CONTEST! Design the kampfgruppe to attack the BEF at Les Attaques, France (May 1940)

A fun contest. Anybody want to enter this contest?

The "prize" is to be determined.

Help me design the kampfgruppe to attack a small BEF infantry force at Les Attaques on 23 May 1940.

It was the 1st Panzer Division.

I am using CMRT with the F&R module. Because I want the BEF to have anti-tank rifles.

Right now it looks like this...

I have 50mm mortars and LMG34's. 

275-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

This is a 2-edged sword. You want to try and be accurate but there also can be an element of "add this toy!"

My buddy will play me PBEM in this scenario here on the forums in a few weeks. He says the half-tracks should not be there BUT they would be cool to use. hahaha

I am thinking to delete those two 251's and change to trucks with towed 37mm ATG and towed 75mm IG.

Kradshutzen?

We aint got no kradschutzen!

We don't need no kradshutzen!

I don't have to show you any stinkin' kradshutzen!

The book arrived

The flames of Calais | Oxfam GB | Oxfam’s Online Shop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, it seems that the axis force is composed of infantry with LMG's, with some pioneer support using a flamethrower, backed up by just machine-gun armed vehicles, wheeled or maybe tracked. Later in the battle some 2cm cannon armed vehicles join in. I will roll with that!

Nobody chimed in. Not a single entry. Surprise! Mr. E.R. Bradshaw was not an actual forumite. So I get all the whizzo butter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to seriousness.

The scenario editor details are noteworthy of how I have crafted the German infantry force.

Anyway, for anybody out there interested in making CMRT seem more early war @Artkin @Suchy here is what I did.

I set date to May 1945. Quality to poor. Purchased a shifstamm kriegsmarine battalion!

I only needed a company size force so I deleted out a bunch of stuff.

The mod turns them into German infantry.

Return date to June 1944. Region is Soviet Union.

I get 99.9% LMG34. No rifle grenades. I don't see any G41 or G43. I have only 2 or 3 panzerfaust 30 or 30k among the company. Go to those squads and detach an anti-tank team. You lose 2 riflemen but they take the panzerfaust and you can use an exit zone filter near the axis set up zone to pull them out of the scenario early.

22 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Nobody chimed in. Not a single entry. Surprise! Mr. E.R. Bradshaw was not an actual forumite. So I get all the whizzo butter!

Not supricing...This entire forum is as dead as the progress/updates from BFC...poeple are losing intrest in this game unfortunatelly...

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to seriousness.

The scenario editor details are noteworthy of how I have crafted the German infantry force.

Anyway, for anybody out there interested in making CMRT seem more early war @Artkin @Suchy here is what I did.

I set date to May 1945. Quality to poor. Purchased a shifstamm kriegsmarine battalion!

I only needed a company size force so I deleted out a bunch of stuff.

The mod turns them into German infantry.

Return date to June 1944. Region is Soviet Union.

I get 99.9% LMG34. No rifle grenades. I don't see any G41 or G43. I have only 2 or 3 panzerfaust 30 or 30k among the company. Go to those squads and detach an anti-tank team. You lose 2 riflemen but they take the panzerfaust and you can use an exit zone filter near the axis set up zone to pull them out of the scenario early.

Augh my biggest problem is a lack of getting 10 man squads and a 4 platoon arrangement with german infantry. The single mg34 is appealing, I for the most part generally get favorable results by setting quality to poor in the editor for a 1942 setting. For 1942 that does sound nice.

btw the orsha maps 1 and 4(?) port directly into cmfi. I desertized them and removed the trees, it looks good. I even made an attack/defense scenario using the full map

Edited by Artkin

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 2:23 PM, kohlenklau said:

Maybe I need a better deodorant? 🤔

Nothing to do with your body odor, Phil, although it's far from pleasant. 😄 It's just that people like you, JM, Vacillitator, LS (where are you, mate?) and Falaise are getting more and more rare on this forum. I've followed your France 1940 mod, and although I'm not very interested in that period, I wonder why it did get so little response, while at the same time quite a few people are asking for a Blitzkrieg 1940 CM. That really puzzles me. Still, I hope you guys don't get discouraged and keep up the good work and wait for better times.

Edited by Aragorn2002

I tapered back my production rate so I am at a sweet spot with NOT being so discouraged.

Well, if folks are quietly enjoying it, I am fine with that. It has almost 1000 views in CMMODS for whatever that indicates. Maybe like a fat chick at a bar late at night near closing time, lots of looks, but who takes her home? :D

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-fortress-italy/cmfi-other/cmfi-france-1940-mod/

On 8/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, Suchy said:

I'm still waiting for KV-1

Me too, me too 😉.

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

people like you, JM, Vacillitator, LS (where are you, mate?) and Falaise

In that list, I am but the bumbling idiot who occasionally gets to test something (and even then I'm a little slow at times).  And I agree with your comment about Mark, I've been trying to reach him for some time...

Anyway Jacob, it's good that you support Phil in his time of partial retirement 😉.

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Me too, me too 😉.

In that list, I am but the bumbling idiot who occasionally gets to test something (and even then I'm a little slow at times).  And I agree with your comment about Mark, I've been trying to reach him for some time...

Anyway Jacob, it's good that you support Phil in his time of partial retirement 😉.

You may underestimate yourself, Tim, but I won't. People like you are the reason why I stick around

The reason why I support Phil is entirely selfish. I'm scared as hell that he's gone one day. And than CM is really in trouble.

I'm worried about Mark. This is not like him at all. Something must be wrong. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

29 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

People like you are the reason why I stick around

You are too kind my friend.  I tried to find an appropriate blushing emoji, but failed.

During Phil's recent visit I made the case (at some length and great expense 😂) that we do not want to be without him.  Whether the copious quantities of beer or the curry made a difference I don't know, but he hasn't jumped ship yet.

And snooping somewhat regarding Mark, it seems he visited as recently as last Tuesday, perhaps briefly.  My fingers and toes are crossed for his full return...