Partially buried buildings

2 hours ago, WimO said:

You pay for a car. User made maps are a free gift.

You're spot on, of course. I think that the OP's  phrase was "some maps in the FB campaigns and scenarios", so I assumed that he meant the ones that came with the game.

Meanwhile in an attempt to keep things harmonious.... 

A peculiarity (that usually doesn't cause undue problems) is objects placed on a map in the editor may then 'settle' into their positions when you actually play the scenario. Sometimes a road cuts into a hillside more than in the editor, a building settles deeper than in the editor, a bunker or trench line deforms the terrain, an elevation change is a bit more or less abrupt than in the editor. We especially had issues with this doing mountainous CMFI maps. You're compelled to fix issues that you don't actually see in the map editor. Its a small matter making fixes on a small map with six building, a huge map with 60+ buildings is more difficult. About a year ago I tried chasing down a building issue on a map and each time I fixed one issue (that I couldn't see in the editor) another would pop up elsewhere. It was like playing Whack-A Mole.

Yepp...

If you set about to try and fix a larger, hilly map with lots of buildings you might end up reshaping the entire look of the map...and if your goal is to design a large, hilly map with lots of buildings from scratch you will be quite limited in what you can do if you want to have no partially sunken buildings on it...

It's a game engine limitation...Not a scenario/ map design one imo...

• 3 months later...
On 7/17/2023 at 10:01 PM, Pericles said:

What kind of explanation does Battlefront give for not removing land that surrounds buried buildings?

Their reason is possibly "This game has to be released now. Give us what scenarios you have and we update them in good time".

It's not only badly checked scenario maps that is to be found in the games but also briefings with badly spelt English.