Advice please on girlfriend

Specifically I'd like to know if anyone on this board has managed to get their girlfriend/wife hooked on CM. If so, how did you go about it? Any hints would be welcome.

If I could get my girlfriend hooked on CM I would be a very happy man indeed.

Tell her that all those strapping young lads are dismembering each other purely in her honour.

Or that it's a great way to beat the crowds down at the shops - SdKfz 251 up to the front door, and if anyone gets in the way, jab them with a bayonet. Yes ladies, carefree shopping... until the cops show up.

David

Forget it Mike, it's futile. I can be very persuasive, but i couldnt get it done....i got as far as her being able to recognize a Tiger when she sees one on the Discovery chanel but thats it. Then again i'm making progress, we're at chapter 2: the StuG, which is progressing very nicely smile.gif.

I guess what i'm saying is if it can happen at all be patient, be very, very patient.

------------------

And remember kids....dressing up like Hitler in school, is NOT cool!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ubermac:

Forget it Mike, it's futile. I can be very persuasive, but i couldnt get it done....i got as far as her being able to recognize a Tiger when she sees one on the Discovery chanel but thats it. Then again i'm making progress, we're at chapter 2: the StuG, which is progressing very nicely smile.gif.

I guess what i'm saying is if it can happen at all be patient, be very, very patient.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess I got lucky, My wife and I built 1/35th scale models, all German, Soviet armor, troops, & Eastren front diaromas. she can identify almost any German, Soviet AFV, rifle, or Wermacht, Waffen SS camouflage uniform pattern 8).

She also has an interest in my wargameing and helped me when we worked on the SP series, thru Pz.Elite,she confiscated my Pz Elite shirt LOL.

Regards, John Waters

Keep girlfiend and game separate! I don't know what common property laws there are in your countries, but she might get custody of the game!

BTW, I tried to interest my (then girlfriend, now) wife in board wargaming, she was curious. We played a tiny scenario of Wellington's Victory. She beat me, and hasn't played since. I think she thinks she's done that now. I say beginners luck! smile.gif

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

I am unselfishly considering opening an R&R facility for CM "abandoned women"---I've always quite liked abandoned women anyway ---so just ship them all out to my luxury facility in the beautiful idyllic paradise isle of the U.K. I'll unselfishly pamper and entertain them all for a couple of weeks R&R whilst you can all get on with the mayhem ..

N.B-----to all my PBEM opponents-----all games are cancelled until further notice.

--Who said altruism is dead?

My wife says keep the game separate, it can only lead to arguments over computer-use. She also says certainly don`t fire up CM 30 seconds after sex.

Oooops..<gulp>

------------------

"If your flank march is going well, the enemy expects you to outflank him"

Good luck, My wife's is a damn site mroe enlightened than most. I've got her to Race, do flight sims, and she's a killer at half Life, R6, Quake and other FPS. Lord knows we've EVEN played regular (board) wargames on occasion (Not since we had a kid though) but there's no interest at all in computer wargames... There's seems to be little to no appeal at all in computer wargames for the vast majoritry or women.

Los

Ok listen up and listen good. First don't teach your girl how to play CM and I'll tell you why later. Second, do what I did. I got another computer just for my girl. She is busy playing games like The Sims, and RollerCoaster Tycoon. Our computers are side by side connected to a lan. Sounds you hear, her side, "oh thats sooo cute" My side "Die you bastards, burn in hell" and other things, he he. Anyway, I tought her how to play Age of Empires 2, she thought it was cute and guess what? She just likes to make villagers cut wood and fish and build buildings, she doesn't like to fight. Killing is not in her she says. Well thats bull, cause we played eachother and she complained about killing each other, but I screamed, "YOUR BASTARDS WILL ALL DIE!!" next thing I know my people are dying all over the place, took me about 3 days to finally kill her.

Tell you what, I will NOT!! and I mean NOT go through that again, especially in CM.

Legend

Well my Wife's way cool. Let's me spend untold hours at the PC playing CM. I try and make sure she gets enough of my time as well. But she has shown no interest in the game. Even when I showed her a movie where a Sherman turret was swinging around to kill my PSW 231/3 and I nailed it with a second to spare - I was on the edge of my seat, and it had no effect on her at all.

A few years back we tried to play deathmatch in Terminator, but she wouldn't shoot me - "I can't shoot my Sweetie!". However she did lay into me with an axe in a game of Quake. I smacked her with an axe, she smacked me, I smacked her again etc etc. But that was a one off.

The only time we have played anything like this for any length of time was as a team of two in a co-operative game of Doom II. *sigh* I remember getting to the end of one level, loaded to the teeth with weapons and ammo. I'm about to push the button to end the level when *BLAM* - everything goes red and I start the next level with a pistol and 25 bullets (like level 18). From her networked PC behind me I hear "Sorry! Sorry!". Her finger had slipped and I had gotten a rocket hit in the back of the head, right as I ended the level.

I'd love to play CM against her, but she just isn't interested. Suffice that I play against my PBEM opponents as much as I do!

OGSF

When I ordered CM, I told my girlfriend that when the game arrived I would have to break up with her for about a month, then we could get together again, in weekends, for a couple of hours.

Since I am very forgiving and have a gentle heart, I let her come to my house and watch me play. I tried to spark her interest by showing 155mm arty rounds blow up a whole village, but she didnt seem very excited.

She likes it though when I go catch some sleep in between CM matches and let her play The Sims of Rollercoaster Tycoon also.

But there is hope, she did seem more interested in learning CM then when I tried to teach her ASL!

Epée

[This message has been edited by Epée (edited 07-24-2000).]