Posting photos in forum.

I must apologize for my lack of knowledge in advance. Can someone please give me some advice on how the hell you can post a decent photo on the forum that will conform to the restriction in size. For the love of Pete I cannot figure it out. I would consider myself to be average computer person, or so I thought. The almighty Google God has failed me thus far. I must say my wife is somewhat annoyed at my profanity in this attempt. It's time for me to take my blood pressure medication. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

ok, these image hosting websites offer a variety of ways to get your image to where you want. if you pick the wrong way, then you just get some link text and NOT the image. Go to your site and MAYBE look for the method that says the word "direct", copy it from there by hitting a button usually

then go to CM forum and paste 

EDIT: I guess Chucky says discord does this for you already? But the host sites are like albums and you can see it all clearly. I am not sure if discord offers that...

Edited by kohlenklau

As a 1946 'what-if' perhaps against the Soviets, the Super Pershing is interesting.  In CM game terms I can't see BFC modelling what was literally a one-off using bits of added Panther armour.  I was kinda hoping they might do the stock M26 though, but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

OMG you got it thanks buddy. Now whether this vehicle ever saw combat or not is relevant to me. In any event it was too little too late for number of reasons. One was that transportation issues. The Pershing would not fit on the existing system we the USA had in place. That's why the Sherman was the main tank of the war. Did the M4 stand a head-to-head fight on Panther, no. Are guys flanked them and shot them on the sides. There is no doubt in my mind that the Sherman won the war by sheer weight of numbers. The USA out produced the Germans and the Japanese in every weapon system period. By the end of the war, we overwhelmed them by sheer weight of numbers.

12 minutes ago, markus544 said:

There is no doubt in my mind that the Sherman won the war by sheer weight of numbers.

Just a thought but 80% of German casualties are often said to have been on the East Front.  But there were of course some Lend Lease Shermans there as well 😉.

14 minutes ago, markus544 said:

By the end of the war, we overwhelmed them by sheer weight of numbers.

Can't argue with that, also bearing in mind Soviet production of T34s etc.

Here's another free image hosting site I've used for several years: https://imgbb.com/

No need to register, although you can if you want to keep your pics organized. Just upload a pic and grab the url. I've never had them delete a pic on me.

Imgur recently said that they would delete any pics that hadn't been accessed for a period of time, I forget how long. Plus, it's obviously a Commie site... I do use it somewhat, because it's the only image hosting site accepted by a certain website I frequent. Okay by me, since they don't seem to be aware, or care, that I'm using them to host decidedly un-Communist pics, haha.

Also, what tank is that?

Edited by Rob2020
Particle accelerators give me a Hadron.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:43 PM, kohlenklau said:

ok, these image hosting websites offer a variety of ways to get your image to where you want. if you pick the wrong way, then you just get some link text and NOT the image. Go to your site and MAYBE look for the method that says the word "direct", copy it from there by hitting a button usually

then go to CM forum and paste 

EDIT: I guess Chucky says discord does this for you already? But the host sites are like albums and you can see it all clearly. I am not sure if discord offers that...

Yep, I always found Imgur difficult to use.

Chuck‘s Discord recommendation sounds good. Guess I have to try that.