Just out of interest what sort of ages are people in this forum

It has been raised quite few times now that on the whole people on this site are of an older age. Not old old but in thirties/ late twenties. I am myself a mere youngun at 18 (only just by a few weeks).

When you use the search feature (right hand top of the page) and enter "age" you'll find a few excessive threads about this. If I remember correctly, the average ago (Freudian mistake I'd say rolleyes.gif ) was 38 years or so...

[This message has been edited by Moon (edited 04-02-2000).]

Guest -panzershreck-

well i can safely say im a bout a quarter of the age of WWACTON

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

At 60, I'm probably one of the few who can qualify as a FOP without any fear of contradiction.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my dad isnt even that old

[This message has been edited by -panzershreck- (edited 04-03-2000).]

Ok, I usually just read the posts but it is interesting to see what the ages of all the regulars are. I am 30 and have been playing Avalon Hill games since I was about 8 (my Dad needed someone who he could beat...but htat has changed now) biggrin.gif

I am to turn 20 on May 10th, and get my BA in History, with a particular interest in WWII. Well, I'm not here by chance, am I ?

Jeff,

I was looking forward to offering you something for your recent wedding, but if you prefer something for your birthday then I'll gladly wait biggrin.gif

Guest GriffinCheng

Humm, how dare! So there are always people who want to peel into others' privacy while some do not mind showing it off. Nope! I am still keeping my secret these 31 years all along!!! biggrin.gif

Griffin @ home just feel like writing this one. wink.gif

Guest major_tom

39 years

been playing Avalon Hill board games

since I was 13-14 I guess

I have Dreamed since I was a teenager that

there would be a way simulate squad and tank level combat where my nerdy "odds calculating"

(I could say chincy) opponents would not

know the strength or location of my units

where the element of surprise could over come

strictly calculating all the odds in a battle.

My opponents have been known (proudly I might add) as the king of the "soak off", where one

weak units (in a hex based game) keeps serval

stronger units busy (by dying for their country) while the other attacks take advantage of Much more favorable odds as my oppenents would calculate the odds for every

last battle.

NOW we have a fair playing field! Truly Simulating real combat where you can only

spot the oposing units your units can actually see.

This I like

Thank you Big Time Software !

this game Even in its Beta demo format is

What I ahve always dreamed of for simutlating

Post D-Day combat . I can wait for the Gold

Demo and I ahve orderd the Real game

I hope I can get before the end of May

I don't know If I can wait that long!

-tom W

We should analyze the distribution of all of the listed ages, find the mean, establish control limits, and then re-center the process if necessary. y=x(f) Bell curves, histograms, and a complete pareto analysis.

It's amazing how 12-14 hour shifts, working for an OEM supplier to the auto industry, can otherwise infiltrate the mind of an otherwise healthy, sane, lad of 29 (As soon as May 25 arrives.) years of age. biggrin.gif

My BA in theological studies is bigger than yours in history! Nanny, nanny, boo-boo!

"I lurk, therefore, I am."

BJ Simpson--the silent sychophant.

P.S. Somebody laugh at this post. It was a tough weekend.

P.P.S. CM will be released on my birthday because the BTS guys wanted to give me the best present anyone could ever have.

P.P.P.S. Are you laughing yet?

*Must type more....must not succumb to work fatigueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

kb9sog wrote:

fatigueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........zzzzzz[and lot more z:s]

May I ask you not to write so long words. I don't know what they do on other browsers but they definitely mess up mine. Thank you.

And as I happened to post on this thread, I could as well tell that I'm 24.

- Tommi