhile...

*checking to see if coast is clear*

I think they were around $35 bucks. I got them at a hobby store here in St. Louis. Funny thing is, they are posed shooting down a Ken doll in our curio. Yeah, thats right, candlesticks, ceramic elephants, potpouri , firing squad.

Nothing quite like a death scene to brighten up a living room.

[This message has been edited by von shrad (edited 01-18-2000).]

Jackie Chan !!! LOL, they need a Punk in drublic character with miniature brown bag and bong.

Next in the series would be the pimp from "I'm gonna get you sucka" smile.gif

I saw these guys at Walmart and Kmart over xmas for $20 bucks. There were a lot more guys than are at that website though. I wanted to get the 101st guy and face him off against the Grenadier guy around my computer. I know i'm a bit of a geek an I accept that...

Dear Mummy

Me wants a dolly for my birthday. Me will look after it and feed it and put in to bed. Oh and me also wants my dolly to have some grenades, an SS dagger and a big gun.

(signed)

Little Monster Creep (aged 3 and a half)

Dear Little Monster Creep

Shut up and eat your gruel.

(signed)

Mummy

The ones at Walmart and Kmart are called soldiers of the world and their quality isnt very good at all. Thre is some carried at toys r us with a differents name and they have 2 lines one of which runs are around 30 bucks. this company also makes a kettenkrad _ and the Panzergrenadier is awesome. Cant remember the co name tho and I threw the box away frown.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

These are great, but I had to laugh at the 21 Century descriptions... For ages 5-12. That's what I want, detachable plastic clips for the kiddies to swallow.

The suggested ages should be "For geeks of all ages"

Now... Just have to figure out if I want the Dragon guys of the 21st Century guys. The dragon guys arevery pretty, but the 21st are nice too and have lots of "accessories" and a couple vehicles...

My question is when are they coming out with the Panther? I could have my Patton GI-Joe face it down. he even has Willie with him!

I just got two Dragon guys: Alfred, who's an SS grenadier with autumn peas pattern smock w/ web gear camo helmet and MP44.

And this Honk Kong Swat guy. (this guy has awesome kit.)

I'd like to get the Dragon Tank Commander figure. Very nice.

Los

Guest Tom punkrawk

Lokesa said.. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...they need a Punk in drublic character with miniature brown bag and bong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a cd by Nofx called 'Punk In Drublic', one of the best punk cds I heard actually. I have the shirt too. So what is/was punk in drublic?

Someone said it was just a drunk guy saying drunk in public or something, i dunno.

[This message has been edited by Tom punkrawk (edited 01-18-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see the Clint Eastwood w/ the Thompson? Now I've only seen Eastwood in one ww2 movie(where eagles Dare) and he only had a mp40 in that...

Damn eastwood should have made more ww2 movies!! smile.gif

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

Jesus Christ! I thought I was obsessed with this war. Who's next, Adolph Hitler? Maybe he could have an electronic palsy motor to simulate late-war Parkinsons. How about death camp guards? "Heinz has a real leather whip to keep inmates in line." "Helga works at Ravensbruck, but don't think that being a girl means that she doesen't mean business." Maybe we could have a miniature canister of zyklon B with printed instructions. "Karl's gas mask fits snuggly, so that the fumes don't hurt him when it's time to process new inmates. Notice his coat with realistic fringe, for all of those cold Polish nights." Screw it, let's have prisoners. "Rolf's nose shows the permanent effects of having being repeatedly broken during interrogation. Take off his shirt and you can see the welts from Heinz's whip. Those rips in the shirt aren't by accident! Fully poseable fingers can grip the electric barbed wire for realistic suicide (barbed wire sold seperately).

Since this is from the same part of the world as that poster scandal, I would not be surprised. You guys hear about those posters in Taiwan? They were for a German firm selling space heaters. They showed a smiling cartoon Hitler giving the fascist salute next to a heater. "Declare war on the cold front." The German firm was shocked, and had the ad campaign (locally commissioned) removed. Needless to say, the Israelis were upset about the whole thing.

I have studied this war for years, and I usually play the Germans in war games. They've got the training, gear, and tactics to make it happen. They were incredible fighters. Still, this firm seems to LIKE the SS. The Totenkopf NCO disturbed me. I mean, they've got the death's head insignia on the hat. They had that as their patch because the division's cadre was made of concentration camp guards. Their first commander was Theodor Eicke (Dachau Commander). Many Waffen SS did their convalescent leave as concentration camp guards if they were walking wounded.

There are limits. These people used to go into villages and murder all the people. The Das Reich division herded an entire French village into a barn and set it on fire, shooting the people as they tried to run. Many of the young recruits did not know what they were getting into when they joined the SS, but they took to it once they did. Crimes happen in all wars on all sides, but there is a difference between an incident and a policy. These men were not warriors who committed murder, they were murderers who committed war.

Von shrad, please don't take this as a flame. People like us collect and study this kind of thing. Most of this firm's customers are probably neo-Nazis. I can see having the Wiking soldier, even the Russians said that division was clean. But Totenkopf? There are limits. The Russians executed their senior officers after the war, and we helped. We turned them over to the Soviets. The Russians demanded it, given the evil they represented.

Now we can all own a piece of the evil for only $19.99! See the international symbol of evil, not as an identifier in battle, not for historical accuracy, not because it was part of a scenario, but as a well-made work of art! Order now!

------------------

Climb to Glory!

If I had the money for it I'd get some of those dolls and if they made a little Hitler doll I'd buy it too. Of course I'd rather have an Attila the Hun doll but they don't make it either even though he was a rather brutal individual. Would having an Attila doll be going to far?

In some parts of the world Hitler is respected for his strength and will and nazi germanys might generally goes unargued. I could imagine such an ad campaign being rather succesful in a place such as Asia.

Sorry if this is personal for any of you, but to me they're just doll's and freackin cools ones at that smile.gif