BATTLE STATIONS - US History Channel

On right now in the US The History Channel is showing aone hour special about the M4 Sherman, it's advantages... and its great weaknesses. There was some "re-enactment" footage that looked really good. Gives a good look at how they move. Might be interesting for CM players. Just starting now (at least on the West Coast).

Clay-

I caught it last night. It was interesting to hear from the perspective of the Sherman tankers themselves. I can only imagine how it must have felt to see Sherman tanks brewing up all around you like that, and seeing fellow tankers on fire trying to scramble out of their tanks.

It kind of made me think about how it would be interesting to have CM simulate a tank brew up the way the footage showed it. I mean having the ammunition ignite and go off inside the tank, basically blowing it apart from the inside out. Talk about a morale decreaser.

[This message has been edited by Mr. T (edited 09-26-2000).]

ahh the Joys of Tivo! It was kind enough to grab this show for me, it was pretty good and some nice footage.

btw, get a Tivo and you'll always have a good war documentary to watch once you get it set to your preferences. I never watch network TV anymmore.

p.s. Im not affiliated with Tivo I just really like mine wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Out of all their sets they offer to sell I only saw 1 (ONE!) on DVD, argh, though it was an outstanding series (WW2 In Color). If they only would offer more stuff in DVD format. And yes Battle Stations is on VHS. I think the sherman one looked the most interesting, the DUKW one might be good too.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

I enjoyed the footage of the German tanks after the carpet bombing (prior to the allied offensive). What a sight to see those tanks after having been tossed about by the bombing. I read once that the surviving crews used ropes and chain to pull the tanks upright then went out to fight. That story always amazed me. After seeing the pictures it cause me to wonder at the courage of those men.