Infantry Pack 2

I previously released an infantry pack for CMBS sometime ago. Since thence been using the Black Sea models in SF2. SOOOOOOO I thought why not an infantry pack for SF2. This one will be a bit better than the last. its still in progress. im in school full time so when I get breaks in between. I'll be reaching out to some of you for help and I'll definitely shout you out in the end. What can you expect? Im an infantry guy so I want to make things as authentic as possible for everyone!!!

1. 10+ infantry units

2. Updated Sounds(M4,M249, Javelin, etc)

3. Modded uniforms(Combat Shirts,ISAF patches, rolled sleeves, etc)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

VA26,

Thanks for this mod. Could you please tell me how and where to install it please, (Z or Mods)? Do i extract all the uniform folders or just one that i select ? also, do i just leave all the files in the folder once extracted to the location ?

Thanks

Mods (usually) go in My Documents/Battlefront/<Game Name>/User Data/Mods.  It depends on how you installed the game.  But that's where you should find your mods.

Best to extract files from the zip or brz folder into a folder with a similar name so you know what you have in that folder.  That folder can then be placed into your Mods folder.  You can extract all mods and place the files in separate folders that are named appropriately.  How you name the folder will determine which is read last and therefore which mods will appear in the game.  So, one can use the prefix "Z" before the folder name to ensure a folder is read last.  One can use as many "ZZZ's" as you want to have folders loaded in a certain order.  

Erwin,

Thanks for responding. I have the steam ver actually but understand where to place the mods there.I created a Z folder per other suggestions I have seen on how to install mods threads. My question is more the uniform mod folder has numerous uniform folders inside to extract. Do i only place one uniform folder at a time in the game Z folder and the game will use that uniform ? also, there are bmp files within the uniform folders. do they also go into the main game Z folder. I guess i am asking do i just place the entire single uniform folder with all its contents in the game Z folder or just certain files. Can they be left in the uniform folder or do i have to place each individual file in the game Z folder ?

Hope that is clear for you.

Thanks

Edited by Hmrd
update info

Best to create a folder for each mod that is in a zip/brz file.  Name it the same as the brz folder so you know what it is in it.  Expand that zip/brz and place all the files from that brz into the newly created folder.  You can then delete the brz/zip folder.  Do NOT expand all the files within several zip/brz folders into the same folder!  

"Do i only place one uniform folder at a time in the game Z folder and the game will use that uniform ? That depends on whether the mod names are the same for all the mods.  First, per the above, expand all the brz/zip folders into separate folders that are named appropriately.  So if you have 5 zip/brz folders, you should end up with 5 folders with the expanded files inside.  (At that point you can delete the compressed folders.)

Take a look at the expanded file names in one folder with the names in the other folder(s).  If they are named differently, the appropriate mod will appear when the matching unit appears in the game.  However, if the names of the individual mod files are the same for both folders, then you can only have one mod appear in the game at any time.  IN this case, the way one selects which mod will appear, is to add one or more "Z's" as a prefix to your newly created folder with all the files inside.  Eg:  If one has 4 mod folders (Mod name 1, Mod name 2, Mod name 3, Mod name 4) full of uniform files which are named the same s and one wants Mod 3 to appear.  Rename Mod name 3 to "Z Mod name 3" and that ensures that Mod 3 is loaded last and therefore appear in the game.  One can use as many "Z's" as one wants so for example, I have many mods named "ZZZ <Mod name> so that folder loads after "ZZ <Mod name>.

My explanation seems complex, but the process sounds more complex than it really is.  Once you get the hang of handling mods it is very easy.  

Erwin, thank you so much for responding again and the detailed response.

"the appropriate mod will appear when the matching unit appears in the game". That part was also a big help as it explains the uniforms are specific to each unit. I had been wondering if that was the case or if only one uniform mod was selected and placed in the game folder if the same uniforms would be on all the units in the game.

Thank you once again, you have been a big help !!

If you expand a compressed folder and look at the uniform bmp's, you will probably see there are uniforms for airborne, mech, inf etc etc.  All those mods will work together (ie: will not overwrite each other) but you will only see the mod in the game if there is a matching unit.