14 hours ago, Motorola7734 said:

wondering if anyone has tried modding gun sounds from Squad and implementing them into Cold War or Black Sea

People have modded sounds in various CM titles using donor files from other software. 

Not sure about CW/BS and Squad, but I would imagine it's doable if not.

Posted (edited)

There's probably a Youtube vid featuring all the Squad gun sounds. While that video is playing, use Audacity (or any other recording software that lets you see the waveform) to record your own PC's output as a lossless flac or wav file. Then chop that master file up into individual sounds. You can even combine sound files in various ratios, and this, along with Audacity's really nice onboard effects, can get you some very new and very impressive sounds. 

However(!!)... Combat Mission sound files need to be mono and of a certain type and bit rate (which I forget at the moment), and this conversion is where you'll notice the degradation in audio quality. But the sounds could still be really good. I did a Band of Brothers / Saving Private Ryan gun sound mod this way, and some of the rifle sounds are fantastic. The Garand, especially, made those handful of hours 100% worth it.

Edited by sttp

5 hours ago, sttp said:

There's probably a Youtube vid featuring all the Squad gun sounds. While that video is playing, use Audacity (or any other recording software that lets you see the waveform) to record your own PC's output as a lossless flac or wav file. Then chop that master file up into individual sounds. You can even combine sound files in various ratios, and this, along with Audacity's really nice onboard effects, can get you some very new and very impressive sounds. 

However(!!)... Combat Mission sound files need to be mono and of a certain type and bit rate (which I forget at the moment), and this conversion is where you'll notice the degradation in audio quality. But the sounds could still be really good. I did a Band of Brothers / Saving Private Ryan gun sound mod this way, and some of the rifle sounds are fantastic. The Garand, especially, made those handful of hours 100% worth it.

Right, so I read a very similar post last night and I did manage to record sound for ak74. Clipped it out in audacity as mono and at 44100HZ and put it in Z folder as .WAV file. It did replace the sound but even with denoising it in audacity it is just white noise. Any idea why?

4 hours ago, snarre said:

squad sounds are not ewen that good. HQS 5.0 sound mod do mutch better job.

I saw that HQS uses some Project Reality sounds like for AK for example and I love it but I just want to switch it up a bit u know.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:03 PM, Motorola7734 said:

Right, so I read a very similar post last night and I did manage to record sound for ak74. Clipped it out in audacity as mono and at 44100HZ and put it in Z folder as .WAV file. It did replace the sound but even with denoising it in audacity it is just white noise. Any idea why?

Here are the properties of "gun 5 ak-74 0.wav" I've been using myself, in case you have a mismatch somewhere.

Clipboard01.jpg

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, fireship4 said:

Here are the properties of "gun 5 ak-74 0.wav" I've been using myself, in case you have a mismatch somewhere.

Clipboard01.jpg

On 5/10/2024 at 6:57 PM, sttp said:

Interresting just realise that the sounds are all recorded in mono, I did some and they were all recorded in stereo !!

Edited by JM Stuff