Version 1.05 Update Available

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mark Jensen

Does the 1.05 affect a PBEM started in 1.04 or should we play the 1.04 game through?

Best regards

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark

[This message has been edited by Mark Jensen (edited 08-25-2000).]

Ooh, a little bit of Soviet-style revisionism smile.gif :

The 8/17 1.04 readme lists:

"* Large guns like the 88mm AT are allowed to use the rotation order (this was a bug)."

The 8/24 1.05 readme lists:

"* Large guns like the 88mm AT are allowed to use the rotation order (this was a bug)."

and the earlier entry in the 8/17 1.04 section has been deleted.

No biggie (and listing the actual corrections under the patch in which they were actually fixed is the correct approach). I just (tongue-in-cheek) find the sliding of the fix from 1.04 to 1.05 amusing in a historical context. What's next, the reprinted manuals not mentioning Colin "CoolColJ" Chung or Fionn Kelly? In case I need to explain, this is meant as a joke - the Soviets continually "retouched" history to match what the current regime wanted viewed as "facts." smile.gif Thanks for the patch.

Guest dirkd1976

Wow!! You guys are fast!! I just downloaded 1.04 two days ago!! Thanks for the continuing support Steve and Charles. All of us here at the forum REALLY appreciate it!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

How large is the 1.05 patch file?(the one i downloaded is 1.66).And if it is an executable file and not a zip,shouldnt it have that Tank icon..This is the second time in a row that I was not able to Load it..I have 1.03 running fine,but cant get 1.04 or 1.05 to work.

PanzerMan

Perhaps you've done what I did when I tried to install patch 1.04

Running the downloaded file only creates a new directory with the actual patch inside.

You have to get into that directory and follow the instructions in the README file. (Probably just copy the CM exe-file to your CM directory.)

Hope this helps

Olle

Guest Mortiis

What a treat to wake up to. Thnx BTS

Its nice to see a game company that one can trust. Amazing is all I can come up with

Excellent work BTS, you guys continue to amaze and delight.

Quick Question, would someone repost the instructions for converting PBEM games ... I've got a couple of 1.04 games going that I might as well convert. And, being elderly as I am I've clean forgotten how smile.gif

Joe

I think the conversion instructions are in the readme, but basically you load the PBEM file using the older version (in this case 1.04) and save the game. Then quit CM, launch 1.05, and load the saved game. Finally, start enjoying v1.05!

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

VERY Fast

Very effective

excellent support a game that we can tell you guys truly LOVE to support fix and patch.

It is a joy to play and it shows

Steve and Charles I hope your sales are rising higher than you ever expected!

With Customer support like this you don't really need a BIG advertising budget.

Thanks so much

We all really love this game!

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>